IGNORED

Jack White

cider head

jack white: Constructive center half jack white skippered Bristol city to the third division (south) title in 1954/55 when he was ever-present. A former miner, he played for Broadworth main and Frickley Colliery before turning professional with Aldershot in july 1944. Pat Beasley paid a record £5,300 for him in october 1952 and he dis-placed long serving Dennis roberts in the heart of citys defence along side Ernie peacock. He scored 11 goals in 216 league outings prior to joining Cambridge city as player manager for three years in April 1958, then went on to manage Wellington town. Subsequently a service engineer for Harry dolman's firm based in Tonbridge, then for Tonbridge Printers. he returned to Doncaster in 1978 and was a labourer at Thorpe marsh power station untill retiring in March 1989. Now living in Tonbridge (at time of book going to press) his younger brother Len was a goal scoring hero at Newcastle united

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

3rd division championship team, jack white is center seated.

IPB Image

Not many players over the years deserve the title "legend".

It's good that he's making the effort to come down from Essesx, where he currently lives. By all accounts he's chuffed to bits to be asked and proud of his playing days at the City.

I for one will be delighted to shake his hand on the 28th.

I was 11 that year and watched every home game......thanks to my late father.

Its a wonderful thing seeing my childhood heros in a picture again. It is now my screensaver, thankyou very much for a most welcome thread, after all the niggly ones.

City will rise again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was 11 that year and watched every home game......thanks to my late father.

Its a wonderful thing seeing my childhood heros in a picture again. It is now my screensaver, thankyou very much for a most welcome thread, after all the niggly ones.

City will rise again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no problem sir ;)

Not many players over the years deserve the title "legend".

It's good that he's making the effort to come down from Essesx, where he currently lives. By all accounts he's chuffed to bits to be asked and proud of his playing days at the City.

I for one will be delighted to shake his hand on the 28th.

Indeed! "Chalky" was delighted to be invited and said on more than one occasion how disappointed he was when he left the city. 100%er. Don't see many of those around now do we?

Archived