IGNORED

Motivation Please

E Block

Yes he needs time, but, how much time do we have?

Mr Johnson, you have our support but patience is wearing thin.

:city:

So, Mr Johnson, there's a warning for you. You've been here five minutes, you haven't made a silk purse out of a sow's ear and reading this post it looks like we'll have another manager in before christmas to work with the the same sow's ears.

So, Mr Johnson, there's a warning for you. You've been here five minutes, you haven't made a silk purse out of a sow's ear and reading this post it looks like we'll have another manager in before christmas to work with the the same sow's ears.

Can we wait til Christmas!!!! :dunno:

My concern is that the same players that Johnson has at his disposal are pretty much the same ones that put three past both Brentford and B'sley.

If they could perform then why can't they perform now?

The common denominator is Johnson who its felt is superb when it comes to dealing with young players like Cotterill,Skuse and Brown but who finds it much harder to handle experienced pro's like Stewart,Carey and Murray.

His "big stick" attitude may be effective with the boys but the older guys don't always to respond positively to heavy handedness.

He needs to adapt his approach to an individual level.

The common denominator is Johnson who its felt is superb when it comes to dealing with young players like Cotterill,Skuse and Brown but who finds it much harder to handle experienced pro's like Stewart,Carey and Murray.

I have no reason to believe that he struggles with handling older players.

Take from me - he does!

One or two in particular.

Well I presumed you had some inside knowledge to be making a statement like that.

Mind you, a certain goalkeeper has a right to feel hard done by considering his unwarranted dropping! Oh god I've started that argument again Robbored - don't bite!

My concern is that the same players that Johnson has at his disposal are pretty much the same ones that put three past both Brentford and B'sley.

If they could perform then why can't they perform now?

His "big stick" attitude may be effective with the boys but the older guys don't always to respond positively to heavy handedness.

He needs to adapt his approach to an individual level.

Intrigued... how do you arrive at the conclusion that he "finds it much harder to handle experienced pro's"? If this truly is the case then we really have a problem for we already have personnel in place to manage the academy set-up! EVERY league team in the country has what we have a mixture of assets,some learning their trade with question marks on their potential,journey-man pro's operating in a comfort zone,and a few older pro's with dwindling skills.

Tinnion was murdered on here by most for his lack of experience,I really hope your assumption that G.J. needs to learn new skills is off the mark for I had thought we had secured the services of a pretty "savvy" experienced operator.

Intrigued... how do you arrive at the conclusion that he "finds it much harder to handle experienced pro's"? If this truly is the case then we really have a problem for we already have personnel in place to manage the academy set-up! EVERY league team in the country has what we have a mixture of assets,some learning their trade with question marks on their potential,journey-man pro's operating in a comfort zone,and a few older pro's with dwindling skills.

Tinnion was murdered on here by most for his lack of experience,I really hope your assumption that G.J. needs to learn new skills is off the mark for I had thought we had secured the services of a pretty "savvy" experienced operator.

I don't have the inside knowledge but we can assume that Stewart is an example. From what has been reported he wasn't the model professional himself though.

Personally I think the players should at least initially respect that a manager knows more about the game than they do and concentrate on their own jobs. I hope the City player's aren't just being difficult to manage out of petulence.

Guest redphilc

Take from me - he does!

One or two in particular.

When you are told, "What do you know? your just a fat little conference manager!" you are bound to have a problem with the "One or two in particular."

At the end of the day if they love the club they need to get their act together and forget who their boss is and go and play football to the best of their ability.

Players have too much power these days and the tables need turning.

Gary Johnson was appointed manager , he is in charge and what he says goes. The players who have egos need to take a long hard look in a mirror and start to take on board what they are being told and act on it. Starting with Doncaster away this saturday. I have spent a lot of money on train tickets and want to see some effort from our team.

Archived