IGNORED

Rumour

Keepers Ball

Johnson was going to play Stewart but he declined due to a chance to go on loan at Millwall with a view to a permanent deal and did'nt want to be cup-tied.

Like I said....just a rumour

Why would Johnson put him on the bench if there was an agreement that he wouldn't at any stage take part in the game?

Interesting rumour though.

Why would Johnson put him on the bench if there was an agreement that he wouldn't at any stage take part in the game?

Interesting rumour though.

Thats what I said to my "source".

Oh and another is Johnson supposedly spoke to Bridges who in no uncertain terms is'nt prepared to move on and wants to fight for a place.

Thats what I said to my "source".

Oh and another is Johnson supposedly spoke to Bridges who in no uncertain terms is'nt prepared to move on and wants to fight for a place.

that in a nutshell might be the massive problem GJ has inherited. Unless he persuades players to move on or SL is prepared to tear up contracts we are in for one hell of a fight to get out of this mess. We have the right manager for the job but you have to have massive sympathy for him when either SL, BT or both offered contracts which clearly are not going to be beaten elsewhere.

So the close season went like this - BT found the men he wanted, one by one, an easy sell to come to city, the salaries on offer were grabbed by the players with both arms. SL was happy to pay the salaries based on the word of BT and, presumably, Millen. These two guys are rookies, maybe still with a bright future ahead but for SL to put so much apparent blind faith in their ability to spot talent is now beginning to haunt everyone at Ashton Gate.

Its a right mess make no mistake.

Hows this for another completely unfounded rumour - Stewart back to the Gas with Agogo coming the other way in January - almost a done deal apparently.....

A nice rumour to start, with Agogo scoring 2 today. But cant see Stewart wanting to go to the gas on even less money.

Guest pentlandsl

thats why he's called 'Herr' Dunford; he does it his way and tough cow dun[g]ford to anyone else. he's certainly one in a million that gaffer.

He's also re-laying the PRO 5 pitches in Brislington with a new surface to emulate a February Downs pitch so the Rovers players can train on a surface close to what they are used to - sod the other 540 teams that play on them each week!

Archived