IGNORED

Would We Sell Brooker?

Red Cloud

seen quite a few posts regarding alleged sheff wed interest in Steve Brooker.

If they offered the same sort of money as they did for Trundle & Tyson £700k do you reckon we'd sell? - or more to the point would we have a choice?

Hate to see him go as he's our best striker by miles but if that sort of money came surely we'd have no choice?

Guest Harry Dolman

I can honestly say that as things stand there is not a single player that I would be gutted to see leave. Sure, I'd rather keep the talented youngsters like Skuse/Cotterill but if they went for decent fees then we could buy stronger more experienced players who may be more suited to Lg 1 anyway (especially a Lg 1 dog fight!).

Brooker is arguably our best player - but again I wouldn't be that bothered if he goes. He seems very prone to niggly inujries (something Vale fans said when we bought him) - how often does he miss games ?

In addition to this he is vice captain & as Jamie Smith is nowhere near the 1st team squad he is practically captain, yet he still broke the clubs discipline rules.

Brooker had a storming game at Sheff. Weds. last season, so this may not be far off the mark.

If we did sell for that sort of price, could well be GJ would have the funds to prise Jevons, Way and Skiverton away from Yeovil.

That being the case, or even 2 of them, it would be the right move for City.

Obviously Brooker, who saw City as a launch pad to the Championship, would jump at the switch.

Did Port Vale have a sell-on clause?

if there is one player i don't want to see leave, it is Brooker. I don't want to be greedy but if i wanted to sell Brooker, it would be for much more then £700,000.

Yep.

The difference between our current squad and, say, Wilson's is that back then we had a number of players that we knew could 'do a job' at a higher level (as they are doing now). I think Brooker could hold his own in the Championship and I cant say that about many others in our current squad (in fact none except a couple of ifs and maybes).

Also good on him for coming back after the disappointment of being usurped by our big-time Charlie signings, Bridges and Stewart, in the first game. He proved he's far more important to the club than the two of them. Well done Brooks.

I want £850,000...at least!

Archived