IGNORED

New Law

sbl800

Last week I read a report on a match that was played and apparently a penalty was awarded to one team by the ref.The penalty taker stepped up to take the penalty.On taking the penalty and scoring the ref blew up again. The penalty taker thought infringement from the opposition, maybe an encroachment into the box.He lined the ball up again to retake the penalty but the ref said no. One of YOUR players encroach and so no goal and no penalty retake. Is that correct? Or have I read the report incorrectly! :o

Well i wish it was last night! not that it would of made a massive difference but hey, it would of shut them stupid Chesterfeild fans up that ran the length of the pitch to taunt us after thinking they had scored a penalty.

obviously you don't know the answer to my query :crying:

:rofl2br:

yeah that was absolutely quality after seeing that rather dissapointing display that really made my night

no correct answer here then!!!!!!!! :o

Last week I read a report on a match that was played and apparently a penalty was awarded to one team by the ref.The penalty taker stepped up to take the penalty.On taking the penalty and scoring the ref blew up again. The penalty taker thought infringement from the opposition, maybe an encroachment into the box.He lined the ball up again to retake the penalty but the ref said no. One of YOUR players encroach and so no goal and no penalty retake. Is that correct? Or have I read the report incorrectly! :o

That is correct. And has been for a long time. If he had missed his penalty...

Usually, encroachments or infringements are committed by the defending team, and in that case the penalty is usually retaken. I think the reason you find it strange is because it's not something we often see, and a gooid ref will make sure that the attacking team are all behind the ball before the kick is taken.

I have double checked with my SFA rule book from a couple of years ago and with the FA website, as I would have hated to be wrong on this one!!! :) Law 14 states thus:

A team-mate of the player taking the kick enters into the penalty area or moves in front of or within 9.15m (10yds) of the penalty mark:

the referee allows the kick to proceed

if the ball enters the goal, the kick is retaken

If the ball does not enter the goal, the referee stops play and restarts the match with an indirect free kick to the defending team.

If the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper, the crossbar or the goal post and is touched by this player, the referee stops play and restarts the match with an indirect free kick to the defending team

A team-mate of the goalkeeper enters into the penalty area or moves in front of or within 9.15m (10yds) of the penalty mark:

if the ball enters the goal, a goal is awarded

if the ball does not enter the goal, the kick is retaken

A player of both the defending team and the attacking team infringe the Laws of the Game:

the kick is retaken

Hope that answers your question!

There has been a rule change but no one seems to be aware of it.

If a player from the side taking the penalty encroaches, the referee should now award an indirect free kick to the defending team.

There was a report in the paper on Monday night of a game involving Almondsbury where this happened.

http://www.epost.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nod...tentPK=13368641

That is correct. And has been for a long time. If he had missed his penalty...

Usually, encroachments or infringements are committed by the defending team, and in that case the penalty is usually retaken. I think the reason you find it strange is because it's not something we often see, and a gooid ref will make sure that the attacking team are all behind the ball before the kick is taken.

I have double checked with my SFA rule book from a couple of years ago and with the FA website, as I would have hated to be wrong on this one!!! :) Law 14 states thus:

A team-mate of the player taking the kick enters into the penalty area or moves in front of or within 9.15m (10yds) of the penalty mark:

if the ball enters the goal, the kick is retaken

If the ball does not enter the goal, the referee stops play and restarts the match with an indirect free kick to the defending team.

If the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper, the crossbar or the goal post and is touched by this player, the referee stops play and restarts the match with an indirect free kick to the defending team

A team-mate of the goalkeeper enters into the penalty area or moves in front of or within 9.15m (10yds) of the penalty mark:

if the ball enters the goal, a goal is awarded

if the ball does not enter the goal, the kick is retaken

A player of both the defending team and the attacking team infringe the Laws of the Game:

the kick is retaken

Hope that answers your question!

Yes thank you very much for the info...............

Surely the kick should have been retaken then? As the guy scored?

Go on complicate things! :dunno:

Yes thank you very much for the info...............

Go on complicate things! :dunno:

Anyway Nailsea red you should be at work :dance:

Archived