IGNORED

Tinnion

rockin-robin

When will people stop blaming Tinnion for the mess that we are currently in?

Yeah, perhaps Tinnion was not respected by the senior players and that the football was damn awful most of the time under his management, we did in fact finish last season only a point off the play-offs. In conjunction, we as Fans seem to forget the years of service as a player Tinnion gave us, and is in my eyes, the player that BCFC badly lack at the moment - someone who can cut open teams with a single pass and who will run his heart out no matter the score. Lets also not forget that before him, an experienced manager in Danny Wilson took time and money to only reach a play-off final that culminated in us losing to a dire Brighton side by a solitary penalty kick - also, to this day I am yet to meet a BCFC fan who dosen't think that Wilson's team selections on that day were mind boggling and backwards.

So...yeah...things are pretty bad at the moment, but supporting BCFC is always going to be full of peaks and troughs, and I am sure that with time GJ will undoubtdly turn things around for us. GJ will only succeed if he has the full backing of the supporters - something Tinnion never really had for all his honest efforts?

Guest MaloneFM

I don't blame him at all.

I tend to blame the backstabbing wasters in the red shirts who are now being found out one by one by Ray Winstone.

This does NOT include flappy who has been a one man defence on more than one occasion.

Guest ciderred77

I'd like to but can't.

He's left a squad that is much weaker than the one he inherited.

No recognised left back with any experience, no bite in midfield, sold all the flair players, no stikers that look like scoring and half the squad that should be playing youth and reserve team football not in a team trying to get promoted.

Totally agree.

I think he tried to tackle the drinking culture who's members never accepted him from day one (all those years ago) because it's cool to drink too much down town and if you try to stay fit and pfofessional it makes you boring.

If only we had ten outfield players with Tinnions integrity at the moment eh?

I wonder what Doherty, Coles, Partridge, Ore etc would have made of John Atyeo and who would most people on this forum have supported?

I hope that one day they would realise that sacrifice is as important as talent when you come to choose your heroes.

Brian Tinnion, has his benefit year, his benefit match, is lauded by the faithful fans for his long service, earns some coaching badges and then ???

No mountain too high, no challenge too great, his ego is at its peak. Tins believed at that point in time he was bulletproof, ready for the next horizon.

Unfortunately a manager is not a player, an entirely different horizon, different qualifications needed, all well documented in this forum. He did not have it then, not now, nor will he in the future, his personna is never going to equate to people skills.

His fitness and dedication to playing in our 3rd division team is never in question, but for him its time to move on to anything but management involving people.

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg

Tinman did a fantastic job as manager seeing as he had to start from stratch, all the players of the DW era had left. He was building his own team, and then wallop - 7-1 loss.

He puts his club before himself by stepping down and now everybodies having a pop at him, WTF?

Totally agree.

I think he tried to tackle the drinking culture who's members never accepted him from day one (all those years ago) because it's cool to drink too much down town and if you try to stay fit and pfofessional it makes you boring.

If only we had ten outfield players with Tinnions integrity at the moment eh?

I wonder what Doherty, Coles, Partridge, Ore etc would have made of John Atyeo and who would most people on this forum have supported?

I hope that one day they would realise that sacrifice is as important as talent when you come to choose your heroes.

if it takes players that drink to win football matches, then let that lager flow. as for atyeo and the like, i think they used to eat greasy breakfast and if you didnt get drunk after a home game there was sumut wrong with you, wake up people, he was terrible for this club as manager and mr lansdown will make the correct appointment one day, lets hope its been made allready, we shall see.

For those of you with short memories, after Citys bad start to the first season under Tinnion, he was constantly saying, "Judge me when I've got my own team". Well, Danny left Tinnion with a far better squad than Tinnion has left Johnson. Tinnion ripped apart a side that had narrowly failed to get promotion and replaced it with what we've got. An average squad packed with under achievers. Johnson is obviously very astute in the transfer market (Sankofa is one of the best loan signings we've ever had, apart from Cole & Robins) and I think in January we will see some wholesale changes. We won't go up this season, survival has to be the key. Who would've thought we'd be saying that back in July? Sorry Brian, your spell as manager was a disaster.

Archived