IGNORED

Johnson Cannot Be Blamed

KingswoodRed

.......and was allowed to by a chairman who was (in my opinion) too slow to sack him on the basis of his disasterous quote 'judge me on Tinnion' .

My heart bleeds to think of what Tinnion has done to this club.

He single handedly tore away at a side that had taken 3 years to build, and was (again in my opinion) so close be being the finished article.

Why?

Because it was Danny Wilsons' side, and he wanted nothing to do with the ones who would not, or did not agree (imo) with the way he took over.

If there is anyone to blame for this terrible run, and for the complete descension in to oblivion, both on, and off the field, it is the man who has now washed his hands of the club he so called 'loved'.

I only hope that Gary Johnson is given the time to rebuild a side HE can say is his, and not full of beer guzzling, street fighting, prima donna wasters.

3rd Division?

You're 'aving a laugh!!

.......and was allowed to by a chairman who was (in my opinion) too slow to sack him on the basis of his disasterous quote 'judge me on Tinnion' .

He single handedly tore away at a side that had taken 3 years to build, and was (again in my opinion) so close be being the finished article.

Why?

Because it was Danny Wilsons' side, and he wanted nothing to do with the ones who would not, or did not agree (imo) with the way he took over.

If there is anyone to blame for this terrible run, and for the complete descension in to oblivion, both on, and off the field, it is the man who has now washed his hands of the club he so called 'loved'.

I only hope that Gary Johnson is given the time to rebuild a side HE can say is his, and not full of beer guzzling, street fighting, prima donna wasters.

3rd Division?

You're 'aving a laugh!!

HERE HERE SIR,

IF LANSDOWN HAD NOT PICKED TINNION, WE WOULD NOT BE IN THIS MESS.

END OFF

Why?

3rd Division?

You're 'aving a laugh!!

My heart bled several times this afternoon... To hear chants of "You should of stayed down the Yeovil" ring round the East End, tore me apart. I actually agreed with them to a certain extent. I feel extremely sorry for Gary Johnson, it takes a man with courage, passion with a touch of madness to take on a club that was left in a hell hole by Tinnion.

I every confidence in Johnson to turn things around but I'm also feeling a little anger towards Lansdowne for ever appointing Tinnion and to the man himself for being pig headed and leaving Bristol City in the state we see it today.

It's going to be a long hard slog but we'll be safe come May, whereabouts in the table we will end up remains to be seen.

You Reds.

What a load of ********.

Everyone was praising the signings and what a superb squad we had on paper back in August.

Sadly, they may be decent footballers, but they are pissheads who don't want to play football, they're just interested in taking home their paycheck and pi££ed up.

The squad that Tinnion inherited on paper was good enough to win this league easily, and everyone agreed with that in August, we are now seeing that no matter who the manager is, Tinnion or Johnson, these "players" just don't want to play football.

Lansdown has made too many mistakes, and yes looking back Tinnion was one of them, but that's with hindsight, in August we all agreed that we'd win the league with the squad we had, sadly us and Tinnion himself have been conned by these overpaid "footballers".

.........in August we all agreed that we'd win the league with the squad

I have to say that I never did agree with that at all.

As did I never agree with Tinnion being appointed in the first place.

Possibly a case of I told you so to someone who would want to say that (personally I would not).

But certainly not hindsight.

Sadly, it has to go down as one of Lansdowns' biggest mistakes, and to a certain extent he has slightly made up for it in appointing a PROVEN manager.

However, he has to be given time to exterminate the leech type mentality, and remove to dirty, grey smog that is choking this team to suffication, which only one man is proportionately responsible for.

What a load of ********.

Everyone was praising the signings and what a superb squad we had on paper back in August.

in August we all agreed that we'd win the league with the squad we had, sadly us and Tinnion himself have been conned by these overpaid "footballers".

Not "Everyone" SH, ones who could see through the misty eyed chronism voiced thier doubts way back in Jun '04 only be told to go and watch the Rovers among other dismissive calls.

Johnson has a HUGE task ahead of him, I'm sure we wish him luck, he's going to need it by the bucket load.

I was sat in the Atyeo this afternoon after the third goal thinking the exact same thing myself. As great a player that he was, Tinnion has ruined this club.

There was no heart, passion, feeling or even fight on the pitch today. As soon as Philips dropped the ball to fall at the feet of Eastwood, heads went down and never looked likely to come back up again.

IMO the only players to come out of that game with any credit were Murray and Quinn. Murray ran at players and put in a couple of crosses, which were unfortunately usually met by the head of a Southend player as there was nobody else in the box apart from Quinn. Quinn tried his best, and it was good to see a striker that can control the ball, flick it on, bring it down on his chest and knock it out wide and run into space.

The way I'm thinking at the moment, as much as it pains me to say is that we have to beat the drop. If we end up just outside the playoffs or better then that will just be a bonus. GJ has to virtually rebuild this team, or perform perhaps the biggest miracle possible and get this bunch of players to do something positive. He has to be given time, more than a season - success is not going to come straight away. I was also interested to read that in the bombshell that he dropped in the dressing room after the game, he found a thing or two about a few of the players.....

I also purchased my ticket for the Notts County game next weekend after the game - I might end up regretting it but I'll still be there watching the club I love.

Why?

3rd Division?

You're 'aving a laugh!!

I "unfortunatly" agree with you.

I play poker quite a bit, i could be the best poker player in the world, but unless the cards are good i aint going to win anything. The same goes for this club. Johnson has been dealt Tinman's cards and it just aint working. Bugger.

Onwards and upwards. City Till I Die!!!!!

Everyone blames tinnion, but he had the same sort of problems that johnson is experiencing, tinnion tried to shipp some out, but paid the price through lack experience. Johnson will succeed, but it will take time to get rid of the wasters.

Sadly, Tinnion did not inherite 'wasters', it seems he just bought most of them.

He inherited an improving side that had just been beaten in a play-off final.

Some would say he had the job if they never gained promotion, hence the reason most of the side never 'turned up' for that fateful game V Brighton (I digress).

Mr. Johnson, as I have said, is proven, and MUST, I repeat MUST be given time to re-build this side that has been raised to the ground in the past season or so.

Everyone blames tinnion, but he had the same sort of problems that johnson is experiencing, tinnion tried to shipp some out, but paid the price through lack experience. Johnson will succeed, but it will take time to get rid of the wasters.

Tinnion bought his problems on himself. He came out within the first 2 months as a manager and publically criticised players by name, this is never a good move whether warranted or not. His man management was abysmal to the point of being offensive, e.g woodman, he chastised him in the paper last season and in pre season yet he starts the first game of the season and is then promptly dropped. What must have been going round that kids head is anyones guess.

Tins ripped the heart the soul the fight and the quality out of this club in 18 months something it took wilson 3-4 years to get back after pulis, so anyone expection johnson to do anything this season or indeed next could be sorely mistaken, we are in a mess and will be relegated playing as we have last few weeks even against tranmere.

The problem is the lack of experience in centre back centre midfield and a dominator up front, brooker does this quinn he isnt brooker he looks like a work horse but nothing else, stewart bridges p'ss off. Get some back bone and we may do something poor skuse he looks like a boy out there he will be great but time must be given not the weight of the world.

All of you are almost coming round to my way of thinking.

YES Tinnion made some terrible signings

YES Tinnion sold some important players

YES Tinnion ripped a team apart that took three years to build

NO It's not Tinnions fault we're in this position.

WHO'S FAULT IS IT ?

THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS

Why? Well, they sacked Danny and entrusted Brian with our club. Tinnion took a job that any of us would have taken. Lets face it if SL gave you a call tomorrow and offered you the hot seat, you'd jump at the oportunity!! I would!!

The board may well have done great things for our club but that doesn't give them the right to rip us apart too!!

you are all, right, but it was still inexperience on tinnions part, it was to big a job for his first start in management, we have a history of players taking control in their little groups and trying to rule things, its always us though, as fans that suffer, how many time have we said to our selves, "why us".

Maybe not.

But tell me, who signed Orr, Brown, Partridge and in the excused corner, Brooker?

Tinnion signed all four of them.

Three of the four, in my opinion, were worthwile signings.

Brown, Orr and Brooker always give 100% and as such I don't have a problem with them. Do you?

Or do you class them all as wasters?

Brown, Orr and Brooker always give 100% and as such I don't have a problem with them. Do you?

I think if you read NATCHERS post again, you will see that he thinks Brooker was an ok signing ?

As for Orr,Partridge & Brown. You are right they do give 100% - On the town !!! :rofl2br:

And as for on the pitch - 100% of what ? :disapointed2se:

All four of 'em wouldn't of got into the team pre-Tinnion.

ie-Not good enough. That's before their not so alledged (Am I naughty or what!) fest.

Sadly, Tinnion did not inherite 'wasters', it seems he just bought most of them.

He inherited an improving side that had just been beaten in a play-off final.

I disagree with this. The team Brian Tinnion inherited had peaked and there were issues surrounding a large number of players.

Aaron Brown, Louis Carey and Lee Peacock were out of contract and found they could earn more elsewhere.

Matt Hill only signed a new contract once a get out clause had been inserted allowing him a move to a Championship club.

Danny Coles had already told Steve Lansdown that he'd want to leave if City didn't gain promotion.

Mickey Bell, Tony Butler and Brian Tinnion himself were all showing signs of age.

By my reckoning this leaves only Steve Phillips, Scott Murray, Tommy Doherty and Christian Roberts as players from a Danny Wilson preferred starting eleven who could have had a long term future at the club. Whoever was manager following the Cardiff debacle would have faced a massive rebuilding job.

Lansdown has made too many mistakes, and yes looking back Tinnion was one of them, but that's with hindsight, in August we all agreed that we'd win the league with the squad we had,

Er , not everyone, I did not succumb to the euphoria

Again, I did not need hindsight to say from June 2004 that the Tinnion appointment was a mistake

Just to put the record straight

• Admin

I disagree with this. The team Brian Tinnion inherited had peaked and there were issues surrounding a large number of players.

Aaron Brown, Louis Carey and Lee Peacock were out of contract and found they could earn more elsewhere.

Matt Hill only signed a new contract once a get out clause had been inserted allowing him a move to a Championship club.

Danny Coles had already told Steve Lansdown that he'd want to leave if City didn't gain promotion.

Mickey Bell, Tony Butler and Brian Tinnion himself were all showing signs of age.

By my reckoning this leaves only Steve Phillips, Scott Murray, Tommy Doherty and Christian Roberts as players from a Danny Wilson preferred starting eleven who could have had a long term future at the club. Whoever was manager following the Cardiff debacle would have faced a massive rebuilding job.

Excellent point, missed by so many on here, the play-off defeat was a massive blow, the catalyst for the mess in which we find ourselves.

Johnson has to build his own side now and he has to be given the time necessary to do this, with contracts and financial constraints it may take a couple of years before every player at the club is here with Johnson's approval.

Archived