IGNORED

Phillips Excuse

England

I find it all very alarming.

The one thing us fans need to see and hear is that our "stars" (yeah right), are up for the challenges ahead and are not going to shirk their responsibilities or hide behind excuses.

That's knackered then! :whistle:

I'm alright Jack, not my fault!

Well guys ...how do you all know??? have you played with them both ???

bounced them both?

kicked them ??

all NO!!

So I'm backing Phillips after all he is a Player at City ,so get off there back PLEASEEE1!!!

tINS IS RIGHT THIS FORUM IS SOO DANGEROUS

I think the fact that he has removed himself from all blame is a bit strange. Maybe he could take some of the blame but mention the whole ball thing but to say he was in no way responsible is a bit irritating.

I think it would have been better for him to have said nothing, or at least keep that conversation between him and his team mates and manager. Bringing it up again a few days after the event is a bit silly. I think most of us have reluctantly come to terms with the fact we are out of all cups, whatever Phillips says isn't going to change that and may only annoy people further.

• Admin

Well guys ...how do you all know??? have you played with them both ???

bounced them both?

kicked them ??

all NO!!

So I'm backing Phillips after all he is a Player at City ,so get off there back PLEASEEE1!!!

tINS IS RIGHT THIS FORUM IS SOO DANGEROUS

Or maybe the guys that designed the ball are the only one's that really know... after all how many goalies were complaining of the ball ??

A Spokeman for Mitre said "We design a different ball each year for the FA Cup and although the look and feel is different, it is exactly the same model: the Pro 100T"

Which translates to it probably felt different when he was picking it out of the net ! :@

Like other people on this forum I can't believe the Steve Phillips 'excuse story' on the website today.

I can't believe the club decided to publish it.

Not for the first time we see a story which is bound to lead to the ridicule of a player or member of staff at the club. Surely this is counterproductive and unnecessary ? Ok, so Phillips says something daft (again), but why repeat it for the amusement of the fans ?

The most incredible example of these 'own goals' was, of course, the infamous Danny Wilson story after the defeat at the millenium stadium. The headline 'defeat is not a failure' coupled with a grinning picture of Danny Wilson really angered many fans and put another nail in his coffin.

I'm not saying any of this is deliberate, but surely the club realises the effect these stories have ?

Like other people on this forum I can't believe the Steve Phillips 'excuse story' on the website today.

I can't believe the club decided to publish it.

Not for the first time we see a story which is bound to lead to the ridicule of a player or member of staff at the club. Surely this is counterproductive and unnecessary ?

Very good point Andy - would the club's (part time) media consultant really allow material to be published such as to influence people's opinions of his BCFC colleagues past, present or future?

The most incredible example of these 'own goals' was, of course, the infamous Danny Wilson story after the defeat at the millenium stadium. The headline 'defeat is not a failure' coupled with a grinning picture of Danny Wilson really angered many fans and put another nail in his coffin.

Particularly as the story appeared just above an article headlined "Winning is everything!".

Archived