IGNORED

1958 Cup Game Footage

Red Ferret

The footage also forms part of a City video with the actor who plays Baldrick doing the links. The match ended 3-4 for anyone who doesn't already know and Watkins missed a penalty though in the intervewi for the video he says "actually it was saved, I didn't miss it". The heavy pitch, heavy ball, liberla use of now dangerous rattles and non segregation stand out. The prize for the winner was a place in the 6th round of the FA cup but Rovers lost the next game and didn't get to the semis. I think that was the year the Rovers ended up about 8th in Div 2, their highest ever and one of the few times Rovers have ever ended up higher than City

I read up on this game in one of the City history books. The crowd that day was 39,126 with most of them standing and unsegregated. The gate money totalled £5,400 which means they paid an average of 14p to get in.

From what I've heard from elderly relatives, as well as City and Rovers being unsegregated they used to take turns singing each others club songs. :dance: Also, aggro between City and Rovers fans was almost unheard of.

Archived