IGNORED

To All The Johnson Detractors

tin

I just can't believe what I'm reading on here! Some of you people are unbelievable. Here we are, with a well respected manager who's just completed his fifth, yes FIFTH, league game with us and it seems people are already criticising or questioning whether or not he's good enough just because he's lost a game.

The fact is, Brian Tinnion and Lansdown have set this club back a minimum of three years. What Tinnion did down here in a nutshell was destroy a good team and replace it with ageing journeymen who came for a fat pay day. Anything Johnson can do now is a bonus as his hands are tied until the January window and he certainly can't wave a magic wand to sort this mess out like some of you think! But, I suppose three wins out of five isn't good enough, Tinnion mustered a megre one league win from seven!

Johnson needs our full backing and can't be judged until the end of next season, when he's had time to bring in his own players and a full pre-season with the club. Then, and only then, can people realisticly judge him.

I just can't believe what I'm reading on here! Some of you people are unbelievable. Here we are, with a well respected manager who's just completed his fifth, yes FIFTH, league game with us and it seems people are already criticising or questioning whether or not he's good enough just because he's lost a game.

The fact is, Brian Tinnion and Lansdown have set this club back a minimum of three years. What Tinnion did down here in a nutshell was destroy a good team and replace it with ageing journeymen who came for a fat pay day. Anything Johnson can do now is a bonus as his hands are tied until the January window and he certainly can't wave a magic wand to sort this mess out like some of you think! But, I suppose three wins out of five isn't good enough, Tinnion mustered a megre one league win from seven!

Johnson needs our full backing and can't be judged until the end of next season, when he's had time to bring in his own players and a full pre-season with the club. Then, and only then, can people realisticly judge him.

hear bl00dy hear

Plenty of Tin men on the forum, and they would throw stats at you to say GJ is not doing it.

BCFC last four matches, P4- W1- D0- L3- GF6- GA8. NOT GOOD.

GJ does have a more professional , more communicative personna, I do wonder however if GJ and SL are on a collision course. One or the other will have to give ground between now and the January transfer window.

Re Stewart, it was SL who said he wanted to get Stewart to City , I wonder if GJ shares his enthusiasm. I believe the board room transfer "talks" between now and January will blister the paint, as an almighty power struggle develops.

Inevitably, GJ will want his way, and SL will want to protect his pets.

Excellent post.

I'm not sure what sort of agenda the whingers have, whether they are only happy moaning about things or whether they genuinely don't like GJ.

But it beggars belief only a handful of games into his City career people have already made judgements about him, some of them ridiculously illogical.

Some people obviously enjoy being negative, but there's no point arguing with them because they don't understand the meaning of optimism.

So many of us saw the demise,when BT was appt 24 hours after DW had been sacked.

The months rolled on & we are now finding out what problems have beset us during the BT tenure.

GJ knows the issues & after less than a month is already setting about getting things sorted.

Under BT the club had a very poor drinking culture. And I think a good % of his signing aren't up to the task.

Best post I've read on here for a while, least now I know I'm not the only one who gets a little disheartened by what i read on this forum. Fair play mate!!!!!!!!!

What Tinnion did down here in a nutshell was destroy a good team and replace it with ageing journeymen who came for a fat pay day.

Whilst I am 100% in agreement with the sentiments of getting fully behind Gary Johnson, I find it difficult to accept the above statement regarding Tinnion replacing a good team with ageing journeymen.

I can't remember anyone calling any of his signings "ageing journeymen" when any of them arrived.

On the contrary, I remember everyone on this forum enthusing about the quality we were signing, the number of goals that Stewart and Bridges were going to score, and how good our defence was going to be with Heywood and Partridge.

It's also worth bearing in mind that it was Tinnion who gave first team football to Leroy Lita, Scott Brown, Dave Cotterill, Cole Skuse and Scott Golbourne. All of which can hardly be called ageing journeymen.

Tinnion has gone and we have since moved on, but I wish people would be fair and consistent in their judgements.

Spot on. This room is full of idiots.

We have been in a real mess for years. (On the field, and off).

Give the guy a chance for Christs sake.

Some supporters were willing to give Tinnion more time. :grr:

Well said,GJ needs time to overhaul the team it is a pathetic bunch at present, mostly interested in there pay packets more than the job they are employed to do.

I certainly will not be jumping on his back untill he has got his team in place,then they would have to be doing a bad job.untill then stay off his back give him a chance.

Remember he has inherited this bunch of muppetts from a certain BT.

Archived