IGNORED

Basso Or Philips?

RedM

I thought Basso looked confident and assured. Neither of the goals were his fault. The commentators did say that he spoke little English!

Will gary put philips back now after his rest or has Basso shown enough to keep his place? What about the ex-arsenal 'keeper , he'll want to feature aswell?

Guest alex1089

Basso to start for me, not tested properly tonight and not faulted for the 2 goals atall and came out for corners and plucked the ball out of the air when phillips woulden't have. Phillips is still a good goalie he just needs pressure for his place and we now have that.

Guest BCFC_JOHNERZ_88

not really the problem position for me. basso looked ok, but didn't think phillips was that bad before to be honest.

if only basso was a brazillian midfield playmaker instead of a keeper, cause thats what we really need right now...

oh well

i still cant belive phillips blamed the ball for a goal against notts county :w00t:

Basso to start for me, not tested properly tonight and not faulted for the 2 goals atall and came out for corners and plucked the ball out of the air when phillips woulden't have. Phillips is still a good goalie he just needs pressure for his place and we now have that.

Disagree, I think play Phillips!

He's now seen that he won't play every game just because he has for the last few seasons, and its time to put him back in and let him earn his place!

Should act as a kick up the back side

Guest Ronmeister

Adriano Basso. Phillips made more mistakes in his last 2 games than in the 46 league games before.

Basso has done nothing wrong, Stevie has. Basso teh winner.

Basso we need a change as Stevie was in the comfort zone.

Give Basso 10 games so he can settle and then make a decision. Nothing I saw last night made me think he is any worse can Phillips.

All I would say is he was more alert and seem to read the game well to remove pressure.

Phillips has proved himself to be one of the best Keepers in Div 1 (Div 3 in real terms) over the past 4 years, and saved us on a number of occasions. He took a lot of stick for the goal conceded against Doncaster, but Skuse, who gave the ball away initially got no criticism, nor the defence who failed to close Eastwood down. As for Notts County, he was not the only person to query the ball used for the FA Cup.

No criticism of Basso, he looked OK, but was not really tested by a very poor Swindon side - Against better teams will he save us as Phillips has done on a number of occasions? To me, it just defies any logic.

• Admin

Phillips for me, every time the ball went towards Basso I got nervous, ok no reason for me to but I`d much rather see phillips there.

I can remember that feeling when Steve got his chance at home to Sheffield United all those years ago.

To be honest it is far to early to judge Basso on one 90 minute performance.

As much as it must hurt Steve being dropped after being so close to breaking Mike Gibson's record, I honestly believe he will benefit from the "break" - will be interesting to see if he knuckles down now or has a strop and vanishes into reserve football

Basso seemed quick to impress and was eager to clear the ball very early at times. This worked well against Swindon but I feel that Basso lacks in experience cosndiering that we are one of the higher teams he's played for. Catch 22 really - if given the expereience things might not fold out the way we would hope, but then again if he;s never given the experiecne he won't develop as a player.

Phillips was okay on friday, not really comparable to the Phillips we saw last season against everton, but then again thats a completely different scenario. However, I was late for the match and missed the first 40 minutes so I don't think that allows me to comment much on Phillips. Any offers?

Guest REDCIDERARMY

I feel sorry for steve was almost there for the record set by mike gibson for the most cosecutive games,he has saved us on many a occassion and why he was dropped was ridiculous,infact I reckon he would of saved the first at Swindon anyway yet another dissapointment this season

I don't. It was a good finish and it was faffing around that allowed the shot on goal.

Phillips for me anyday. First goal caused by the fact that no one in the defence knew what they were doing. SP in goal would have ensured that they were awake whereas Basso was trying to remember the words for "Mark Terry McDermotts son because he has a good shot on him" . As for all the crosses which he collected - don't remember too many , do recall him coming for a corner and then retreating back and also dropping a cross which luckily landed at his feet. There was also the incident where he nearly handled outside the area. On the other hand don't remember one serious save whereas I think you will find that SP has made quite a few this season. Seems some people have selective memories!

If you guys want to put your faith in Wokings no 1 who doesnt speak much English then more fool you. Personally I would stick with a guy who is a City fan, come up through the youth team and shown loyalty and consistency. Just like for Danny Coles,Matt Hill, Tom Doc, Leroy Lita (who all had their critics) you will all be crying in your beer when he has gone !

Phillips for me anyday. First goal caused by the fact that no one in the defence knew what they were doing. SP in goal would have ensured that they were awake whereas Basso was trying to remember the words for "Mark Terry McDermotts son because he has a good shot on him" . As for all the crosses which he collected - don't remember too many , do recall him coming for a corner and then retreating back and also dropping a cross which luckily landed at his feet. There was also the incident where he nearly handled outside the area. On the other hand don't remember one serious save whereas I think you will find that SP has made quite a few this season. Seems some people have selective memories!

If you guys want to put your faith in Wokings no 1 who doesnt speak much English then more fool you. Personally I would stick with a guy who is a City fan, come up through the youth team and shown loyalty and consistency. Just like for Danny Coles,Matt Hill, Tom Doc, Leroy Lita (who all had their critics) you will all be crying in your beer when he has gone !

I don't know which yet but on the basis of Friday, Basso. No way would Phillips have saved either goal. And apart from that free kick where you could argue that Murray was off the pitch and that was his man, Basso was good with set pieces and came out for corners. Infact Swindon didn't look like scoring from corners and it is the first team that hasn't against us for ages. Basso came out for a couple and this makes me more confident in him already. His kicking was superb against the wind and he came out well enough. Keep him in for now.

Nothing against Basso and we need competition, but Phillip's has saved us again again over the last few years, he'd have to have 3/4 stinkers before I left him out.

On siimilar lines though I might not agree with this particular team selection, I do admire GJ for making it we need and are getting a stiff broom.

Phillips is the BEST goalkeeper in the division and although he hasnt showered himself in glory this season he should be number one because of his commitment and service, I was nervous everytime the ball went near Basso and I bet phillips would have got a vital touch on one of the goals and also would have sorted the wall out for the first one because he can actually talk english, I think GJ will turn it around but i Disagree in putting a non-league player in our first team end of.

Guest MaloneFM

Flappy ALL the way.

The form has dipped a bit because you can't play behind a poor defence and keep teams out on your own and stay confident.

But Flappy's the man.

Archived