IGNORED

Tinnion On This Forum

mozo

why not loads of people on this forum just slag off players/manager/the board because they havent got anything better to do

I expect him to think it, but i didn't expect an outburst (I think it narrowly qualified as an 'outburst') on TV.

Where did he get 10% of the forum slagged him off , hiding behind names. Was there a poll, was there an official survey, well was there ?

To go onto the public arena of television and state 10%, shows again his ineptitude of handling the media. Without the advantage of an Official monitored survey, it appeared to me the forum was about 50/50 split at best on Tinman as a manager. Sure the forum was heavily for Tins the player, but as a manager , not even close to being favourable.

Tins, research your facts before you criticise people and quote figures like they are facts. We may be a computor forum of BCFC fans, but a democracy is entitled to a point of view whether you like its comments or not.

The man was basically murdered on here, most never gave him a chance from the time he took over. I can't blame him for having a go.

But all i can say is the players let him down which triggers fans to moan about the manager

who picks them.

when he was made manager i was happy, and backed him, sadly the players did not

and there was no getting away from the 7-1 stuffing at swansea, he may well be a bit

peed off with some fans and parts rightly so,

but we don't kick a ball around for him, the players do and it

was the players who lost him his job...

But all i can say is the players let him down which triggers fans to moan about the manager

who picks them.

when he was made manager i was happy, and backed him, sadly the players did not

and there was no getting away from the 7-1 stuffing at swansea, he may well be a bit

peed off with some fans and parts rightly so,

but we don't kick a ball around for him, the players do and it

was the players who lost him his job...

Good call Cider Head, on the money.

but we don't kick a ball around for him, the players do and it was the players who lost him his job...

Mr Nail meet Mr Hammer, and if GJ doesn't watch out the same ones will do for him too - as usual though it is the club that will suffer the most, much more than any ex-manager.

The argument that the players lost him his job is of course true, but equally true is the fact he was the man who bought, picked and failed to motivate said players.

As for 10% - what rubbish. To be suprised by finding people are critical of him is childish and inept. This is football management we are talking about, in an era when we, the fans are charged more and more money to enjoy the delights of division 3! Of course there are expectations.

As for hiding behind names - I have been critical to his face and I'm not worried about debating his many shortcomings in public. This forum however is what it is, and to suddenly cry 'foul' because we have user names is sad stuff indeed.

I think the general sigh of relief when GJ arrived demonstrated what people thought of Brian - a man whose ego blocked out his ability to see that he wasn't up to the job. (still the case with a 10% comment!)

As for GJ, he's old enough to look after himself Brian.

Where did he get 10% of the forum slagged him off , hiding behind names. Was there a poll, was there an official survey, well was there ?

To go onto the public arena of television and state 10%, shows again his ineptitude of handling the media. Without the advantage of an Official monitored survey, it appeared to me the forum was about 50/50 split at best on Tinman as a manager. Sure the forum was heavily for Tins the player, but as a manager , not even close to being favourable.

Tins, research your facts before you criticise people and quote figures like they are facts. We may be a computor forum of BCFC fans, but a democracy is entitled to a point of view whether you like its comments or not.

MY god you're a pedantic f a r t aren't you, he said 90% of fans were great, but you always get the 10% who critcise, and unfortunately those are the ones with the big gobs, and you must be one of the 10%.you quote 50/50 split, were was the poll? where was the official survey? well was there? To go on this public arena and state 50/50 shows your ineptitude at handling the media.

Guest ashtonyate

It must be remember that when Tinnion was made Manager that he came on to this forum and told us what he wanted to do so he was happy to use it when it ok for him

Having said that I thought Tinnion was treated badly by some of the forum members the ones who kept running him down did not take in the fact that he was strugiling with injured player, had we not had so many players out i think we would have had better start and Tinnion would still be in the job.

I belive in the freedom of peoples views but some are over the top and not thought about, its easy to have a go at people but some times things are beyound peoples control

MY god you're a pedantic f a r t aren't you, he said 90% of fans were great, but you always get the 10% who critcise, and unfortunately those are the ones with the big gobs, and you must be one of the 10%.you quote 50/50 split, were was the poll? where was the official survey? well was there? To go on this public arena and state 50/50 shows your ineptitude at handling the media.

Quote,"it appeared to me ", merely my opinion. If you wish to quote posters and call them names, get your facts right.

This topic does come down to opinions, and most on this thread seem to think Tins is out of line.

Having worked in litigation, speaking at a public forum representing a political or corporate office , demands accurate facts, or vague assertions as used by our politicitions. Words such as," its possible that", "it appeared to me", " it may well have been", then add 10% or more of the forum.

If Tins had a fault in this regard, he spoke with passion from the heart, not a bad thing , but something to be mindful of when faced with public speaking .

Oh and Mercury, yes indeed old Red is an old fart, but far from pedantic, just a little passionate, like Tinman.

I read that everyone is intitled to his/her views with regard to the club on this forum and no doubt the same is true when you're down the pub or ringing Geoff Twentymen on a Friday evening, I support this freedom of speech wholeheartedly and would defend anyones rights to say what they feel, so I will support Tin's in expressing his view.

Now I didn't see him on TV last night but I hear he was holding nothing back. Was it just a rant or was it a belief that some users of this forum cost him his job? Either way fair play to him for getting it off his chest. Personally I don't agree with him in the slightest, results cost managers their jobs and with all the rhetoric he spouted we had expectations higher than he could deliver. I wish him well and defend his right to expess his opinion shame that opinion wasn't better thought out.

PS real name on my profile don't want to hide behind a user name :disapointed2se:

It must be remember that when Tinnion was made Manager that he came on to this forum and told us what he wanted to do so he was happy to use it when it ok for him

Having said that I thought Tinnion was treated badly by some of the forum members the ones who kept running him down did not take in the fact that he was strugiling with injured player, had we not had so many players out i think we would have had better start and Tinnion would still be in the job.

I belive in the freedom of peoples views but some are over the top and not thought about, its easy to have a go at people but some times things are beyound peoples control

Including keeping your best player Wilkshire on the bench at Swansea and then not playing LW for 90 minutes.

Guest ashtonyate

Including keeping your best player Wilkshire on the bench at Swansea and then not playing LW for 90 minutes.

If I remember Wilkshire had just come back from playing for his country and jet laged,if you got a defence with Fourtune & keown in it against a top of the table side you have got trouble

Now I didn't see him on TV last night but I hear he was holding nothing back. Was it just a rant or was it a belief that some users of this forum cost him his job?

No, he didn't claim that we had lost him his job.

He was asked by Jed Pitman what kind of reaction he gets from fans. He answered straight away by saying that 90% were good to him but there were always that 10% that slagged him off. I thought he meant the fans he had met in the street or that he knew personally, but then he mentioned 'forums'. He looked very passionate about it, saying they were 'dangerous places' and the stuff I mentioned at the top of this thread. I think he felt let down that people would make snide comments about him after his efforts for the club.

I thought he seemed like a genuine bloke as he always has to me. He wished Gary Johnson well, wouldn't comment on whether the players were not good enough, and he said that it really hurts that he can't go in to work at BCFC anymore. It's still 'his club' he said.

I have seen plenty of brash put-downs on this forum that don't take in to account the 12 years plus that he has put into BCFC. He admitted the job came to early for him, and said that he tried as hard as he could to succeed.

To be honest, I think he just wants to be liked.

I have to agree 100% with Tin Man. He was treated unfairly on here by certain people.

His best line was that the 10% that criticise are 'unfortunately the ones with the biggest mouths'. Probably true.

Off on a tangent...how rubbish was that programme. The jokes were straight out of Dick and Dom. If you use this forum Jed, yes I am one of the 10% that criticise you.

I have to agree 100% with Tin Man. He was treated unfairly on here by certain people.

I agree but the sad thing is the players who he trusted put him in that position

as it is always the manager that gets the stick, sadly the players are still at it,

and the club needs to face up to this, as we have got some talented players

so why are they playing so bad?? can't be the tactics as we got the same players under

a new manager with experience but they are still poor.

it's a social thing i guess ;)

I remember those who critised Tin Man. To be fair they are a 'poor, pathetic exscuse, of a BristoL city fan' each and everyone of them. if they call themself Brstol City fans then who wants enemys?. Big time Idiots each and everyone of them.

Yes they do hide behind names on here (Well said Tinnion). If i thought it was right to bring my name up on here then i would do so with out any problem. People know what town i live in so what? I have nothing to hide.

I support any move and anyone within Bristol City if they think it's the correct interest for the club. Ok i might be disapointed at first but i except it and get on with supporting the club i love.

3 things let BT down, 1) All the players, 2) A certain 'back stabbing' coach @ the club, 3) 10% of the forum (So called Bristol City fans).

BT also stated that he was in DIRE need of some experienced help, IMO his words/manner seemed to blame other people at the club for not getting that help. Also when asked about why he stopped playing he seemed to blame other people for that as well.

BCAGFC

He hopes that GJ doesn't read this forum because of 10% of people with 'big mouths' 'hiding behind a name.

He says it hurts when people on here criticise.

I never expected anything like that!!

I was a critic of Tinnion and he deserved it. I do not hide behind a name. My full name is in my profile.

Archived