IGNORED

Lansdown On The Radio

Tony Pentland

Guest MaloneFM

Its not going well but it will get better, we have got the right man in place now, we are right, you are wrong, shut up and give us more money suckers.

And I never even heard it.

also made a lot of the injury situation, Tinnion turned out to be the "expensive" option,

wait till Russell gets fit, only by sticking together can we turn it round etc etc , every confidence Gary is the right man to turn it around, already drawing up a list of player targets for the Jan window and also the close season (presumably there must be 3 lists ? depending on which division we end up in !!), best he could say about Tinnion was that he got the squad size down.

Quite a few happy clapper callers at the end telling SL how wonderful he is & thanking him,etc - presumably no other callers with anything interesting to say were waiting so Goeff had to "fill" the last 10 minutes with these grovelling sycophants !!

Guest ashtonyate

Hi

can any of you kind people give me the jist of what was said as i was at footie training and missed it

Thanks in adance

Tony :city:

have you been down the pub then

Tinnion turned out to be the "expensive" option,

Lansdowns rhetoric bamboozled me on that one.

Q. Was Tinnion the cheap option?

A. Would have been if he had succeeded, but by failing was the expensive option.

I understand what he's saying but at the same time he's saying nothing! Think about it.

His answer decoded: I admit, I tried to go for the cheap option but it was a balls-up and now the club have had to fork even more money than we were initially too tight to reach in our pockets for.

Guest filtonred

Get off the mans back, with out his money we might not have a team to support, he also said that the club were always looking for new members of the board, if anybody on here can do a better job why not apply.

Get off the mans back, with out his money we might not have a team to support, he also said that the club were always looking for new members of the board, if anybody on here can do a better job why not apply.

I'm not going to ignore the truth for the sake of it mate.

I praise him for bringing Johnson and Wilson to the club. I criticise him for bringing Pulis and Tinnion to the club.

That's fairness. And if I ever have a fortune I promise you Filtonred that I'll have a go myself.

Guest filtonred

I'm not going to ignore the truth for the sake of it mate.

I praise him for bringing Johnson and Wilson to the club. I criticise him for bringing Pulis and Tinnion to the club.

That's fairness. And if I ever have a fortune I promise you Filtonred that I'll have a go myself.

Thats fair enough and I must say I agree with you, if I win the lottery tomorrow I'll have a go as well

Guest filtonred

I don't believe people on here, so called supporters who have followed City for 1 or 2 years think they know what its like to go through rough times. I've supported City since I was born in 1955 and things have been much worse than this, we came within minutes of oblivion in 1982.

I am going to sign off now and wont be posting again until people get real, today you even wanted to sack GJ.

GROW UP

I don't believe people on here, so called supporters who have followed City for 1 or 2 years think they know what its like to go through rough times. I've supported City since I was born in 1955 and things have been much worse than this, we came within minutes of oblivion in 1982.

I am going to sign off now and wont be posting again until people get real, today you even wanted to sack GJ.

GROW UP

I presume you've signed off then but I'll reply anyway.

In 1982, I was too young to know anything about it, but I'm fully aware of how important those times were. It must have been terrible for fans to see that slide that nearly led to oblivion. It must also have been reassuring to see the club resuscitated.

So our crisis right now is nothing really. In a way it's probably helping us realise that we're not the Premiership club in waiting that we've pretended we are. After a bit of rebuilding I'm sure those sort of pipe dreams'll return though!

Guest Stafford

I find it rather bewildering when 'posters' say that if it wasn't for Steve Lansdown's money then City would be bankrupt. If Steve did pull out, presumably his shareholding would be bought by another investor who would simply reciprocate Steve's generosity? There is another answer of course - a share issue. If 10 000

City fans each put in £500 (on average) that would be a £5m injection of cash. Whenever fans have suggested such a share issue, the answer has been negative .... maybe because with ownership goes rights.

I find it rather bewildering when 'posters' say that if it wasn't for Steve Lansdown's money then City would be bankrupt. If Steve did pull out, presumably his shareholding would be bought by another investor who would simply reciprocate Steve's generosity?

Yeh it's a non-argument isn't it, usually backed up by zero logic.

Stafford/Mozo you must have missed out on economics classes. Just because there is a seller does not automatically mean there is a buyer. I have not noticed a queue of people chasing SL to offer him money to buy into the club- have you? also all very well talking about fans putting in £500 well in recent years they have had their chance on two occasions 1996 when I am pleased to say I sold some Man Utd shares I had been given and bought shares in the club and in the subsequent, more recent rights issue which was undersubscribed as I recall.

If SL chose to walk away we would be in very dire straights - unless you know of a keen investor the rest of the world is unaware of. :grr::grr::grr:

I find it rather bewildering when 'posters' say that if it wasn't for Steve Lansdown's money then City would be bankrupt. If Steve did pull out, presumably his shareholding would be bought by another investor who would simply reciprocate Steve's generosity? There is another answer of course - a share issue. If 10 000

City fans each put in £500 (on average) that would be a £5m injection of cash. Whenever fans have suggested such a share issue, the answer has been negative .... maybe because with ownership goes rights.

What we really need is an organised fans movement that pools resources and shares, talks with one voice and seeks representation on the board. Now, what could that be............. :whistle:

Guest bristolbred

Get off the mans back, without his money we might not have a team to support, he also said that the club were always looking for new members of the board, if anybody on here can do a better job why not apply.

So you think that without him we would fold;

As opposed to this Club isn't good enough to attract "other" investors??

:farmer::farmer::city:

The Club have been and continue to be willing to make new shares available. At the last time of asking for money for new shares, considerably fewer than 10,000 fans subscribed.

It is not safe to presume that his shareholding would be bought by another investor. Neither is it safe to presume that the new investor would be willing to repay the loans SL has made that are secured against the ground (or at least they were in the last accounts).

Back to the original post, SL also announced that the accounts that are about to be issued show a £1.97M loss for the 12 months to 31/5/05 (this should make our total debts about £8.5M).

He also announced that Ashton Gate is now being run as a separate profit centre to the football club. Personally I'd like to know a bit more about what this means.

8.5 million in the poo?

How the ###### is it with consistenly the top 3 or so attendances in the division we are this much in debt.

The obvious answer i suppose we are paying our underachievers filthy sums of money to (Am I naughty or what!) against the wall.

Hands up who wants to earn £20000 for about 15 hours of work next month.

So you think that without him we would fold;

As opposed to this Club isn't good enough to attract "other" investors??

:farmer::farmer::city:

Only the top few clubs make money. Investors do not invest in anything outside the top tier of football clubs unless it's in the form of lending them money at extortionate interest.

The question that anyone who thinks Lansdown should go needs to answer is, name the person who will come in and give us the money we'll need.

Nibor

Stafford/Mozo you must have missed out on economics classes. Just because there is a seller does not automatically mean there is a buyer. I have not noticed a queue of people chasing SL to offer him money to buy into the club- have you? also all very well talking about fans putting in £500 well in recent years they have had their chance on two occasions 1996 when I am pleased to say I sold some Man Utd shares I had been given and bought shares in the club and in the subsequent, more recent rights issue which was undersubscribed as I recall.

If SL chose to walk away we would be in very dire straights - unless you know of a keen investor the rest of the world is unaware of. :grr::grr::grr:

If Lansdown walked, there's every chance a buyer would come forward, but it's all speculation and I don't expect him to walk.

My points on a few threads have not been that I don't appreciate his investment. I do.

But it doesn't earn him the luxury of not being criticised for bad decision making. Particularly when his decisions have a negative affect on a football club that we've spent our money on for many years.

Criticism should be justified and can be productive. "Without him we wouldn't have a club" is pointlessly used as a counter argument all too often. That's missing the point.

There's a difference between criticising and wanting them out. I want better decision making not different decision makers.

Guest bristolbred

Just Listening to Last Nights "Chat" on Twentyman;

The Chairman is squirming with the "Judge me on Tinnion!" statement!!.

The fans have taken it ALL out of Context!!.

So don't judge him on Johnson!!

Or he'll get annoyed and throw the baby out with the bathwater!!.

:farmer::city::farmer:

Archived