IGNORED

Roy Keane

mozo

Roy Keane Quote taken from the censored broadcast on MUTV...clearly though he's talking about our rabble:

"The players have been asked questions and they are just not coming up with the answers.

"They have let down the club, the manager and the fans.

"The younger players have been let down by some of the more experienced ones - they are not leading. There is a shortage of characters.

"These guys thought getting new contracts was the best day of their careers. They think they have made it. They haven't.

"The fact that (senior players) are out should be enough incentive for those coming in to play better and give more.

"It is not enough to play well for 20 minutes, it is a 90-minute game.

"You get well rewarded but you have to put the hard work to earn those rewards."

...at least we're not the only ones eh!

Keane is a great leader..

He will say what he feels.. its what brian clough did.. and thats whats made him say things like that..

Does relate to city doesnt it?

In a way, although in our case it's more a case of the senior players not being arsed thats the problem. Our problem is that we don't have someone like a Roy Keane who has the balls to point these things out. Most Man Utd fans are actually in agreement with what he says.

He's getting criticised in the media for saying these things so publicly. I suppose it makes sense that he'd be better off dealing with the individuals face to face, behind closed doors after training. I still admire his honesty though, why should he lie?

His comments were in stark contrast to "We'll pull through this together", isn't that right Marcus...

He's getting criticised in the media for saying these things so publicly. I suppose it makes sense that he'd be better off dealing with the individuals face to face, behind closed doors after training. I still admire his honesty though, why should he lie?

His comments were in stark contrast to "We'll pull through this together", isn't that right Marcus...

Agree with you that his honesty is admirable. And in principle what he says is right.

But he shouldn't be saying these things to the press, to the general public. As someone said on here, he's a great leader. I don't doubt it. But he's not saying these things as a leader. He's saying them as a player who's recently indicated he may leave Old Trafford and is currently watching from the sidelines.

It would be different if he was on the pitch, leading by example. He would show real leadership by taking some individuals to one side in training and telling them a few home truths. But he hasn't done that.

I'd like to know what his motives are. If I were his team-mates I might understand his points, but would wonder why he felt the need to undermine and embarrass his colleagues in this way.

Viva Roy Keane I say, The main part of attack was on Rio Ferdinand, 120K per week and playing terribly for Manu and England and looking as if he could'nt care less, Why should he, After all if he never kicked a ball again he would'nt have to work.

He should remember the way the club stood by him and PAID him after his drugs fiasco.

Viva Roy Keane I say, The main part of attack was on Rio Ferdinand, 120K per week and playing terribly for Manu and England and looking as if he could'nt care less, Why should he, After all if he never kicked a ball again he would'nt have to work.

He should remember the way the club stood by him and PAID him after his drugs fiasco.

Yes, agree with you totally. Rio looks absolutely rubbish at the moment, he doesn't seem to care. I just think Keane would have done himself more favours laying into the likes of Ferdinand in private rather than in the media.

Guest Longford Red

Oh come on rumbellow, surely you should know that footballers have very short careers the poor poppets! What will they do when they retire at the grand old age of 38ish and have amassed well close to 40 million in the bank. So i don't know where you got the "never have to work" idea from! :D

What a thought! I think his very presence would spell an end to the lame performances we've recently got used to.

He might even consider it if it would be a player-coach kind of role!!!????

These are absolute pipe-dreams but...

We need a permanent assistant manager, why not Keane. Meanwhile he can see out the last couple of years of his playing career, providing that much needed bite in our midfield.

Not exactly on the cards is it?

Yes, agree with you totally. Rio looks absolutely rubbish at the moment, he doesn't seem to care. I just think Keane would have done himself more favours laying into the likes of Ferdinand in private rather than in the media.

Roy Keane dosen't and has never done any favours, He is the club captain and everytime he puts his puts his manu shirt on it means something to him, I think he is quite entitled to ask questions of players picking up weekly wage packets of 120K and playing like a tit in a trance.

Also there is media speculation that Mr Fergy may have had a hand in this.

Either a bum kicking or lets get rid, Methinks.

Roy Keane dosen't and has never done any favours, He is the club captain and everytime he puts his puts his manu shirt on it means something to him, I think he is quite entitled to ask questions of players picking up weekly wage packets of 120K and playing like a tit in a trance.

Also there is media speculation that Mr Fergy may have had a hand in this.

Either a bum kicking or lets get rid, Methinks.

He'll have more ammunition after tonight's game.

Sod their problems though, we're the ones up the creek.

What a thought! I think his very presence would spell an end to the lame performances we've recently got used to.

He might even consider it if it would be a player-coach kind of role!!!????

I would be drooling over the Dolman stand if Keane ever signed for us, i think pie in the sky though, but yes what a thought!

:notworthy:

Archived