IGNORED

Tinnion On Tv

Andy082005

I was in bed and fast zzzzzzzzzz when it was on, but I kind of guess he has had a pop at the fans on here.

Did he have a pop at the players??

or, even (and this would have been more appropriate).....

did he have a pop at HIMSELF for his p**s poor ability to run a football team and its players, and how he managed in a mere 15 months to rip the heart and soul out of this club by selling all its home grown talent and replacing it with under-achieving journey men who played for clubs that were worse off then ours.

How dare he go on t.v and slate the fans!! All the hard work done by Davidson, Laycock, Lansdown (although he has to take the blame for appointing Tinnion), Danny wilson, Tony Fawthrop etc over the past 5/6 years was undone by this man in 15 months!!!

And were to blame!!

It must be our fault that none of the players respected him as a manager! It must be our fault when Danny Coles once said to me "he just doesnt know what he is talking about", it must be our fault he didnt get on with the likes of Doherty because Doc's never referred to him as boss or gaffer, and chose to keep calling him "Tins"

From what ive heard from numerous people, Tinnion was a selfish character. And the fact he has gone on T.V now to "express his views" proves the sort of character he is, talk about twisting the knife on the club he supposedly loves

Would he have been on TV if GJ had taking City in to the play-offs by now?? I don't think so.

I was in bed and fast zzzzzzzzzz when it was on, but I kind of guess he has had a pop at the fans on here.

Did he have a pop at the players??

or, even (and this would have been more appropriate).....

did he have a pop at HIMSELF for his p**s poor ability to run a football team and its players, and how he managed in a mere 15 months to rip the heart and soul out of this club by selling all its home grown talent and replacing it with under-achieving journey men who played for clubs that were worse off then ours.

How dare he go on t.v and slate the fans!! All the hard work done by Davidson, Laycock, Lansdown (although he has to take the blame for appointing Tinnion), Danny wilson, Tony Fawthrop etc over the past 5/6 years was undone by this man in 15 months!!!

And were to blame!!

It must be our fault that none of the players respected him as a manager! It must be our fault when Danny Coles once said to me "he just doesnt know what he is talking about", it must be our fault he didnt get on with the likes of Doherty because Doc's never referred to him as boss or gaffer, and chose to keep calling him "Tins"

From what ive heard from numerous people, Tinnion was a selfish character. And the fact he has gone on T.V now to "express his views" proves the sort of character he is, talk about twisting the knife on the club he supposedly loves

Would he have been on TV if GJ had taking City in to the play-offs by now?? I don't think so.

Calm down dear...

He didn't have a pop at anybody. He said he felt that some of the criticism of him on the forum was unfair.

If you look at the 'Dangerous place thread, I state exactly what was said.

I'd imagine that all the people that are angrily misquoting him are in fact the 10%that he was referring to.

He was hurt by comments on here. He's a human being.

Calm down dear...

He didn't have a pop at anybody. He said he felt that some of the criticism of him on the forum was unfair.

I'd imagine that all the people that are angrily misquoting him are in fact the 10%that he was referring to.

lets be honest though, after games lwhen we lost 5-0 (Luton), 3-2 (Chesterfield), 4-1 (sheff wed), 7-1 (cant remember who against), what did he think he was going to achieve by looking on the fans forum anyway??

lets be honest though, after games lwhen we lost 5-0 (Luton), 3-2 (Chesterfield), 4-1 (sheff wed), 7-1 (cant remember who against), what did he think he was going to achieve by looking on the fans forum anyway??

I agree. He made a mistake by coming on here when he was going through an emotional time. The criticism was probably hard to take, but the outright slagging off probably felt like daggers in his back.

I don't want to start going into the 'was it tinnions fault' argument. It's been done to death.

But people are now mis-quoting him/reading too much into tame comments.

Calm down dear...

Spot on.

He also said several times how much he feels for this club, how this club is still and always will be his team.

And that he would like to return to management, older and wiser - but emphatically stated he would not be interested in the Gas job.

Andy082005 I do not think you are being at all fair.

- Selfish? I don't think so.

- Twisted the knife into the club? He didnt, listen to what he says.

Like you I was extremely disappointed by the sale of local players. But Tins admits he made mistakes, maybe his treatment of some of the players was one of them.

I NEEDED HELP, ADMITS TINNION

I'm sure that was what most on the forum was trying to say that he needed help and millen was

not the man for the job.. :rolleyes:

I NEEDED HELP, ADMITS TINNION

Brian Tinnion believes Bristol City's cause could have been helped this season were he to have had an "experienced person" to work alongside him. And the former Ashton Gate boss hit out at a minority of the club's fans he labelled "the biggest pain to the football club".

Speaking for the first time since his resignation in the wake of the 7-1 September thrashing at Swansea, Tinnion said: "With hindsight maybe it (the job) came too early for me.

"I perhaps needed someone experienced to work alongside me, although I felt I earnt the opportunity after giving my best for 12-and-a-half years.

"Gary Johnson is the new manager now and I wish him all the best. He now has to make the decisions for the football club.

"People said I was the cheap option, which hurt, but the fact is it didn't work out.

"I'm disappointed not to be there because I worked extremely hard.

"But I'm getting fit and I will try and play somewhere. I've learnt a lot these past 16 months and I've not been put off (by management)."

Tinnion, 37, speaking on ITV West's Soccer Night, said of the Swansea capitulation: "It was horrendous and I went there not feeling confident because I knew we had a lot of injuries.

"We were horrendous on the day and it could have been more (goals against). With the pride and passion I have for the club I couldn't stand it. I spoke to my wife (on the mobile phone) after the game and asked her to pick me up because I was that gutted."

Tinnion added: "In the summer, when we got the squad together, everyone, including the fans, thought we had a good set of players and the big problem has been the injuries to too many key players.

"Ninety per cent of the fans are fantastic but 10 per cent have the biggest mouths. They go on the internet forums and criticise every mistake and they are the biggest pain at the club. The forum is a dangerous place and I would advice the new manager not to read it."

http://www.epost.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nod...&folderPk=83727

RichieB has been quiet today....

I saw the programme & it just makes things even clearer - the BT's months should have never happened.

Unprofessional b0110x - He things he was hard done by, he is blaming others & one thing he got wrong was that 10% of fans at BCFC were the problem.

:disapointed2se:

I think it was 10 % that was for him come the end.

I saw the programme & it just makes things even clearer - the BT's months should have never happened.

Unprofessional b0110x - He things he was hard done by, he is blaming others & one thing he got wrong was that 10% of fans at BCFC were the problem.

:disapointed2se:

I think it was 10 % that was for him come the end.

You don't get it.

He doesnt blame anybody or anything other than his own inexperience - watch the programme again.

He was asked about the reaction from the fans, and said that 10% never game him a chance from day one, and these were the ones with the biggest mouths. You are one of them. For somebody with the passion he undoubtedly has for the club, despite heartless b******s like you ripping into him at every opportunity, how do you think he felt about that? Good?

No, he said that hurt. He is a human being, and one of the the worst things that can happen to a human being is when your own turn against you, particularly when you have not deliberately set out to cause those people harm.

Its all very saying, as some have on here, that he shouldnt be affected by what is said on here, but the fact is he demonstrably cares. Tins is almost certainly reading this. Give the guy a break, you got what you wanted.

You don't get it.

He doesnt blame anybody or anything other than his own inexperience - watch the programme again.

He was asked about the reaction from the fans, and said that 10% never game him a chance from day one, and these were the ones with the biggest mouths. You are one of them. For somebody with the passion he undoubtedly has for the club, despite heartless b******s like you ripping into him at every opportunity, how do you think he felt about that? Good?

No, he said that hurt. He is a human being, and one of the the worst things that can happen to a human being is when your own turn against you, particularly when you have not deliberately set out to cause those people harm.

Its all very saying, as some have on here, that he shouldnt be affected by what is said on here, but the fact is he demonstrably cares. Tins is almost certainly reading this. Give the guy a break, you got what you wanted.

Spot on. You could see how much it had hurt him. He deserved a chance in the job but it was just too early. His is still obviously upset that he can't come to his favourite club every day anymore. Give the guy a break. He gave 100% all the time, whether it was as a player or manager. It was just a shame he wasn't very good at the 2nd bit.

He deserved a chance in the job

This is the bit I don't get.

I've read many on here come up with this statement, even The Chairman says this, but why?

Yes, he had been at the club x amount of years, yes, he had some coaching badges, but was/is not as qualified as the equaily vilified Millen (who keeps his dignity, rather than blame all around him).

So tell, why did Tinnion deserve a chance?

This is the bit I don't get.

I've read many on here come up with this statement, even The Chairman says this, but why?

Yes, he had been at the club x amount of years, yes, he had some coaching badges, but was/is not as qualified as the equaily vilified Millen (who keeps his dignity, rather than blame all around him).

So tell, why did Tinnion deserve a chance?

Qualifications badges don't matter. They don't tell you how to run and manage a football club. Sure you need them to become a manager, but they aren't going to dictate how succesful you are going to be.

Tinnion deserved a chance, in my eyes, because he was passionate and loyal to the club. Certainly in hindsight, it was too early, but up and coming managers don't suddenly appear out of nowhere. They have to be given a chance first. Obviously Tinnion didn't fulfill this but he wanted to be the person who turned the club round when we lost the playoffs. The question you have to ask is 'Why didn't he deserve a chance?'. If people like Tinnion never got a chance then we would have no managers and the same applies in every walk of life. How are you meant to get experience when you have none? As far as I'm concerned he worked as hard as he could but just wasn't right for the job.

You don't get it.

Judging by the reaction from some on here, it's almost as if they know that he meant them.

To be fair the Evening Post doesn't explain the context of his comments about the 10% (he was speaking about fan's reactions to him since leaving City).

But the way that some people are trying to use his harmless comments as ammunition to slag him off again almost proves his point.

Tinnion deserved a chance, in my eyes, because he was passionate and loyal to the club.

I still haven't heard a worthwhile reason why he deserved a chance.

Yes I'm sure he's going to come out and blame the board when he's still working for the club.

For ###### sake. :doh:

Tinnion was blaming players, fans and even his assistant long before Lansdown put us out of our misery.

Archived