IGNORED

Yet More Gj Comments

mozo

Gary Johnson is quite simply the most interesting manager we've had at this club for a long time.

There's always a talking point with this man in charge and his latest interview hasn't disappointed:

bcfc.co.uk quotes:

"I throw these little hand grenades from time to time. The pick out things that are niggling you as a manager and you learn about players from their reaction...

There is light at the end of the tunnel because we have enough players here with the necessary passion. Some are too quiet to demonstrate it and we need to draw it out of them, but it is there."

When we were discussing the dressing room incident I was hoping that there was method in his madness. If these comments are anything to go by there was.

Who do we think he is referring to in the second quote?

Being a bit pessimistic here, and also am probably very wrong, but doesn't this remind anyone of the whole "Tinnion looking every player in the eye" scenario?

Slightly worrying...

There's a big difference in the 'staring contest' this time. GJ is a respected, experienced, successful manager, as opposed to a rookie with minimal man-management skills, donkeys years at the same club and a 'history' with some of the players.

The people that should be worried are the players that don't respond in the correct manner.

Psychology is a very usefull tool in adressing certain attitudes within a team but you have know how to use it properly.In the hands of amatuers in can be a very damageing intervention.

Does Johnson have a degree in psychology? or maybe a psychotherapy qualifiction? - probably not.....

Imo sports psychology should administered by those who know what they are doing.A little knowledge can be a bad thing.

Psychology is a very usefull tool in adressing certain attitudes within a team but you have know how to use it properly.In the hands of amatuers in can be a very damageing intervention.

Does Johnson have a degree in psychology? or maybe a psychotherapy qualifiction? - probably not.....

Imo sports psychology should administered by those who know what they are doing.A little knowledge can be a bad thing.

Good managers have an instinct for player psychology. Lets hope Johnson knows from intuition and experience what he's doing. I've no reason to doubt that he's in control of the situation.

Guest alex1089

Well he has come out in the evening post today so maybe thats false or its been patched up between them two? If this is true then surly Gary won't take that bullshite and kick him out?

Well he has come out in the evening post today so maybe thats false or its been patched up between them two? If this is true then surly Gary won't take that bullshite and kick him out?

To be honest, what they say in the dressing room, and what they say to the press bear no resemblence to each other. I never expected him to say anything different to the EP, but I still think he will be the first out the door now.

Woulden't stewart reject the interview with the EP?

I'm just stirring now but he said in the interview that it was time for "the experienced people at the club - players and management - to stand up and be counted".

I'm probably quoting him way out of context though, but it sounded funny when I read it today. He was also quoted as saying that the players should take responsibility.

He also said that he's "not averse to criticism"!! He didn't comment on the dressing down though.

Apparently, GJ was dishing out cririsism and Stewart said, You aint talking to me like that you fat ****. We shall see whether MS is playing Saturday, or if it gets announced he has an "injury".

What exactly is you're source?

Or is this one of those 'I know something you don't know so instead of keeping 'stumm' I'm going to let the BCFC forum know what I think without revealing who my source is.'

To be fair I'm not actually trying to pick a fight with you, merely asking why it is, even if the information you have is accurate, you feel the need to come onto a forum and release this knowledge without making it clear where i has come from.

Of course if you have made it clear on another post then allow me to apologise, i havent seen this and will read it with interest.

But can I at least suggest that if what you say is true, then Marcus Stewart will never play for this club again, and, if you're account of the situation is accurate, then not a moment too soon.

What exactly is you're source?

Or is this one of those 'I know something you don't know so instead of keeping 'stumm' I'm going to let the BCFC forum know what I think without revealing who my source is.'

To be fair I'm not actually trying to pick a fight with you, merely asking why it is, even if the information you have is accurate, you feel the need to come onto a forum and release this knowledge without making it clear where i has come from.

Of course if you have made it clear on another post then allow me to apologise, i havent seen this and will read it with interest.

But can I at least suggest that if what you say is true, then Marcus Stewart will never play for this club again, and, if you're account of the situation is accurate, then not a moment too soon.

I thank you very much for not picking a fight with me. I'm going to be very annoying now, and simply say that it came from somebody pretty high up in the club. Surely you can understand why names cannot be mentioned. If you choose to not believe it then fine.

I thought sports psychology was the sum of very little knowledge, which is why so many people study it. Theres no point in doing something difficult at Uni if you can get away an 'ology. Shame about the job market though.

Perhaps Johnson will actually think "thank christ one of them has a bit of fight in him"?

Nibor

Archived