IGNORED

To Those That Stayed

One Team

I, along with 7,000 so others, stayed right until the end this afternoon.

For the first time this season, amid the gloom of a 0 - 3 home defeat and the realisation of the situation we're in, I felt proud to be a City fan.

Some old guy in the D block of the Atyeo stood, on his own, and got the rest of the stand chanting "Come on you Reds".

The H block of the Atyeo sang "City 'til I die" right up until the final whistle.

We all know what the problems are.

I think we also know that Johnson IS the right man to get our club back on track.

They'll be more downs before ups in this depressing season - but today, this afternoon, I actually saw some positives from the those that stayed around me.

Whilst some of the players aren't up for it - many of the fans are. And from what Johnson said post match, he's aware of that too.

Roll on January!

One Team

For the first time this season, amid the gloom of a 0 - 3 home defeat and the realisation of the situation we're in, I felt proud to be a City fan.

Some old guy in the D block of the Atyeo stood, on his own, and got the rest of the stand chanting "Come on you Reds".

The H block of the Atyeo sang "City 'til I die" right up until the final whistle.

I think we also know that Johnson IS the right man to get our club back on track.

They'll be more downs before ups in this depressing season - but today, this afternoon, I actually saw some positives from the those that stayed around me.

Whilst some of the players aren't up for it - many of the fans are. And from what Johnson said post match, he's aware of that too.

Roll on January!

One Team

How about more of this support the next home game, and the next, and the next....

It's good to see a positive post after a home defeat. Times are hard at the moment and Gary Johnson has a big job in front of him. But he is a man capable of handling both the job and the wasters in the squad as City fans we have to be up for the times ahead especially the hard times like today. It's good to hear that people kept singing to the end after all it is the club we support and the players are only transient (and the sooner one or two leave the better!) GJ will sort out the mess in the club with or without the fans but it must give him more satisfaction knowing the fans are 100% behind him.

Good post.

I stayed until the end.

What was most depressing bout today is the lack of fight in the team. How many yellow cards did the midfield get?

No fight in the middle of the pitch is a major problem. I would expect the most basic of football requirements i.e. to compete and battle to be evident but with this team as so many in recent times we are a soft touch and everyone else knows it.

Gary Johnson to his eternal credit said as much in his interview tonight. He has read the riot act and some didn't like it.....TOUGH!

I also got the impression that Steve Phillips is not as fire proof as many thought.

Roll on January!

One Team

I think it has taken this to realise to some that we don't have a god given right to be top!

GOOD WORK RED ARMY

lets all keep plugging away good times and bad times!!

GJ till i die

I stayed until the end to clap the players and to see the look on their faces. I really feel for the youngsters out there. They are really suffering. I also clapped off the southend team. They showed how to get out of this league. Working hard as a team something that Luton shwed last season. I'm certain that they will be there or there abouts come the end of the season with performances like today.

This post has cheered me up big time. I've been stuck in Reading because I'm at university and so I haven't been able to get to any games (I'll be at Swindon v City though), and when I left to go to uni at the end of September, the gap between the club and the fans could not have been wider, and I can remember thinking that that was one of the things which was effecting our form. Finally, it sounds as if things are starting to change, which is vital if we are to get our season back on track.

WOW! You certainly are all real city fans!!!

Not like the me who is committd to the club by paying way over the odds to get in and watch what was an embarrassing performance, before realising that after the third i'd rather get back to the pub and a have pint then stay and watch c**p.

Seriously boys, you can gloat all you want about your commitment by staying and i hope it makes you feel a lot better. Those in the real world know we're just as committed, but aren't going to be taken for a ride by a team with no fight or commitment. Sorry, i'll stay if city fight to the death, but i won't be made a fool of by the bunch of wasters who played yesterday.

If you all think you're super committed and that those who left aren't, then drop me a PM and i'll introuce to people on Saturday who have gone home and away for 25-30 years, consistantly, no matter what the league or standard of football but have got no bones about walking out early if the team do't deserve their support.

You can tell them to their faces how much more you obviously all love club.

Idiots.

WOW! You certainly are all real city fans!!!

Not like the me who is committd to the club by paying way over the odds to get in and watch what was an embarrassing performance, before realising that after the third i'd rather get back to the pub and a have pint then stay and watch c**p.

Idiots.

Okay i'm going to respond to that nonsense because you're insulting me without a good reason to.

I DID NOT say that I was a better fan than you, DID I?

BUT...If you ask me what I'm more impressed by:

A) Fans who leave the game early because they are angry, or

B) Angry fans who stay till the end and make the most of it (ie singing)

...well I'm more impressed by B.

To be quite honest I don't give a monkeys whether other fans stay or leave - I certainly didn't criticise those who did leave early, did I.

Who are you to call anyone an idiot by the way?

As I type, Newcastle have just scored their third and fans are streaming out of the Hawthorns. Yesterday, the same happened at The Stadium of light. When asked about this, Mick McCarthy simply said, "I don't blame them, I'd have done the same". Let's not get too down on City fans, frankly we've had to endure far worse than this, without even the euphoria of a promotion to the Prem in between.

I left just before the whistle yesterday. Like the previous poster I was angry about the capitulation and to be honest was thinking that the M4 would provide some welcome relief (now, that says it all). I'll be back next week for the cup game though and thereby is the problem. I just can't help myself and that is what the club relies on.

We could boycott, we could return our season tickets via the stewards, we could refuse to purchase merchandise or we could collect our thoughts and unite behind the club with one voice. I've chosen the latter option starting again next week. Your call of course if you choose any of the other options, in the words of Mick McCarthy "I don't blame you".

• Admin

As I type, Newcastle have just scored their third and fans are streaming out of the Hawthorns.

That to me is a strange reaction, whilst I can fully empathise with the Albion fans, as football fans they were watching the current and ex, first choice England strikers in action - not nice when they are notching against your team, but as a football fan I could still appreciate their quality. I can think back to '92 when West Ham thrashed us 5-1, it was painful, but I stayed to the end and in a perverse way enjoyed the fantastic football that the Hammers played that day.

I showed the chairman, board, the manager and the work shy overpaid pisssheads exactly how I feel about the situation by not turning up for any games for nearly two months.

I hope I come in for some praise too, fans like me who stay away from games deserve a mention, without the likes of me who refuse to pay well over the top prices for 3rd rate rubbish can only help change the thinking of those at the club.

If I stay away long enough with the other missing fans, the overpaid wasters will be shifted out promptly because the club wont be able to afford to pay them.

But remember, it is putting money into the club that keeps it alive. I hated the match yesterday, spent more of it talking to people than I did watching it. But I'll be there next saturday, I don't think of myself "above" anyone as a City fan as I've only been down there 2 years, but I think that when the team needs support & money more than ever, the fans should answer the call, there are players who have the wrong attitude but then they are not Bristol City FC, the team we support.

But remember, it is putting money into the club that keeps it alive. I hated the match yesterday, spent more of it talking to people than I did watching it. But I'll be there next saturday, I don't think of myself "above" anyone as a City fan as I've only been down there 2 years, but I think that when the team needs support & money more than ever, the fans should answer the call, there are players who have the wrong attitude but then they are not Bristol City FC, the team we support.

So if it folds as far as I'm concerned it folds, it won't be my decisions that have got this club millions into debt, I have turned up week after week, season after season and watched mainly drivel and paid good money for that priveledge.

Decisions about how my money and your money is spent are out of our hands, bad decisions in the transfer market, bad decisions appointing managers, awful cheap and nasty merchandising at top dollar prices, selling off the best players for pittance and replacing them with lower standard players, crapping on loyal long suffering fans in G block for no other reason than they make a bit of noise.

So if you want my take on things of 20 odd years of my support here it is;

I honestly really don't give a stuff if I don't go to another game this season, and I will spend my entrance fee on me for a change. :chant6ez:

Put it this way;

If everyone who says "I wont vote Lib Dem cause they won't win, and 1 vote doesn't make a difference" voted for them, they would be in Number 10.

You saying "1 man doesn't make a difference" - Don't you think the 1,000 people leaving before full time, and the dwindling crowds (which will presumably dwindle to under 9,000 next week) will make a difference? You are a part of that, so you make a difference.

I honestly really don't give a stuff if I don't go to another game this season, and I will spend my entrance fee on me for a change. :chant6ez:

We're all our own person and people who stay away like yourself are free to make that decision. The same goes for leaving early, nothing to be ashamed of, just your personal reaction.

But I have been insulted by people on here for being open about the fact that I'm impressed by the people that make the most of it. It's something that appeals to me and I don't apologise for it, particularly when I haven't had a go at others in the first place.

Even when we're this bad I find it hard to miss athing, simply because I want to know exactly what is going wrong, who is or isn't performing etc.

I'm going to enjoy next Saturday and if that annoys anyone on here then that's tough.

Roll on January!

One Team

why roll on January? The players are at the club to get us out of this mess! by the time January comes around you have to make sure you have the right players, then they have to gel. Glad staying to the final whistle chanting made you feel good! done that myself in the past it went on deaf ears! lets see you do it for the full 90 minutes in next couple of home games.

Life is all about the choices we make.

I make a choice where I spend my money, and what I do on a Saturday aftternoon, lining the players pockets for their next night out isn't something I'm feeling like doing at the moment.

Tell me, would your employer continue to pay you if you were as half arsed as these, would he like you involved in punch ups in nightclubs where you miss work because you are recovering in hospital.

Isolated incidents they are not, you heard about this one because of the arrests, there are many more that have gone on and have been hushed up.

This is about one man making a difference, my bank balance will be about £600 better off this season because of my choice. It's supply and demand you see, you give the public something they want and they don't neccesarily think about the money side of things, a bad product on show and you lower the interest of the public.

I've seen worse football at the gate, I had more money in my pocket and a lot more patience back then.

we are all in this together whether we stay or go

it is your choice.

we will not leave early at any game city plays.

we support this team or not.there is no two ways

about it.we take the bad times knowing that the good

times will be brilliant.we can say we were there through

thick and thin and that is what supporting any club

is all about.

all the ups and downs is all part of it and we would

not want it any other way.

come on you reds.we are behind you and GJ 110%

:city::city::city::city::city::city::city::city::city::city:

Archived