IGNORED

Unsustainable Business Model

thatcham red

This can't go on.

The league game attendances have been masked by counting non attending season ticket holders. Yesterday merely exposed what we've all been suspecting for a long time.

We need to decide whether boycotting games is the best way. If it continues, how long before we have no club to boycott?

IPB Image

for a cup game yesterday.. the fans that went paid quite a bit considerin it was a cup first round game..

Plus it was firework day like.. so maybe alot of people were doing other things..

Block G was dead though :@

If we are true supporters surely we will stick by them through thick and thin(a bit like a marriage). Even though the football is dire and the performances on the field are not acceptable I will still attend matches. I cant simply turn my back on a club I have supported for 17 years. Call me a fool but I wont see this club go down the pan. :(

If we are true supporters surely we will stick by them through thick and thin(a bit like a marriage). Even though the football is dire and the performances on the field are not acceptable I will still attend matches. I cant simply turn my back on a club I have supported for 17 years. Call me a fool but I wont see this club go down the pan. :(

It wont go any where this season, things will calm down, if manager allows, keeps saying "don't judge me to january +this is not my team!" if he thinks that, i will pack his bags so he can go away until January! But sorry GJ you took this team over, there are enough good players to make some kind team! no more grenades! the players you want to get rid of tell them closer the time, be friendly :D

This can't go on.

The league game attendances have been masked by counting non attending season ticket holders. Yesterday merely exposed what we've all been suspecting for a long time.

We need to decide whether boycotting games is the best way. If it continues, how long before we have no club to boycott?

IPB Image

Its all about the money.Take the shirt saga they wanted us to have it WE said we didnt like it and wouldnt buy it so they changed it and we bought it.

I do not like whats being offered by our players or the way some fans are treated so I aint going to buy the ticket anymore till they change it :dunno:

Spot on.

Shut up and get smart - get on with your job Gary old son, you will never beat the players at the game you are playing with them. They'll see you out of the door just like they did Wilson and Tinnion.

You are no different.

Have you wondered why he makes those comments? I'd imagine it's because he knows haow fickle many of our fans are. He knew he'd get criticised as soon as he arrived and he wasn't wrong.

Its all about the money.

Of course it's about money, we are trying to survive.

I personally don't care if people don't turn up, although obviously it doesn't help our financial plight. I was there Saturday and I'd be there if we were bottom of league 2. they lost, so what? It happens, it's life. People decided to support the club, now get behind it. It's not a part time thing- it's a commitment. Just because the board won't open the east end because it costs more (money issue again) and because it attracts hooligans (which it does), people start getting angry and say the board hate them! Crazy! If we were top of the league no-one would care about it but seeing as we are doing badly, they will find any little thing to pick on.

I'm fully behind the board, the players and GJ. Those who booed GJ just haven't got a clue about how to be a football manager and how hard it is going to be to turn this crap around.

Guest redphilc

Have you wondered why he makes those comments? I'd imagine it's because he knows haow fickle many of our fans are. He knew he'd get criticised as soon as he arrived and he wasn't wrong.

In his opening interview one of the key things he said he would be was that he would be "honest". Well he has been honest and some of the players have had a tantrum along with some of our supporters e.g cynic

(Although cynic does state a case whereas the players haven't.)

He was initially briefed with giving his overview of the whole club. He has and it looks like many of our players aren't as good as GJ would like them to be. It is down to SL now to let GJ address this situation by bringing in the players he feels will improve us. Until that happens we will just have to put up with criticism from certain quarters....

Guest North Street

I personally don't care if people don't turn up, although obviously it doesn't help our financial plight. I was there Saturday and I'd be there if we were bottom of league 2. they lost, so what? It happens, it's life. People decided to support the club, now get behind it. It's not a part time thing- it's a commitment. Just because the board won't open the east end because it costs more (money issue again) and because it attracts hooligans (which it does), people start getting angry and say the board hate them! Crazy! If we were top of the league no-one would care about it but seeing as we are doing badly, they will find any little thing to pick on.

I'm fully behind the board, the players and GJ. Those who booed GJ just haven't got a clue about how to be a football manager and how hard it is going to be to turn this crap around.

Simply not true Alex. Fans always moan but the diference between now and 1982 when things really went awry was that supporters felt the club wanted them. Now we have a club that seems helll bent on alienating part of it's support by it's inablity to listen to supporters. I stayed away not because of the team but because of the board.I have thirty years of support behind me, i am season ticket holder, i am a supporters club member,i raised money for Bcfc in 1982, i went to away games in 82 while unemployed when i really should not have,i saw City lose 7-1 at Northampton, i have supported City in all four divisions, i have travelled to Pisa to watch City as well as attending a tour of Scotland, and also attended games in competitions i can no longer even remember the name of but i did not go to watch my team yesterday. I shall be back v Chestefield but do not try to tell me or others i lack commmitment :dance:

Simply not true Alex. Fans always moan but the diference between now and 1982 when things really went awry was that supporters felt the club wanted them. Now we have a club that seems helll bent on alienating part of it's support by it's inablity to listen to supporters. I stayed away not because of the team but because of the board.I have thirty years of support behind me, i am season ticket holder, i am a supporters club member,i raised money for Bcfc in 1982, i went to away games in 82 while unemployed when i really should not have,i saw City lose 7-1 at Northampton, i have supported City in all four divisions, i have travelled to Pisa to watch City as well as attending a tour of Scotland, and also attended games in competitions i can no longer even remember the name of but i did not go to watch my team yesterday. I shall be back v Chestefield but do not try to tell me or others i lack commmitment :dance:

I still fail to see how the board has done this? I didn't say you, in particular, lacked commitment. Their are those not going simply because we don't win anymore.

Nobody was booing GJ yesterday Alex. It was the players who were being booed.

Guest North Street

I still fail to see how the board has done this? I didn't say you, in particular, lacked commitment. Their are those not going simply because we don't win anymore.

Try some of this increasing ticket prices, the catering, the club shirt, that t-shirt thingy, reducing 25% discount on the old Club Membership, scrapping 10% discount on a Season Ticket. charging 35 quid for a brick that won't get used till ??????? for charging supporters extra for sitting in their old Dolman seats because there was a reduced capacity ??????? ,the charge on a credit/debit card from £1/per transaction to £1/ticket now 70p whoopeeeee!!!!, the attitude to g block,the clubs statements like "we do care what happens at other clubs", those silly letters, flags in the Dolman, sitting/standing, profane singing, the club badge fiascooooo :grr: and the mother of all the East End with it's inane excuses which frankly border on embarassing.

Try some of this increasing ticket prices, the catering, the club shirt,that t-shirt thingy, reducing 25% discount on the old Club Membership, scrapping 10% discount on a Season Ticket. charging 35 quid for a brick that won't get used till ??????? for charging supporters extra for sitting in their old Dolman seats because there was a reduced capacity ??????? ,the charge on a credit/debit card from £1/per transaction to £1/ticket now 70p whoopeeeee!!!!, the attitude to g block,the clubs stasements like "we do care what happens at other clubs", those silly letters, the cub badge fiascooooo :grr: and the mother of all the East End with it's inane excuse which frankly border on embarassing.

Increased ticket prices- nearly every club has raised theirs. I'm a student and mine went up the most I believe. We are nowhere near as bad as a lot of clubs in this league- Swindon, Oldham etc.

The Catering- Don't know much about this but surely if you don't like it, don't eat it. Eat before you go in...? I have had a few things and have found them OK.

The Club Shirt- what about it? Surely the club did a good thing by allowing the fans to pick the best one?

T-shirt- Do you mean the polo shirt? This was the supplier's fault which the club has now rectified and given people £10 vouchers, haven't they?

Don't know about the club membership or the 10% discount.

You don't have to buy a brick- why mona about it?! The stand will hopefully still be built and those who want brick can buy one.

They put up prices on the whole in the Dolman didn't they- not because they was going to be a reduced capacity.

Charge on debit card- annoying but surely this doesn't affect you if you are a season ticket holder, or rarely.

Attitude to G- Block- Justified.

Club statements- don't understand you're point

Club Badge- not sure what happened here but fans didn't want it changed, did they change it?

East End- the board have given reasons why it isn't open. Perfectly good reasons too. Whenever I've been in there it's been good but you always get plenty of ifiots who just taunt their fans and are there to cause trouble. Cost of policing also affect this.

I can understand that some of the things the board do upset you but they really are trying to do their best. For example, we have an 'Ask Steve' which he gives up his time to answer. If I was chairman I certainly wouldn't bother wasting my time listening to fans on this one. I'm not saying everything they do is good, and obviously some things are annoying like the credit card charge but I still think they are trying to the best for the club. I don't want to argue, you have been a supporter longer than me and have seen much worse etc but I still feel the board doesn't warrant the criticism it gets.

You sound like a 'proper' fan to me. But we both know that many aren't so committed and I think there are certainly people on here trying to make a meal of things.

Also, as much as I think the reasons SL gave for not reopening the East End were pretty pathetic, I am a little surprised that people have taken it so personally. I don't really feel as passionately about the issue as other people do (although I used to use that stand back in the day) so it doesn't anger me too much (maybe that's why I'm finding it easier to remain positive right now). I'm not sure the club is 'hell-bent' on alienating you but good on you for sticking up for what you believe in.

Kindly explain how treating dozens of season ticket holders like kids is justified?

I can't remember in the exact content of the letter but I remember thinking it was all pretty standard stuff, and there wasn't anything inaccurate in there. It also was aimed at a minority not everyone, it just so happened that everyone in the area was sent a letter. Ignore it if it wasn't you.

Spot on.

Shut up and get smart - get on with your job Gary old son, you will never beat the players at the game you are playing with them. They'll see you out of the door just like they did Wilson and Tinnion.

You are no different.

NOT SURE I AGREE WITH THAT. I THINK JOHNSON HAS EVERY RIGHT TO CHUCK HAND GRENADE LIKE BOLLICKINGS AT THE PLAYERS. PERFORMANCES ARE TRULY SHOCKING NO PASSION NO NOTHING. THIS CLUB NEEDS STABILITY PLAYERS HAVE HAD IT TO EASY FOR TO LONG. JOHNSON HAS EVERY RIGHT TO RIP THEM IN PIECES IN THE DRESSING ROOM IF THAT MEANS DOING IT TILL JANUARY THEN SO BE IT. I don't THINK ANYONE PLAYER WILL SEE HIM OUT THE DOOR. GARY JOHNSON STILL HAS SOMETHING VERY SPECIAL ABOUT HIM

I can't remember in the exact content of the letter but I remember thinking it was all pretty standard stuff, and there wasn't anything inaccurate in there. It also was aimed at a minority not everyone, it just so happened that everyone in the area was sent a letter. Ignore it if it wasn't you.

There have been 3 letters.

There has been 2 main web-site reports specifically mentioning this block and its fans.

There have been stewards stood at the bottom of the stairs looking at us like we are cr@p.

There have been people phoned up on the morning of the game telling them they will not get in to the game as they pushed a steward. This pushing incident was somebody who slipped on the steps and instinctly put his hands forward.

There have been police filming us from over the Williams.

Once again, yet another person who has no clue of what passionate supporters of the club are being subjected too because they choose to try and sit together to create some atmosphere.

If you want to throw around comments like "Attitude to G- Block- Justified", then do it after you know the facts. Even better, come and join us and witness first-hand this clubs true feelings towards a couple of hundred fans trying to support the team.

There has been 2 main web-site reports specifically mentioning this block and its fans.

There have been stewards stood at the bottom of the stairs looking at us like we are cr@p.

There have been people phoned up on the morning of the game telling them they will not get in to the game as they pushed a steward. This pushing incident was somebody who slipped on the steps and instinctly put his hands forward.

Once again, yet another person who has no clue of what passionate supporters of the club are being subjected too because they choose to try and sit together to create some atmosphere.

If you want to throw around comments like "Attitude to G- Block- Justified", then do it after you know the facts. Even better, come and join us and witness first-hand this clubs true feelings towards a couple of hundred fans trying to support the team.

Ok point taken. I don't know all the facts on this one but the letter I saw wasn't anything inaccurate for me. I still think the board do not aim to 'alienate' the fans.

Shouldn't you grow some thicker skin?

I travel to many games by train, often with a group of lads who choose not to wear shirts. I've been pushed around by police, victimised by police and stewards, sworn at by police, abused and threatened by rival fans.

It's water off a ducks back, get on with it is what I'd say...

I sit in block g and have been told off a couple of times this season for hand gesticulation and the like! Can't say I'm happy with that scenario, but hell I'm not going to let the stewards and the club win...

If you want to get your message across then I would suggest there are better ways of doing it than not turning up.

Increased ticket prices- nearly every club has raised theirs. I'm a student and mine went up the most I believe. We are nowhere near as bad as a lot of clubs in this league- Swindon, Oldham etc.

The Catering- Don't know much about this but surely if you don't like it, don't eat it. Eat before you go in...? I have had a few things and have found them OK.

The Club Shirt- what about it? Surely the club did a good thing by allowing the fans to pick the best one?

T-shirt- Do you mean the polo shirt? This was the supplier's fault which the club has now rectified and given people £10 vouchers, haven't they?

Don't know about the club membership or the 10% discount.

You don't have to buy a brick- why mona about it?! The stand will hopefully still be built and those who want brick can buy one.

They put up prices on the whole in the Dolman didn't they- not because they was going to be a reduced capacity.

Charge on debit card- annoying but surely this doesn't affect you if you are a season ticket holder, or rarely.

Attitude to G- Block- Justified.

Club statements- don't understand you're point

Club Badge- not sure what happened here but fans didn't want it changed, did they change it?

East End- the board have given reasons why it isn't open. Perfectly good reasons too. Whenever I've been in there it's been good but you always get plenty of ifiots who just taunt their fans and are there to cause trouble. Cost of policing also affect this.

I can understand that some of the things the board do upset you but they really are trying to do their best. For example, we have an 'Ask Steve' which he gives up his time to answer. If I was chairman I certainly wouldn't bother wasting my time listening to fans on this one. I'm not saying everything they do is good, and obviously some things are annoying like the credit card charge but I still think they are trying to the best for the club. I don't want to argue, you have been a supporter longer than me and have seen much worse etc but I still feel the board doesn't warrant the criticism it gets.

"plenty of idiots who taunt their fans" hey they are just in different parts of the ground now, don't see other parts of the ground being treated like the E.E.

"Cost of policing" depends on who we are playing not where City fans are;

Cant really understand this cost excuse as stewards etc are eachside of very few away fans every game;

City fans should be allowed in the E.E. and any who break the rules should be dealt with as in other parts of the ground :dunno:

Other groups of fans i.e g block are being treated like kids for trying to inject some life back into the ground, when other areas are being ignored for doing the same things; ie you can put a flag up in the Atyeo but not in the Dullman :dunno: etc,etc,etc,

Opening the E.E. would bring some life back and would of made a hell of a difference on Saturday but its to much "hassle" :grr::grr::grr:

"plenty of idiots who taunt their fans" hey they are just in different parts of the ground now, don't see other parts of the ground being treated like the E.E.

"Cost of policing" depends on who we are playing not where City fans are;

Cant really understand this cost excuse as stewards etc are eachside of very few away fans every game;

City fans should be allowed in the E.E. and any who break the rules should be dealt with as in other parts of the ground :dunno:

Other groups of fans i.e g block are being treated like kids for trying to inject some life back into the ground, when other areas are being ignored for doing the same things; ie you can put a flag up in the Atyeo but not in the Dullman :dunno: etc,etc,etc,

Opening the E.E. would bring some life back and would of made a hell of a difference on Saturday but its to much "hassle" :grr::grr::grr:

Yes there are plenty of idiots still in the ground but the EE attracts more of these types. Also it doesn't matter if these idiots are still watching in other parts as they can't taunt the away fans because they are so far away from them. It's always bound to cause more trouble after the game if you have had people taunting the away fans right next to them throughout the game.

There would have to be many more stewards if they opened the EE and many more staff/resources like Police, people on the gate, catering etc.

I for one enjoy the EE but I can understand why it is shut.

If you want to get your message across then I would suggest there are better ways of doing it than not turning up.

True. I could make some points to the chairman on his forum and see if he is concerned about my feelings.

Oh yeah! ;)

Archived