IGNORED

Alcohol Testing

rumbellow

Stortfordred has posted on the SL forum asking whether players can be tested at training for alcohol.

I think this is a great idea for 2 reasons, 1)As our overpaid, under achieving professional boozers obviously can't be trusted to stay off the lash (when oredered not to) and 2)Perhaps when one or two of them arrive in their fast cars and are still over the limit from the night before (they might think twice) although I doubt it.

I suppose your being clever and telling me alcohol is a drug, Thanks for that Blair was right education, education, education.

However the tests are very different.

Drugs = Urine

alcohol = breath

Although both can be conducted with a blood test....

Alcohol is metabolised by the body at 1 unit per hour regardless of your size or constitution - so if you have 8 pints of regular lager that equals approx 16 units.That means it will take the body 16 hours to be completely alcohol free.A 75cl bottle of most spirits contains 30 units - or approx 12-15 pints of Fosters.

The driving limit of 0.35 breath alcohol is approx 4-6 units.You can work the rest out for yourself.

Guest MaloneFM

Before we get into the chemistry of all this can I just add...fat chance.

Do you really think a group of people that defend a manager that was unpopular, produce a badge that was unpopular, a shirt that was unpopular, try to sell bricks in a stand that isn't going to be built, send letters out to supporters telling them to sit down and shut up and still employ a failing unhygenic and costly catering service...will listen to you and say, for once, great idea-we'll do that!

You will get a bland reply for Colin Sex. End of.

Guest MaloneFM

They won't do it. They test Brooker before an important game and he is 5 times over the limit what will they do? Ban him? Fine him?

I'm sure he'll renegotiate a contract after that.

OK having a dig just because I asked a question is a little harsh! All I'm asking is because they are both an invasion of a persons privicy (in a way maybe not for a sportsman) surely they go under the same jurisdiction?

:city::city::city:

Invasion of privacy...................................Even if they are over the limit............................Never thought of that............................Next time someone I know is done on a breathalyser, Appeal to the European court of human rights..............................Solicitors will love this loophole, Licence to print money or what.

I know lets pay for drivers for all of our professional drinkers, Seems fair to me, Lets drive them all to drink.

Guest MaloneFM

Calm Rumbers old stick.

Not an invasion of privacy but probably against the contract terms they are on under City. They are allowed to be randomly tested by an FA official or represenataive after a game but the club testing them for booze is against the express terms of ther contract or employment and they can refuse.

They won't do it anyway.

Why is it when we lose a game you cannot even ask a question without getting your head bitten off!! Its not like I was out to prove you wrong rumbellow, just to ask a question! The club are not the police so you can't apply the same laws to it I'd imagine. Though working for a company that doesn't do random tests I havn't got a clue what the rules would be for an employer to employee.

They won't do it. They test Brooker before an important game and he is 5 times over the limit what will they do? Ban him? Fine him?

I'm sure he'll renegotiate a contract after that.

of course they won't do it Rog, Frightened of the results, Rather than them take the P*** out of the players for testing, They'd rather that the players continue to take the P*** out of us, With their behaviour and fitness levels.

Guest MaloneFM

Frankly the clubs attitude to us of late has been poor to downright bloody ignorant.

A shirt we didn't want, a badge we didn't want, a stand we don't want built which won't be filled and which isn't being built now with bricks we didn't buy.

And to top it all players who get drunk and fight-with us-while the club fine them and when we vote for which charity should get the money they have earmarked as wages.

They won't do it. Even to try to claw back a bit of respect. So don't suggest anything. No one is listening.

Why is it when we lose a game you cannot even ask a question without getting your head bitten off!! Its not like I was out to prove you wrong rumbellow, just to ask a question! The club are not the police so you can't apply the same laws to it I'd imagine. Though working for a company that doesn't do random tests I havn't got a clue what the rules would be for an employer to employee.

OK point taken, But, Carefully read robboreds post re-levels of blood alcohol and tell me hand on heart that after a BCFC burberry night out, That they are safe to train let alone drive the next day or possibly even the day after and thats the law of the land.

Guest MaloneFM

Personally I don't know the players or their habits on the night before training (legal disclaimer there) so I cant possibly comment on how much they drink and drive.

However.

If sufficient time hasn't elapsed between the last drinkn and driving to traning the next day (if ever) they would be over the limit for driving. This is a matter for the Police.

If the club introduce alcohol testing at traning it would mean renegotiating all the contracts to include it. Which means talking to agents and employment solicitors.

They won't do it anyway. Read above post regarding Brookers possible ban. And if they won't sort out the catering-they certainly won't do this.

Got to agree with Malone on this one, there is no way the club would actualy introduce this as it would be too much hassell, alot of money would be involved I would imagine.

But I'll tell you what, it would sure as hell give the players a kick up the jacksie! Can you imagine if Peacock was still here and the club was allowed to test? he would probably have rather moved than carried on playing and if the drinking culture is to be ridden then I think it is going to take something drastic like this!

In favour of it 100% as it would really show up the professionals from the pi55 takers!

Got to agree with Malone on this one, there is no way the club would actualy introduce this as it would be too much hassell, alot of money would be involved I would imagine.

But I'll tell you what, it would sure as hell give the players a kick up the jacksie! Can you imagine if Peacock was still here and the club was allowed to test? he would probably have rather moved than carried on playing and if the drinking culture is to be ridden then I think it is going to take something drastic like this!

In favour of it 100% as it would really show up the professionals from the pi55 takers!

I also agree with Malone, I know it won't happen, Dosen't stop it being a morally good idea and more importantly as the question is being asked on SL forum, Let's hear this from the horses mouth.

The cost implication is low, Pubs and clubs have machines that test breath/alcohol content.

If the club introduce alcohol testing at traning it would mean renegotiating all the contracts to include it. Which means talking to agents and employment solicitors.

What makes you so sure that this is not already in City's standard terms of a playing contract? If their lawyers were worth their salt, surely a club would have clauses about alcohol and drug abuse?

:dunno:

Guest MaloneFM

What makes you so sure that this is not already in City's standard terms of a playing contract? If their lawyers were worth their salt, surely a club would have clauses about alcohol and drug abuse?

:dunno:

and if the agents were worth theirs we'd have no one playing for us would we? They have clauses about not riding motorcycles but not concerning drinking.

Archived