IGNORED

Darlington In For Bridges

jimtastic

I disagree with all above.

This maybe a good chance for us to get him off of our hands. He will presumably be one of the highest earners at the club, although you would of hoped he would have had a moderate basic wage and then bonuses dependant on the games he plays.

It seems unlikely that he will get a run in the first team which basically leads us to the end result of him leaving in the summer when his contract expires. If we let him go now then we potentially save £3000-£5000 a week.

Yes he is a good player but, in the grand scheme of things, he has contributed very little to the club. If Darlington are willing to take over his contract, which appears unlikely, or Bridges and Darlingotn can come to some arrangement on wages then id let him go in a heartbeat.

i don't want him to go. He has impressed me so far this season and i find it confusing how he could take on some Peterborugh Reject when we have a much more skillful player waiting to be given a fairer chance on the bench.

They're completley different types of player though. Quinn was signed because he's a target man, as cover for Brooker.

If we let him go now then we potentially save £3000-£5000 a week. Very much at the lower end of that.

Yes he is a good player but, in the grand scheme of things, he has contributed very little to the club. Because he hasnt been played regularly enough.

I don't debate that, however as Stewart and Brooker are GJ's first choice, Madjo and Cotterill have both been used and Quinn was brought in on loan, Bridges first team opportunities look limited/unlikely.

Thus what is the point in him staying on the wage bill?

We should keep hold of him and give him a chance. He's quality at the end of the day.When he arrived he as unfit and not match fit either. He has shown cameos of ability and he should be allowed to fet fit and play 15/20 mins from the bench to start. We need his quality.

Yeah although there have been rumours on this forum that Bridges doesn't try hard in practice and does not give his all therefore he is unfit. He doesn't fit the passion or hard work, hard pace ethic that GJ is pushing for. Sounds like his dog has more energy :rofl2br:

I don't debate that, however as Stewart and Brooker are GJ's first choice, Madjo and Cotterill have both been used and Quinn was brought in on loan, Bridges first team opportunities look limited/unlikely. Madjo same quality as Bridges? I don't think so. Cotterill at his current age more of a wide player. Quinn - don't rate, why would the mighty Peterborough be willing for him to come here?

Thus what is the point in him staying on the wage bill? Its just my opinion, but I think he should be given a run of a few games behind the front two. Reasoning - more quality than Wilkshire, and IMO less likely to go hiding as Wilkshire too often does. The issue is his general fitness, I don't know about that, maybe thats why hes not played more.

Ah, another player I was wrong about (see Stewart stick thread). I thought Bridges would come here be really up for it and use us to get back into championship football. I thought he would be a success and we would be having trouble holding on to him come January and there would be a heck of a battle to persuade him to stay. :doh:

Who whould have predicted in August that Darlo might be his next club!? Maybe he is homesick and a move back up north for him might be better all round. Shame, as I don't think he has made the best of limited opportunities here. I think on occasions he has shown more than stewart though!

Of course Madjo isnt of the same quality of Bridges, that isnt the point. The point is why keep a player at a club who isnt going to get first team opportunities, and hasnt done anything so far to warrant keeping.

A fit, healthy, motivated Bridges should be playing at the top of the Championship. He's got ability, he's clearly one of the best players at the club in regards to pedigree, awareness, touch and vision, but the fact is he is not playing and is unlikely to.

The fact that seals the deal is, presuming his production rate continues, he will almost certianly leave in the summer in order to cut the wage bill. So why bother spending £X on his wages when it appears he will contribute little.

Guest The Codfather 0312

We would absolutly be stupid to let a talent like bridges leave us. He has alot to show as and wil eventually come good. He really needs a run in the team to get his match fitness up and start scoring goals.

In some of the games he has played this season we have seen a tad bit of the talent that the man posseses. He is one of the most talented players at the club and if we get him fireing on all clinders then he will be one of the best strikers in this league.

Ah yes, would that be the Paul Heffernan thats banging 'em in every week at Donny? Good comparison.

Not sure whether that was sarcastic..

Just as heffer didnt get much chance.. and when he left hes doin well for doncaster

Sorry if i misunderstood your comment

Ah yes, would that be the Paul Heffernan thats banging 'em in every week at Donny? Good comparison.

I'd say it's a pretty bad comparison.

Heffernan's goalscoring ability was never called into question. He was just unlucky that Brooker and Lita were 'undroppable'. He was then sold when it looked like Lita was staying and when the Stewart negotiations were in flow.

Bridges in contrast hasn't been kept out of the side by on form colleagues. He just hasn't managed to earn a place in the team. Both Tinnion and GJ couldn't justify picking him. His cameos have been okay but behind the scenes he clearly isn't what the club needs.

His wages sound like they're far above what we can afford, so we'd happily get rid if Darlo make an offer.

Not sure whether that was sarcastic..

Just as heffer didnt get much chance.. and when he left hes doin well for doncaster

Sorry if i misunderstood your comment

Definetly sarcastic. Is he doing well for Donny? I don't see him in the top scorer list and if I remember he was recently starting on the bench, although I have been wrong before.

Frankly unbelievable.

I have never ever publicly slagged off a Bristol City manager and believe me the temptation has been great. There's no point slagging the manager off because 1) It makes bugger all difference what we on this forum think and 2) Like it or not, the manager is the manager and none of them have ever given less than 100% (perhaps Pulis aside), so why should I, who has never been involved in professional sport, doubt them?

But I've got to say that this decision is makes me question whether GJ has any idea where his arse is in relation to his elbow.

Not content with slagging virtually the entire squad off in public after every game - you don't need to show us you're macho, just sort out the results - he is shipping off on loan the only City player I've seen this year who looks genuinely like he can change a game. Is he mad? This bloke can control a ball better than anyone else in the squad, he always looks like he has time on the ball and can pass to boot.

I am busy at work and frankly don't have time to post every 15 miniutes but this grieves me.

Genuinely shocked.

Guest paulton rovers red

I think Bridges is one of the best players we have but is useless in this division.

did we have a player like him last time we got promoted?

Guest alex1089

Has he shipped him off yet? No! Darlington have said they would like him, dosen't mean he is on his way does it! Gary has said there is nothing official so nothing has happened yet!

Frankly unbelievable.

I have never ever publicly slagged off a Bristol City manager and believe me the temptation has been great. There's no point slagging the manager off because 1) It makes bugger all difference what we on this forum think and 2) Like it or not, the manager is the manager and none of them have ever given less than 100% (perhaps Pulis aside), so why should I, who has never been involved in professional sport, doubt them?

But I've got to say that this decision is makes me question whether GJ has any idea where his arse is in relation to his elbow.

Not content with slagging virtually the entire squad off in public after every game - you don't need to show us you're macho, just sort out the results - he is shipping off on loan the only City player I've seen this year who looks genuinely like he can change a game. Is he mad? This bloke can control a ball better than anyone else in the squad, he always looks like he has time on the ball and can pass to boot.

I am busy at work and frankly don't have time to post every 15 miniutes but this grieves me.

Genuinely shocked.

Um,

The manager has had no official approach yet, so maybe don't slag him off at all....not for now at least yeh :)

I can understand why we'd let him go. He doesn't seem to be the type of starting striker you need at least one of in this league (pacy or powerful), he looks a lot more intelligent and as such doesn't do well without clever players around him.

That's why people keep saying we should play him in the hole, so he can feed the less intelligent players. In a better quality side he'd just play up front. The hole is a luxury in this division so that probably means the door for him.

I'm a bit confused about people saying he's not fit and poorly motivated. I've not seen that when he's come on, he's often looked bright and creative. He's not going to be razor sharp with only 15 mins each week but he didn't look like he was unfit.

It's a shame he didn't get a run of starts. I still think if we'd played with him and Stewart up front and managed to work out how to get the ball forward on the floor and quickly without just lumping it to Brooker we'd have seen their quality show through.

Nibor

Archived