IGNORED

Match Officials - Swindon

Maesknoll Red

Hoe come we always get this bloke twice a season this happened last season. We are yet to win with him in charge for ages. HE is the worst ref ive seen in years. My mate saw the stoke v coventry game a few seasons back and he booked 10 players and it wasnt even a dirty game :angry:

Its a local derby so they put in a referee who cant do his job properly :@

In the Sheffield United game in he managed to book Phillips and give a free kick to them when Phillips handled the ball outside the area cos the lino had flagged for offside. It seemed like the ref had given the free kick but aparently hadn't. He was awful in the Huddersfield game, no consistency in his decisions. And does seem to give cards for nothing.

Oh no! He is by far the worst referee I've ever seen! Before the Huddersfield away game this season I told my mate to watch out for the dodgy ref. Hey presto, he sends Wilkshire off (straight red)for the most innocous thing ever and gave Hudds fouls everytime a 50/50 ball occured. He really is a bit of a joke I'm afraid!

98/99

37 141 / 16

City 2 v 0 Sheff. Utd. bkd. Akinbiyi, Doherty & Shail. Sc. Bell & Akinbiyi. Att: 11134. 5/12/98

Was that the game where we had a pen awarded for no apparent reason?

If I remember rightly the players were walking back up the pitch for the goal kick and the ref awarded a pen! Both sets of fans and players looked bemused!

Another one of those decisions for us tomorrow night would do nicely :pray:

*Also that game was Steve Phillips debut and if I am not mistaken was Benny's first win in charge.

Was that the game where we had a pen awarded for no apparent reason?

If I remember rightly the players were walking back up the pitch for the goal kick and the ref awarded a pen! Both sets of fans and players looked bemused!

Another one of those decisions for us tomorrow night would do nicely

He repaid us for that when he gifted Torquay the pen on opening day of last season. I see the point about him making sure he's the centre of attention on TV has already been made. He is as poor as they come even by today's low standards.

Chris, as you are 'in charge' of picking our refs can't you pick us a good one! :D

The only time you have excelled yourself this season is when you selected Mr Clattenburg (sp?) against Barnsley, I liked him! :wub: Well I liked the 3-0!

Oh no! He is by far the worst referee I've ever seen! Before the Huddersfield away game this season I told my mate to watch out for the dodgy ref. Hey presto, he sends Wilkshire off (straight red)for the most innocous thing ever and gave Hudds fouls everytime a 50/50 ball occured. He really is a bit of a joke I'm afraid!

What did I say? Anyone wanna tell me it was a sending off? Cos I sure as hell didn't even think it was a foul. Andy Hall, f##k off

I have had the mispleasure of watching one of the singularly most unimpressive and inconsistent performances I've ever seen by a ref last.

The sending off was dubious but I guess he could have been right but some of his other decisions beggar belief.

Our players got pulled up and booked for seemingly inoccuous challenges and then he does not even give Fallon a talking to for probably the most theatrical dive seen this side of an olympic swimming pool. Later Roberts comes on and commits several fouls - nothing. For one of the he even let the ball run out of play as he launched himself at (I think) Bradley Orr. Whats all that about?

I thought the ref looked familiar and reading this thread I now know why. He was the clown who deemed that Peacock had passed a ball back to Phillips in the game v Hartlepool a couple of seasons ago. Peacock was just inside our half and completely miscued an attempted volley.

Andy Hall is totally inept.

Actually, I thought he had a decent game. Remember, he doesn't ref for one side...he just refs what he sees. He gave us an early penalty...was strong enough to have it re-taken and sent off Sankofa, which by the letter of the law he had no option with, although it was tough on the player and City. Those were the only two big decisions...and he got them both right.

The Youga shorts thing was interesting. Cityknow the rules...you can't wear a different colour under your shorts. GJ said the linesman had oked it but he should know better. It's a small thing but attention to detail helps with the big things.

Nothing else made much difference

The bottom line is that the ref did not cost us the game. We were poor in the first-half despite getting a great start - if only we couild score the first goal said GJ. Well we did and look what happened....

The man was a disaster last night. He was incredibly inconsitent. Miglioranzi caught someone with a late, high lunge midway through the 1st half and he didn't even get booked.

The sending off was ridiculous. The retaken penalty was absurd. Grant Smith's booking was laughable.

The man was a buffoon.

Archived