IGNORED

Johnsons Up The Mem Now

Andy082005

Sadly for us I think he is going your way.

A city fan came to watch rovers with me a couple of months ago he said Agogo was what your missing......PACE

I think your missing a lot more than that but hey ;)

Yeps, thats been too apparent since boy wonder left us :crying:

We need improvment everywhere yes, may as well start with pace up front and get Agogo in Jan

Pace? Gillespie came on for the last 15 mins at Notts County, & had a hand in the 2 goals that secured a 3-2 win (according to the BBC), hes always looked pretty quick to me.

I can run like the wind, but i have to footballing talent to go with it, i expect.. no i 'know' Gillespie has bags more than me, but is it enough?

He's not even close to being able to displace Brooker or Stewart for a first team slot, in fact Cotterill, Madjo, Bridges would all be in front of him in my first team pecking order, no offence i just doubt his overall talent compaired to what we have here.

I can run like the wind, but i have to footballing talent to go with it, i expect.. no i 'know' Gillespie has bags more than me, but is it enough?

He's not even close to being able to displace Brooker or Stewart for a first team slot, in fact Cotterill, Madjo, Bridges would all be in front of him in my first team pecking order, no offence i just doubt his overall talent compaired to what we have here.

It's all about opinons, I don't rate Madjo at all & Cotterill looks tired at the moment, I think Gillespie has talent (well taken goal at Forest for example) but needs an extended run in the team to settle his tendency to try & prove himself totally every time he gets on the pitch for whatevers left of the 2nd half, although as I said sounds like he did alright today. Let's see how he gets on at Cheltenham this time (1st Loan - Good, 2nd Loan - Not as Good)

Guest bettadeadthanared

Agogo thinks he's better than he is so unless you offer him silly money I would think he'll leave brisstol in january if not before. Isn't your defence what needs shoring up first?

Agogo thinks he's better than he is so unless you offer him silly money I would think he'll leave brisstol in january if not before. Isn't your defence what needs shoring up first?

I don't think the defence is a problem is Heywood plays. The real problem is midfield and the wings especially. No quality from there means Brooker and Stewart won't score many.

My friend just phoned me, he is in a box up the memorial ground today. Some of the Rovers lot have been taunting him and giving him stick.

Junior being watched maybe??

Sincerely hope not.

With any luck it was Grant Holt, as some of us suggested in the Summer. :doh:

Do we really need Grant Holt? We already have a good target man in Brooker we defently needa a pacy forward.

As for Agogo he is pacy and he can produce a bit of magic that can win games. My mates who's a rovers fan seems to think Agogo was only lazy under Atkins who apparently he didnt get on with and under Trollope hes been a lot better player.

Do we really need Grant Holt? We already have a good target man in Brooker we defently needa a pacy forward.

As for Agogo he is pacy and he can produce a bit of magic that can win games. My mates who's a rovers fan seems to think Agogo was only lazy under Atkins who apparently he didnt get on with and under Trollope hes been a lot better player.

If he was lazy under Atkins he still scored 20+ goals last season. A new deal has been dragging on for months so I wouldnt be surprised to see him go in Jan.

He has pace and a natural ability to win games. He is in double figures already this season and isnt getting the service from the Rovers midfield. I fear that if you spent money on him you would need a decent midfield man also that he can feed off.

I hope he doesnt go as he has been our best player for the last 3 seasons but as time goes on it becomes more evident that he probably will be on his way.

Definately worth a shout for you IMO

Archived