IGNORED

Before You Rant About The Ref

Guest stfc_dave

Guest brizzlered1

Easy?

And you got outplayed by 10 men who have shown very little passion for this club until tonight.

Fair result would have been a draw but it wasn't to be. See you at Ashton, lets hope we send you down when you come to us in need of a win to have a chance of staying up in the final week of the season and we sned you home contemplating a west country derby with our local fellows!

Guest brizzlered1

3 points still from where we are in the league though

Thats ok, you've enjoyed your recent good form but it won't last. My highlight of the season will see you get relegated at Ashton. If its to be it will happen, if not, then see you next season for some more fun! :city:

STFC dave,

I'm all for fellow fans from other clubs coming on our site and having a decent debate, but you,ve had a pig there mate! Your team were awfull, got outplayed and out battled by ten men for the whole of the second half.The refs red card descision was diabolical and you know it.I will make you any bet you like right here, right now that we finish a long way above you.....??????

I must admit my view from nationwide, heaton was a bit off his line. But i am going to watch the game in a min, i recorded it

He was and their was slight encrochement(SP) but it was harsh. I don't think it should have given. The ref was poor all game. I still think the Sankofa sending off was wrong and making Youga change his undershort things...We only had 9 men on for the first goal and 10 for the 2nd. Swindon failed to score when we had 11 on and failed to make a chance in the whole 2nd half against 10 men with the worst defensive record in the football league.

Guest Dorset Red

Easy?

And you got outplayed by 10 men who have shown very little passion for this club until tonight.

Fair result would have been a draw but it wasn't to be.

I was at the game and I thought you lot played ok in the second half. However, I've just watched the whole of Sky's coverage on video and you actually had far less chances than I thought you did. You were fortunate with the frist goal as there are many referees who wouldn't have had that penalty taken again. As for our goals, I'm afraid your defence were shown up! In the second half you only posed two serious threats on goal and our defence stood up well throughout. The biggest chance came when Jerel Ifil made his customary mistake (compeltely missing a clearance) and your boy Brooker failed to capitalise on it. Other than that, your lot huffed and puffed but did little of any consequence and rarely even penetrated our 18 yard box.

A draw would NOT have been a fair result. That was the poorest Brizzle team I have seen for many years and they got exactly the result they deserved. You need to sort the management situation. I'd say in all honesty that you could do far worse than to give Andy King a job. Despite his sacking he did a good job here at Swindon on a budget of zero.

Your pansy went down like a ..... well, pansy really.

And Fallons dive in the box in second half was pathetic - tell me, do you teach your Swinetown players to behave like foreign ######s?

Have watched the replay of that incident and it didn't look like a dive to me. His back foot was caught by your players hand. Fallon went down, but then GOT BACK UP to chase the ball. He made no great fuss about the incident and there were no hysterics from the players about not getting a penalty. I don't see that there's anything to grumble about.

As for the red card. I agree it was probably a bit harsh BUT, the referee saw Bouazza running through on goal and he saw the contact from the alst defender. Under the new laws he really had no option but to send the guy off.

I guess it's just a matter of luck. We lost 7 games in a row when we really only deserved to loose two of them. When your luck's out, your luck's out! You just have to take it on the chin and keep plugging away. However, I have to say that your current team is probably the worst Bristol City side I've seen for many years. I think you've got a long way to go before you can start feeling good about your team again.

I was at the game and I thought you lot played ok in the second half. However, I've just watched the whole of Sky's coverage on video and you actually had far less chances than I thought you did. You were fortunate with the frist goal as there are many referees who wouldn't have had that penalty taken again. As for our goals, I'm afraid your defence were shown up! In the second half you only posed two serious threats on goal and our defence stood up well throughout. The biggest chance came when Jerel Ifil made his customary mistake (compeltely missing a clearance) and your boy Brooker failed to capitalise on it. Other than that, your lot huffed and puffed but did little of any consequence and rarely even penetrated our 18 yard box.

A draw would NOT have been a fair result. That was the poorest Brizzle team I have seen for many years and they got exactly the result they deserved. You need to sort the management situation. I'd say in all honesty that you could do far worse than to give Andy King a job. Despite his sacking he did a good job here at Swindon on a budget of zero.

Have watched the replay of that incident and it didn't look like a dive to me. His back foot was caught by your players hand. Fallon went down, but then GOT BACK UP to chase the ball. He made no great fuss about the incident and there were no hysterics from the players about not getting a penalty. I don't see that there's anything to grumble about.

As for the red card. I agree it was probably a bit harsh BUT, the referee saw Bouazza running through on goal and he saw the contact from the alst defender. Under the new laws he really had no option but to send the guy off.

I guess it's just a matter of luck. We lost 7 games in a row when we really only deserved to loose two of them. When your luck's out, your luck's out! You just have to take it on the chin and keep plugging away. However, I have to say that your current team is probably the worst Bristol City side I've seen for many years. I think you've got a long way to go before you can start feeling good about your team again.

Agree with you about the Fallon incident. He didn't dive and it wasn't a penalty. Still wasn't a sending off for me, maybe not even a foul as he just muscled the guy off.

I thought considering we had 10 men and even 9 for some of the game we did well and a point wouldn't have been unjust. You failed to score when we had 11 on the pitch and didn't even create a chance of note in the 2nd half against 10 men with the worst away defence in the country. We didn't create much but there were plenty of anxious Swindon fans hoping it would end.

Guest Dorset Red

You failed to score when we had 11 on the pitch and didn't even create a chance of note in the 2nd half against 10 men with the worst away defence in the country. We didn't create much but there were plenty of anxious Swindon fans hoping it would end.

After all is said and done, we scored twice in the first half and didn't need to score in the second. Job done.

After all is said and done, we scored twice in the first half and didn't need to score in the second. Job done.

Agreed. If we had of had 11 men on the pitch instead of 9 or 10 I don't think we would have had any problems but we will never know. Also not many sides have problems putting 3 or 4 past us when we have 11.

The sending off was one of those. Seen them given, seen them waved on.

Compare and contrast with the challange on Rooney in the box today. Was he fouled? Was the defender just using his strength? I shouted penalty - but not given and a very similiar incident!

STFC Dave, see you next season- YOU'VE gotta come to Brizzle TWICE, and probably Yeovil too. Beating us wasnt that difficult to predict was it now-worst away record in all four leagues

Your lot couldnt beat a poor ten man City by more than one goal, in fact we were the better side as per Sky Sports in the 2nd half. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm bodes well eh.

Oh and the ref was kack vitually a homer after the first 20 minutes. Still couldnt hear much of you lot singing 2-1 and we're getting soaked, quality fans, something we didnt hear from the home fans-and you lot were winning most of the game.... :dunno: Wossat all abaht then???.

CTID, and so say all of us.

The sending off was one of those. Seen them given, seen them waved on.

Compare and contrast with the challange on Rooney in the box today. Was he fouled? Was the defender just using his strength? I shouted penalty - but not given and a very similiar incident!

Difference being, the guy didn't touch Rooney, just got in front of him and Rooney, quite reasonably tried it on - he had a good game apart from giving the ball away which indirectly led to their 2nd goal

Difference being, the guy didn't touch Rooney, just got in front of him and Rooney, quite reasonably tried it on - he had a good game apart from giving the ball away which indirectly led to their 2nd goal

Are we talking about the same incident? Did not touch Rooney? The one were Rooney still has an impression of the Argies shoulder in his own? Personally did not think it was a penalty to be clear, but it was almost a mirror challange.

The retake was a joke and the red was warranted under the new laws

There are also laws regarding the reprehensible dive performed by Fallon in the second half and they weren't applied, so we'll have no more lectures from you on how a clown like Mr. Hall should use the rules.

I'm surprised you have the nerve to show your face given that in half a decade your club is still too miserly and pathetic to put a roof over the away end. You really are a shameless bunch of money grabbing swindlers.

There are covered ends in the conference. Most of the clubs have them. You should try it sometime, when you go bust and no one wants to help you, then you'll remember why it would have been worth respecting ALL fans.

Third world football ground, pathetic attendance and still bottom of the table. I'm glad your manager is pleased at his first win. He'll be lucky if every team you play is down to 9 and 10 men respectively when you score.

red was warranted under the new laws

I was amazed how your striker went down like a 'sack of spuds'. I got to say your players need to do a bit more body training if such a little defender can take out a 'big burley striker' like that mate.

Just got to say pathetic!!!! The word CHEAT!!!! springs to mind.

Guest stfc red

I don't know if you know this but (Darius Henderson) the difference between the teams at Ashton last season

is not playing for you anymore.

BCAGFC

at the end of the day we got 3 points,,your right we didnt create anychances 2nd half but we are bottom of the league got a bit panicky which is understandable..again you say you outplayed us 2nd half which is true but our keeper still only had to make one notible save,,you were 2-1 down in a derby of course you were going to go all out in the 2nd half,,the ref was poo allround i,ve seen keepers get away with those penaltys and i,ve also seen defenders get away with yellows for that barge as they say swings and round abouts,we had our luck you will get yours soon enough.

good luck for the rest of the season guys

Guest weaselfeatures

Easy?

Fair result would have been a draw but it wasn't to be. See you at Ashton, lets hope we send you down when you come to us in need of a win to have a chance of staying up in the final week of the season and we sned you home contemplating a west country derby with our local fellows!

Be careful its not the other way around

These threads always make me laugh regardless to who's playing. They get so petty.

I haven't commented on the game until now so here goes... I've only seen highlights so cannot comment on other aspects of the game that annoyed many of you.

Penalty: 100% correct. No arguments. I thought it was harsh on Heaton, but the referee was right within the rules of the game.

Sending Off: I'd have been annoyed if it was vice/versa but Sankofa makes no attempt to win the ball, Bouazza has gone down softly but not dived (in my opinion, see the highlights of Blackpool Vs. Scunny for a dive in the same situation). The referee was right within the rules of the game.

I've seen the Fallon goal many a time now and I've read alot of people say "it wasn't Heywood's fault". He was completely wrong footed by Fallon, someone who he trained with for long enough to know his game... Good goal overall, I don't rate Heywood so I think I'm just being a little harsh on the guy.

In regards to "We only had 9 men on the pitch", so? That's not Swindon's problem is it? It's something that if it were the other way around you wouldn't accept that as an excuse... And rightly so.

Swindon over the past few seasons have been notorious for not killing games off, it happened again but we got away with it. It wasn't because we were playing you that we sat back... We'd have done it against a 10 men Chelsea if we took a lead, the same if we were playing Reading, Oxford, Exeter, Taunton or Odd Down. 10 men or 11.

Final Score whether 11 men, 10 men or 5 men were on the pitch was Swindon Town 2-1 Bristol City... Again if Swindon fans were bemoaning all the aspects you lot are saying you'd laugh it off with a comment or two. That's football.

Move it along folks nothing to see here

In regards to "We only had 9 men on the pitch", so? That's not Swindon's problem is it? It's something that if it were the other way around you wouldn't accept that as an excuse... And rightly so.

Agreed with nearly everything. I don't think it was a sending off or even a foul but I can see why the ref got it wrong, especially with the Swindon fans screaming etc.

What really hacked me off was the ref making Youga go off to change his shorts after the assisant had said it was fine. The ref was happy enough to go along with the linesman on the penalty. Inconsistent. Also it was Murray's man who scored I believe which made it quite depressing. but that's more down to bad luck.

Swindon won 2-1, if we had equalised it wouldn't have been unjust but Swindon closed it out well.

Guest scammell
See you at Ashton, lets hope we send you down when you come to us in need of a win to have a chance of staying up in the final week of the season and we sned you home contemplating a west country derby with our local fellows!

3 points still from where we are in the league though

Thats ok, you've enjoyed your recent good form but it won't last. My highlight of the season will see you get relegated at Ashton. If its to be it will happen, if not, then see you next season for some more fun!

Two quotes from BrizzleRed1. Do you play the lottery each week by any chance with predictions like that?

We have come " a long way" as you will shortly find out; What you going to do when G.J`s red and white ARMY roll`s all over you :dance::dance::laugh:

It's not his fault you were lacking in bite and quality was it...

Guest dandaman59

STFC_Dave i think you should be more concerned with what is happening now, i took great plessure out of watching the Swindon Vs Brentford highlights last week where Paul Brooker had the ball by his own box and ran all the way to your end and stuck it into the corner! great defending! then there next two goals were easy and yet again great defending by the mighty Swindon Town! :laugh: and at your place i thought you were a bit lucky to win but at the end of the day you put the ball in the net more times then we did so you won and thats history so forget about that because there is another game today where we could well be saying bye bye Swindon Town! :rofl2br:

STFC dave,

I'm all for fellow fans from other clubs coming on our site and having a decent debate, but you,ve had a pig there mate! Your team were awfull, got outplayed and out battled by ten men for the whole of the second half.The refs red card descision was diabolical and you know it.I will make you any bet you like right here, right now that we finish a long way above you.....??????

I had to bring this post made in this thread back to life.

Shame he didnt put his money where his (at the time) rather large mouth was.

I,d say us being 8th them being 23rd would suggest we will "finish a long way above you(them) "

bye bye Swindon

Archived