IGNORED

Basso Or Philips?

RedM

Phillips is the BEST goalkeeper in the division and although he hasnt showered himself in glory this season he should be number one because of his commitment and service, I was nervous everytime the ball went near Basso and I bet phillips would have got a vital touch on one of the goals and also would have sorted the wall out for the first one because he can actually talk english, I think GJ will turn it around but i Disagree in putting a non-league player in our first team end of.

It's the opposite for me. I'm nervous everytime Phillips goes near the ball and felt much more confident with Basso. Don't agree about your point about the free kick as Phillips is one of the worst in the league for set pieces- he was lining up the wall and you don't expect the players to fall asleep like that. Also he wouldn't have saved either of the goals.

phillips is leaving in the transfer period.

he's put both his houses up for sale and can't have been best pleased to lose his place to basso.

we need to find a new long term keeper asap.

Blimey, that really is chucking your toys out of the pram!!!

Maybe he just wants more room as he's recently had a baby?

Even if he does move to another team there can't be many clubs without competition for his place. I think it's a good thing, long overdue. We we treading on very thin ice towards the end oflast season, he was only a booking away from suspension and injuries can happen at any time, on or off the pitch!

Phillips is a great keeper and it's nice to be in the position where we have 2 decent keepers fighting for their place.

Basso did nothing wrong against Swindon, so should keep his place for at least as long as he isn't making mistakes.

Although people are pointing out that Phillips might have saved the Swindon goals on Friday (which is debatable), there were a number of occasions where Basso was very quick to come off his line and gather the ball, where Phillips might have hesitated - and these could have turned into goalscoring opportunities.

Archived