IGNORED

Stewart On Way Out?

tompo

Lets hope not eh..............................

Ok, he has hardly set the world alight but no other player has either.

MS is a quality proven goalscorer and given the right service would have 30 goals a season in this division......................oh and he is also a city lad.

No doubt he will move on though................the club are losing the plot in every way.

Guest ashtonyate

Lets hope not eh..............................

Ok, he has hardly set the world alight but no other player has either.

MS is a quality proven goalscorer and given the right service would have 30 goals a season in this division......................oh and he is also a city lad.

No doubt he will move on though................the club are losing the plot in every way.

yes its sad but i don't think we have the players here to use is skill and his wages money will give Johnson more scope to bring the players we need right now if he does go good luck to him it just did not work out

what i don't nderstand is a team in a leauge above you with the migthy Barry Hayles. wants to sign a player from a leauge below who cant hit a barn door?

No striker can hit a barn door if you don't manage to get them the ball.

We shouldn't be letting Stewart go we should be strengthening the team in midfield and on the left side and trying to pull together.

Nibor

Havn' t seen the WDP

Is there anything from the club on this?

or just speculation following his being left on the bench on Sat?

With hindsight we should have kept Heff , - see he got 2 on Sat - Stewart has been disapointing but I always thought Bridges was a gamble given his fitness/lack of football for the last 3/4 years.

I suppose if Stewart does go his agent will want the remaining 1.5 years of his contract paid up ?

Brooker/Heff would be as good as any front 2 in this leagueat the moment

I would be very disapointed to see Stewart leave BCFC.Like some others I feel he's not been getting the service and because of that we see him playing along the edge of the 18 yard box instead around the 6 yard box.It would be a great shame if he left.

The guy's a natural born goalscorer.He record shows just how good he is despite any pace to speak of which makes his record even more impressive.

If he goes to another club they'll play to his strengths and he'll start banging in the goals.

The article could be his agent spicing things up before the transfer window. Let the club know who else is interested if it goes sour.

IMHO I'd like to see him stay. I doubt whether we've seen him at 100% yet and his track record speaks for itself. It's always going to take a while for someone to settle.

If we get some confidence back in the squad I'll bet my tackle at a barn dance we'll see him rattling them in!

I would be very disapointed to see Stewart leave BCFC.Like some others I feel he's not been getting the service and because of that we see him playing along the edge of the 18 yard box instead around the 6 yard box.It would be a great shame if he left.

The guy's a natural born goalscorer.He record shows just how good he is despite any pace to speak of which makes his record even more impressive.

If he goes to another club they'll play to his strengths and he'll start banging in the goals.

All of that is true but I don't think it is Stewart the player that we are looking to get rid of - it is Stewart the wage. The plan for paying out way above the norm for a player at this level must have been being around the top 6 and an average gate of 12-15k. With no income from cups and no likelihood of full houses at the end of the season the club has to review the business model and ship out those players outside of a typical league 1 wage structure.

I'd guess GJ is also sure in his own mind that he can get better value for money in a simple ratio of goals scored for £ in wages.

No striker can hit a barn door if you don't manage to get them the ball.

We shouldn't be letting Stewart go we should be strengthening the team in midfield and on the left side and trying to pull together.

Nibor

Multiple chances missed against Brentford (a) the same against barnet (a) and loads more missed in other games, MS is way past his best I am afraid. We cannot afford to have a striker who misses so many chances and still gets paid £6k PER WEEK.

BCAGFC

Here you go.

http://www.westpress.co.uk/displayNode.jsp...wsNodeId=145797

Personally I think Bridges should stay. From what I've seen of him and Stewart I would say that Bridges is the one most likely to make an impact. I can't understand what has gone wrong for him. Must be more to it than meets the eye.

But it sounds like Bridges Dog has more energy and dominance than Bridges himself :w00t:

Multiple chances missed against Brentford (a) the same against barnet (a) and loads more missed in other games, MS is way past his best I am afraid. We cannot afford to have a striker who misses so many chances and still gets paid £6k PER WEEK.

BCAGFC

Brentford? The game where he scored one, won a penalty and had one disallowed?

Barnet I didn't see but if that's the only example you can come up with it's hardly a damning indictment.

I agree we can't afford 6 grand a week. Good thing that's not what he's earning eh?

Nibor

All of that is true but I don't think it is Stewart the player that we are looking to get rid of - it is Stewart the wage. The plan for paying out way above the norm for a player at this level must have been being around the top 6 and an average gate of 12-15k. With no income from cups and no likelihood of full houses at the end of the season the club has to review the business model and ship out those players outside of a typical league 1 wage structure.

I'd guess GJ is also sure in his own mind that he can get better value for money in a simple ratio of goals scored for £ in wages.

could be part of the problem down there is Stewarts wages, with some of the other players abit resentful etc, etc, thought that I had heard reports that Brooker had a go, (don,t know how true this) about what stewart gets paid, could see it causing problems , if you are a player who has been there for afew years earning £2500ish per week, Then stewart comes in earning £5000, might get peoples backs up!

just a thought.

Brentford? The game where he scored one, won a penalty and had one disallowed?

Barnet I didn't see but if that's the only example you can come up with it's hardly a damning indictment.

I agree we can't afford 6 grand a week. Good thing that's not what he's earning eh?

Nibor

i thought he was on £8,000 a week. or so my source/mole tells me!

Just like Tinnion, Stewart and Bridges were a mistake. Now nobody gets up in the morning and says 'What shall I bugger up today' but cock ups happen. Good management, both at boardroom and dressing room level is to both minimise mistakes and to put right ones that have been made, and quickly.

If GJ can dump these two as soon as possible we might see the start of him building his own team.

Too many duff decisions were made during the Tinnion experiment, and bringing back two of his old mates under our 'send them back if they don't work out' selling policy is something else to learn from.

Bridges is a sick note and Stewart is past it, lets move on

At this level a player like stewart is a luxury. We simply can't build a team to play to his strength of being "sniffer".

As has been said, his shooting from distance is not good (or pathetic may be a better word), he obviously is not a threat in the air, and he creates nothing for himself. He does not scare opposition defences, even the fourth division one of barnet coped easily with him!!

He would need to score 35+ goals a season to justify his wages.

Plus as the gliders say, it would appear he has had a bust up with the manager, so if we can free up his wages it would go a long way towards building a new squad that the manager wants!!

It`s got nothin` ta do with him not scoring an not gettin`

the service, he`s leavin cos of the bust up he`s ad

with Mr Johnson!

If that cider glider info is correct then Marcus Stewart will be history to this club. A great shame as Marcus Stewart's signing promised so much but delivered so little.

Archived