IGNORED

One For The Players...

Lordofthebling

I know a lot of the players often come on the forum to have a gander, maybe even some of them are posting!

I just really wanted to say thanks to all the players and staff so far for the effort they have put in since our poor start to the season..

It couldnt have been easy, to lose Murray and gain 3 new signings, but things now seem to be working.

I feel proud to say i am a bristol city fan - and even some people laugh (As i live within a two minute walk of Charltons ground) i still see Bristol City where they are in years to come!

Thought this might make a change to slating the formation or who should play on the right or left!

Keep it up boys - and we will be rewarded in the summer!

This year, i am sure we will be triumphant, and no matter what happens, i will still be behind this team 110%, and remain a red till i die!

Oooaaww, You guuuuyyss!

Fickle or what?

It wasn't so long ago that the players weren't "up for it" or were "a disgrace" according to some forum users and lets not forget the "Wilson out" brigade either.

...and if City lose the next couple of games the same rubbish will be prevelant again.

Fickle or what?

It wasn't so long ago that the players weren't "up for it" or were "a disgrace" according to some forum users and lets not forget the "Wilson out" brigade either.

...and if City lose the next couple of games the same rubbish will be prevelant again.

I've never said City won't go up and I always maintained Wilson should be given until the end of the season before we should consider his future.

Fickle or what?

How is it fickle? It's one person's opinion, it has nothing to do with the opinions of anyone else.

Some of our performances have been a disgrace(Wycombe away, as an example. Colchester away, as another) and people have every right to say so.

Just because the results are now going our way and we are back in the mix, doesn't mean people shouldn't ask questions during parts of the season when things aren't going so well.

Not so long ago, Robbored, you weren't sure about Steve Lansdown. Now, you seem to be happy with him as chairman. I don't know, some people, fickle or what.

I know a lot of the players often come on the forum to have a gander, maybe even some of them are posting!

I just really wanted to say thanks to all the players and staff so far for the effort they have put in since our poor start to the season..

It couldnt have been easy, to lose Murray and gain 3 new signings, but things now seem to be working.

I feel proud to say i am a bristol city fan - and even some people laugh (As i live within a two minute walk of Charltons ground) i still see Bristol City where they are in years to come!

Thought this might make a change to slating the formation or who should play on the right or left!

Keep it up boys - and we will be rewarded in the summer!

This year, i am sure we will be triumphant, and no matter what happens, i will still be behind this team 110%, and remain a red till i die!

Oooaaww, You guuuuyyss!

Nice Post young un! Makes a change to read a

possitive post for a change an givin` the credit

where it be due! We have alway`s said that the

city are goin up this yer and nothin` has changed

our view on that! Nice picture of the Wurzels too :wub:

UP THE CITY!

Not so long ago, Robbored, you weren't sure about Steve Lansdown. Now, you seem to be happy with him as chairman. I don't know, some people, fickle or what.

Very true.

A doubt based on unfamilarity and our experiences of some of the less competant Chairman in the past.

Steve Landsdown has so far proved to be a sound Chairman.His expertise in the world of finance is no doubt of great benefit to the club and he's also innovative in his relation with the fans.His accessablity via this site is a good example of that. He's as open and approachable as he can be given his position.These are qualities that I didn't know he had when he first took over and so I think its perfectly reasonable that my view of him as Chairman should change through experience.

I don't see that as fickle.

I will admit right now that i was one of the Wilson out brigade and i will hold my hands up and say how much we have improved BUT at the time, when some of us were calling for the board to consider Wilson's position, we were playing some of the most boring and unproductive football i had seen in Wilson's time at the gate.

We never looked for a second like a team that could finnish in the top six or play any kind of fluid football. It was never just about results but the kind of football we were playing.

I will also admit that i am still unsure about Wilson and whether we can keep up this good run.

This division is very poor and we have only been doing well in the last six weeks.

For me, NOW is the time for Wilson to prove himself and show what a good manager he can be.

Very true.

A doubt based on unfamilarity and our experiences of some of the less competant Chairman in the past.

Steve Landsdown has so far proved to be a sound Chairman.His expertise in the world of finance is no doubt of great benefit to the club and he's also innovative in his relation with the fans.His accessablity via this site is a good example of that.  He's as open and approachable as he can be given his position.These are qualities that I didn't know he had when he first took over and so I think its perfectly reasonable that my view of him as Chairman should change through experience.

Danny Wilson has so far proved to be an occasionally baffling manager. His team selections and the brand of football he had the team playing at the start of the season had a large number of people questioning whether he was up to the job.

Now we find ourselves back in contention and the manager has finally made changes to his team selection that were screamingly obvious to most, people are more confident that Danny Wilson may get us out of this division and are happier with the commitment levels being shown by the players.

On another point, if we fail to go up, those that have suggested Wilson isn't up to it and should be replaced, will be vindicated and their 'rubbish' (as you call it) will, unfortunately, prove to have been right all along.

Very true.

Steve Landsdown has so far proved to be a sound Chairman.His expertise in the world of finance is no doubt of great benefit to the club and he's also innovative in his relation with the fans.His accessablity via this site is a good example of that.  He's as open and approachable as he can be given his position.These are qualities that I didn't know he had when he first took over and so I think its perfectly reasonable that my view of him as Chairman should change through experience.

So, the Chairman has to prove himself to you before you accept him due, apparently, to your lack of familiarity with him.

Goodfellow has to prove himself to you before he is worthy of kissing the badge on the shirt.

Fans have to live up to your expectations of which matches they should or shouldn't attend otherwise they are tarred as partimers (sic).

Brian Tinnion has to prove his loyalty to you before you will accept that he holds City in a high regard and isn't simply chasing the money.

Fickle? Perhaps not. Downright cynical and mistrusting? You be the judge.

I will admit right now that i was one of the Wilson out brigade and i will hold my hands up and say how much we have improved BUT at the time, when some of us were calling for the board to consider Wilson's position, we were playing some of the most boring and unproductive football i had seen in Wilson's time at the gate.

We never looked for a second like a team that could finnish in the top six or play any kind of fluid football. It was never just about results but the kind of football we were playing.

I will also admit that i am still unsure about Wilson and whether we can keep up this good run.

This division is very poor and we have only been doing well in the last six weeks.

For me, NOW is the time for Wilson to prove himself and show what a good manager he can be.

I was also a member of the Wilson Out crew, and still aint totally convinced. BUT having said that this team has massively improved, and actually look like a promotion chasing side. Perhaps some players did read the forum pages and decided enough was enough, we can do it. Whatever since Xmas they have been confident every game, and while not playing well during games they are still winning. No more abortions like Wycombe (and Colchester) away. DW has decided to pick the right teams, cut down on the baffling substitutions, and given off a positive message, which he wasnt in November

For me (Along with anyone connected with this great club)Promotion is the most important thing for this club- playing big sides, big gates, TV money, no more dumps like Chesterfraud, Colchester, Peterboro, bring on Leeds, West Ham, Wolves etc. We really cant afford to stay in this division much longer

Also the signing of Goodfellow seems to have been the missing link, to complete what should from the start been a top 2 side.

I will only be totally convinced DW is the right man if we dont bottle it before the end of the season. We have in previous years under not just DW, and I dont think we will ever get a better shot at Div 1 than we have this year.

Come on you REEEEEEEEEDS

Danny Wilson has so far proved to be an occasionally baffling manager.

Edson,

That's complete rubbish and you know it. There's nothing "occasional" about it!

For the record (and after seven straight victories, this is as good a time as any to state it), I don't rate Danny Wilson. I've said all along that if we get promotion it will be despite DW not because of him.

The players now believe that we can get automatic promotion. This is because Tinman is playing like a sixteen yr old, Peacock has matured, and our back five are from Bristol. This has nothing to do with DW.

Fickle? :wub:

If our opinions changed as a knee-jerk reaction to every match, then yes.

As it was, my opinion was based on a fairly long run of apathetic and uninspired play. It was clear that given the huge potential of City, DW had failed to get anything near the potential out of team.

And this situation was dragging on for months.

Luckily it's changed. I'd still say that DW hasn't got anywhere near the potential of the team, but it's a marked improvement. And the results speak for themselves, even if it's against (largely) much lesser teams.

If on the other hand I was to unquestioningly be happy with the way things are and never voice dissent, what kind of supporter would I be?

Said it before, but *positive* criticism is a good thing.

Keep it up boys, and Lee M - you're doing fine mate!

Well said, but just remember things are said and written in the heat of the moment.

All of us, have one common thing, we care and Love the super robins.

If we did'nt, we would'nt express our feelings our this forum.

So, the Chairman has to prove himself to you before you accept him due, apparently, to your lack of familiarity with him.

Goodfellow has to prove himself to you before he is worthy of kissing the badge on the shirt.

Absolutely right.

I wish I'd have said it so succinctly... ^_^

Archived