IGNORED

Waster Watch

Keepers Ball

Beleive me the 1970s squad that kept us in what is now the prem weren't averse to it.

That was then and this is now ... what you're really saying is that the attitude of the social leaders * in our squad is 30 years out of date!

* Not to be confused with football leaders, of which we have none.

[

So if you see them down town acting the big i am after a p1ss poor performance let them know what you think of them.

That my friend is how the fighting starts, and if it did, you'd probably be the first to come on here condemning them.

Stating your opinion doesnt have to lead to a physical confrontation, though i do take your point on board.

The way i see it though, is that if the players were not treated like Gods when they are seen out by fans then maybe the players would stop thinking that they are.

As it stands at the moment, they play with no passion and don't care because they think that everyone will still love them that night. Well maybe if they knew that they will kop some crap for a p1ss poor display, they might actually try and then i have no issue about the fans loving them.

For some reason i don't think players in other major cities like Newcastle would get off as easy with their fans.

Guest Vodared

I have rules that I have to abide by and agreed to when I took my job. Our players should also remember that when they chose their careers. After 35 they can drink for the rest of their lives every day if they want. But right now that should be the last thing on their minds.

I cant believe that this is going on with excuse after excuse.

Very very poor.

:grr:

I have rules that I have to abide by and agreed to when I took my job. Our players should also remember that when they chose their careers. After 35 they can drink for the rest of their lives every day if they want. But right now that should be the last thing on their minds.

I cant believe that this is going on with excuse after excuse.

Very very poor.

:grr:

I do to, and I take great pride in my work, and hope that I do it well. BUT, when I go out for a few beers at the end of the week, the last thing I need is some guy who I don't even know, interupting my night telling me how cr@p I am at what I do, and that he is not happy with me. As I said, that is how the trouble starts.

Guest Vodared

I do to, and I take great pride in my work, and hope that I do it well. BUT, when I go out for a few beers at the end of the week, the last thing I need is some guy who I don't even know, interupting my night telling me how cr@p I am at what I do, and that he is not happy with me. As I said, that is how the trouble starts.

funny though that they don't mind hearing how good they are when times are good. If they cant deal with it "stay in" you never know, if they do, they might have the energy to play football !!!

Guest MaloneFM

....but in the meantime lets still call him "Flappy" :yawn:

Sorry but wasn't I just doing that? Did you miss it? I can do it again if you want....and again and again and again

Sorry but wasn't I just doing that? Did you miss it? I can do it again if you want....and again and again and again

He is suggesting that as you are sticking up for Phillips and you are one of his fans, then perhaps you shouldnt be using a derogatory nick name like Flappy. I think.

:dunno:

Guest ashtonyate

Three-nil home drubbing ontop of an away drubbing by the same score.

But hey as long as theyre taking home the pay via their Mercs,Beemers and 4X4's.

In fact one or five may even decide to go into town tonight :angry:

This is where some of you come in.Some of you may go in to town tonight after a weeks hard slog in the office,workshop or warehouse....and boy you deserve it.One of lifes few little pleasures.

You might bump into one of those overpaid muppets whilst your there.Whether they deserve to be there in the same place as you is another matter.

In fact in my eyes they don't.They don't deserve to rub shoulders with you in that bar.You earned your free-time this week.They have'nt.After all you and I are'nt blessed or good enough to be footballers like them and be in their "little elite" so why should they be in yours ? They did'nt earn their night out like you.

So tonight if you happen to bump into one of these wasters, let them know.

I don't mean get nasty,or start shouting or point aggressive gestures in their direction.After all, its your night out.Why should it get ruined by a bouncer,copper or black eye ?

Be calm,polite and quietly ask "Hard graff at the office this week" ?

So its all right for you to go out and have a few Beers but not the players, off course they should let there hair down.Just because their work is not going right at the moment they need to relax too. I wonder what you would do if you boss said to you this weeks work was crap your not allowd out this week end???

So its all right for you to go out and have a few Beers but not the players, off course they should let there hair down.Just because their work is not going right at the moment they need to relax too. I wonder what you would do if you boss said to you this weeks work was crap your not allowd out this week end???

I'd tell him to sod off, but then again my job does not depend on my being at the peak of physical fitness (good job considering :laugh: ). The age when footballers were ordinary men that simply happened to play football in public are gone. Nowadays players have to be athletes in order to compete at the highest level. This means not abusing your body with poisons like alcohol or tobacco, or at least using a modicum of moderation when choosing to partake in the above.

Given the amount of money they earn, and the amount of time they actually have to work, it is not an unreasonable request that they consider their physical health above their enjoyment. A footballer's career is not a long one, and they can get drunk as often as they like when they've retired.

But in the meantime, the people who pay their wages - us, the fans - deserve to see the best possible, and this can only be achieved with a high degree of abstinence from toxins like alcohol.

anyone who defends the players right to go out on the lash (heavy drinking) during a season is clearly insane. football these days is (well everywhere else in the country anyway) a highly professional game where any slight advantage you can gain over the opposition can make all the difference. hence the fact that if a player drinks a significant amount during the season he will not be at his optimimum and his opposite number may get the edge on him because of it. if 6 or 7 of your players lose their physical battles on the pitch you have had it (unless you are amazingly technically gifted in which case you will rise above it - none of our players are this good!!!!!).

question to those of you defending the players. how many of the southend players do you think go beserk on the hit and miss of weekend, between august and may?? there is a massive difference in attitudes towards drink anyway. 3 or 4 beers at a nice restaurant, enjoying a quiet meal with the missus is different from 12 pints down the waterfront finishing up with a kebab. this sort of apathy is what is killing our beloved club. i don't care if we go down as long as GJ gets these people out of our club. we will come back bigger and better for it. :city:

anyone who defends the players right to go out on the lash (heavy drinking) during a season is clearly insane. football these days is (well everywhere else in the country anyway) a highly professional game where any slight advantage you can gain over the opposition can make all the difference. hence the fact that if a player drinks a significant amount during the season he will not be at his optimimum and his opposite number may get the edge on him because of it. if 6 or 7 of your players lose their physical battles on the pitch you have had it (unless you are amazingly technically gifted in which case you will rise above it - none of our players are this good!!!!!).

question to those of you defending the players. how many of the southend players do you think go beserk on the hit and miss of weekend, between august and may?? there is a massive difference in attitudes towards drink anyway. 3 or 4 beers at a nice restaurant, enjoying a quiet meal with the missus is different from 12 pints down the waterfront finishing up with a kebab. this sort of apathy is what is killing our beloved club. i don't care if we go down as long as GJ gets these people out of our club. we will come back bigger and better for it. :city:

Excellent post milo1111, as you have correctly stated - none of our current players are gifted enough to get away with drinking and clubbing. The last player we had that could go out on the Town the night before a game and still produce the goods was Jacki Dziekanoski - he was a gifted Polish international. There is no one currently at BCFC that's anywhere near Jacki's ability.

Another one...Skippy.

He was outside after having had a colossal ballocking from Johnson playing with his nipper and signing autographs.

Everyone else...including Stewart slunked out of the place mumbling.

what there was actually people left at the end getting autographs are u having a laugh,have these people got lives

Guest MaloneFM

Be calm,polite

Now calling a chap ignorant isn't very polite is it? He's always been Flappy and he always will. Just as Keith Welch was Elvis and Allison was and is the Chief.

When the Wayner is on the telly and the commentator says 'great effort by the cheif' do you go 'GGRRRR LET'S KEEP CALLING HIM THE CHIEF SHALL WE...HIS NAME IS WAYNE'

:@

I still support the bloke even if I refer to him as Hitler. Breathe son, breathe!

Oh and yes they were people outside getting autographs as I walked by and the cut is under Stewarts left eye. And Louis Carey seems to have his own little fanclub that meet by his car after the game to tell him how great he is.

I'd tell him to sod off, but then again my job does not depend on my being at the peak of physical fitness (good job considering :laugh: ). The age when footballers were ordinary men that simply happened to play football in public are gone. Nowadays players have to be athletes in order to compete at the highest level. This means not abusing your body with poisons like alcohol or tobacco, or at least using a modicum of moderation when choosing to partake in the above.

Given the amount of money they earn, and the amount of time they actually have to work, it is not an unreasonable request that they consider their physical health above their enjoyment. A footballer's career is not a long one, and they can get drunk as often as they like when they've retired.

But in the meantime, the people who pay their wages - us, the fans - deserve to see the best possible, and this can only be achieved with a high degree of abstinence from toxins like alcohol.

Well how do you explain the steady stream of prem players who seem to live it up every weekend with their mates Dom Perignon, Bolivian Charlie and a nice bit of roast - and still win things ?

Well how do you explain the steady stream of prem players who seem to live it up every weekend with their mates Dom Perignon, Bolivian Charlie and a nice bit of roast - and still win things ?

Because when they're not out doing those things, they work their bollcocks off to sweat out the toxins. I don't see our boys doing that, do you?

They don't though do they - the ones you are talking about are losers.

Archived