IGNORED

Bristol City Internationals

Paul Hudd

Hello all

Does anyone know all of our international players- I know a few like John Atyeo, Howard Pritchard, Tommy Doc and the current ones Dave Partridge, Dave Cotterill and Luke Wilkshire?

Agostino, Aizlewood and Rob Edwards also I think.

Did Jacki and Tistematanu play for Poland and Moldova whilst they were at City?

Cheers, Paul

Hello all

Does anyone know all of our international players- I know a few like John Atyeo, Howard Pritchard, Tommy Doc and the current ones Dave Partridge, Dave Cotterill and Luke Wilkshire?

Cheers, Paul

paul cheesely and chris garland under 23's , Joe royal and Norman hunter, must be more, eating dinner so cant think! :D

Hello all

Cheers, Paul

Tistematanu definately did, not sure Jacki did though.

Darren Barnard

Jim Brennan ?

Billy Wedlock actually captained England whilst a City player. Gow & Gillies made at least the Scvottish u21 side. Dermot Curtiss was mentioned earlier. He played for the Republic against England which meant City provided the Centre Forward for both teams in that game, surely that's unique.

In our last relegation season, for the vital game v Crewe we had three players out for international games, but still had to play as it was near the end of the season.

Dermot Curtis..one of the Irelands

John Ateyo and Dermot Curtis played for England and the Republic of Ireland in the same match at Wembley Stadium on May 8th 1957.

England won 5-1 with Ateyo scoring 2 goals and Dermot Curtis 1.

Two players from Bristol City scored half the goals.

The England Team was mouthwatering.

Alan HODGKINSON

Jeff HALL

Roger BYRNE

Ronnie CLAYTON

Billy WRIGHT

Duncan EDWARDS

Stanley MATTHEWS

John ATYEO

Tommy TAYLOR

Johnny HAYNES

Tom FINNEY

Eat your heart out Sven!!

A mention on this thread should be of Bedminster lad and double international Arthur Milton who played cricket for Gloucestershire and England (scored 104 on his debut against New Zealand) and football for Arsenal during which time he was selected to play for England against Austria.

He later returned to his roots and signed for Bristol City where he helped the club win promotion in 1954/55.

Without doubt the clubs greatest ever all rounder.

Wonder if Marcus Trescothick is any good at centre back?

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg

Did Barnard play during his City days?

Yep.

When Portishead resident Bobby Gould was Wales manager he called up Rob Edwards a few times and a few years later called up Darren Barnard.. while Edwards and Barnard were playing for Bristol City.

Remember that Barnard had pedigree before he came here, he played for Chelsea on the left hand side of midfield in the semi-final of the FA Cup.

Archived