IGNORED

All My Fault

England

Yes I criticised the appointment of Tinnion from day one because as I frequently stated I thought it madness to appoint anyone with no proven experiences and no proven ability.

I have read the various threads about "give him a chance", "how can you get experience if you can't get a job" etc and I sympathise with their view except to say I think our club was just too big a job for an apprentice. All forms of employment need training and he had had none - never being an assistant or coach in the real world.

I remain convinced that SL offering and Tins accepting such an important post was a terrible error on both their parts - maybe more so SL because I guess if you are offered a job you always wanted, you would be unlikely to turn it down and it's certain that SL would not offer a top position in his own company to someone with no proven ability or experience.

As for Tins moaning about the views expressed on the forum, football is all about opinions and long may that continue.

So if Tins thinks my moans and those of a few others were instrumental in his demise, he needs to count his brain cells - the only reason he lost his job was because he was a failure.

Yes I criticised the appointment of Tinnion from day one because as I frequently stated I thought it madness to appoint anyone with no proven experiences and no proven ability.

I have read the various threads about "give him a chance", "how can you get experience if you can't get a job" etc and I sympathise with their view except to say I think our club was just too big a job for an apprentice. All forms of employment need training and he had had none - never being an assistant or coach in the real world.

I remain convinced that SL offering and Tins accepting such an important post was a terrible error on both their parts - maybe more so SL because I guess if you are offered a job you always wanted, you would be unlikely to turn it down and it's certain that SL would not offer a top position in his own company to someone with no proven ability or experience.

As for Tins moaning about the views expressed on the forum, football is all about opinions and long may that continue.

So if Tins thinks my moans and those of a few others were instrumental in his demise, he needs to count his brain cells - the only reason he lost his job was because he was a failure.

I'm sure Brian Tinnion doesn't think it's your fault.

SL admitted it was the cheap option.

BT admitted that in hindsight the job came too early for him.

End of story.

And some people voice their opinions in the wrong way (slagging people off). I think we should thank him for suggesting that 90% of people have been really good to him since leaving the club. Must be less than that.

I can only agree, as Tinnion said it would have been nice to have someone with experience to lean on. SL tried to keep it within the club,but other senior players were not impressed with the appointment! The job turned into from friends to enemies (bit strong) and they did not want to play for Tinnion. If they did play for him i would not be writing this now. He would not be blaming anyone!

I can only agree, as Tinnion said it would have been nice to have someone with experience to lean on. SL tried to keep it within the club,but other senior players were not impressed with the appointment! The job turned into from friends to enemies (bit strong) and they did not want to play for Tinnion. If they did play for him i would not be writing this now. He would not be blaming anyone!

It was a nightmare appointment. He wasn't the man for the job.

He didn't blame anyone though.

I remain convinced that SL offering and Tins accepting such an important post was a terrible error on both their parts - maybe more so SL because I guess if you are offered a job you always wanted, you would be unlikely to turn it down and it's certain that SL would not offer a top position in his own company to someone with no proven ability or experience. You were doing so well up to here....As for Tins moaning about the views expressed on the forum, football is all about opinions and long may that continue.

So if Tins thinks my moans and those of a few others were instrumental in his demise, he needs to count his brain cells .....so why spoil it with a comment like that? - the only reason he lost his job was because he was a failure.

And like so many, you have misinterpreted what he said. He didnt blame the fans for anything, he simply expressed his frustration at the 10% of gobby ones that can only offer vitriol and hatred, with no constructive comments.

And like so many, you have misinterpreted what he said. He didnt blame the fans for anything, he simply expressed his frustration at the 10% of gobby ones that can only offer vitriol and hatred, with no constructive comments.

So complaining about, Poor signings, Poor tactics, Poor team selection, Poor performances, Poor substitutions, Poor post match cliches is gobby, Just remember where we were (and how close to auto promotion we had been twice) and where he took us and left us.

Yes there was some vitriol, But also there was his glee club, Who have since become the my bleeding red heart club, Who in some bizarre way seem to think that the recent form is down to the new manager.

I think he is lucky it was only 10%.

Talk about 'don't mention the war'.

So complaining about, Poor signings, Poor tactics, Poor team selection, Poor performances, Poor substitutions, Poor post match cliches is gobby, Just remember where we were (and how close to auto promotion we had been twice) and where he took us and left us.

Yes there was some vitriol, But also there was his glee club, Who have since become the my bleeding red heart club, Who in some bizarre way seem to think that the recent form is down to the new manager.

I think he is lucky it was only 10%.

Talk about 'don't mention the war'.

No, there were people on here that hated him.

Anything he done or said was span by certain people on here and hounded him out of the job from day one.

Anything he done or said was span by certain people on here and hounded him out of the job from day one.

I did not, do not, hate him - I just thought he was incompetent and only his own failure to achieve cost him his job.

I'm sorry but there were far more people who span in a positive light on his behalf, Even after the most dire of performances, I don't think anybody hated him.

Archived