IGNORED

Williams Premier Seating Means New Stand Is Dead

CodeRed

The proposed 500 seat Premier Club seating area located in the Williams centre blocks are to have use of a members refurbished bar area and lounge with "high quality dining" facillities ...according to Sexstone on the official site.

This presumably will be for use of a limited number (<500)of Debenture seat buyers as Sexstone also says that a "limited" number of the 500 seats in the Premier Club area will be available sale without Premier Club membership (ie - they won't be able to use the bar & lounge).

So - the club are a spending a lot of money converting the stand and refurbishing the bar/lounge to create an exclusive club (smaller than 500 members) aimed at - according to Sexstone- "small and medium sized businesses"

Surely this is exactly the same facility as the proposed 400 seat Debenture area/ club lounge/bar as outlined in the New East End Stand proposals BUT simply now MOVED to the Williams.

Ask yourself - is the club going to want to end up with TWO exclusive corporate areas?

Would the club be planning on converting the Williams if the East End is going ahead in July?

Could they really sell 400(E/End) + 500 (Williams) debenture/premier seats and club louge memberships? ie almost 10% of the current attendance converting to Prawn sandwiches at a cost of over SIX GRAND a time?.................I don't think so...............or find that number of NEW people to shell out SIX GRAND ....again I doubt it.

IMO The announcement re The Williams Stand means that the East End Stand is shelved for the forseable future so why don't the club admit it, and move the away fans into the corner of the East End by the Williams and open up the East End for home fans up to and including the area behind the goal.

I can't see the East End stand being built until we are an established championship club again.

And, of course, longer term, the Williams was to be the next stand to be pulled down and redeveloped, after the Wedlock. Will the club be silly enough to spend vast amounts of money on this new facility, just to see it destroyed sometime soon ? I don't think so. It's another case of pulling the wool over the fans' eyes and hoping nobody will notice.

I posted this exact point 40 minutes before you - http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=48013

What with these new debenture seats being put into the Williams stand and the 'Roll of honour' (which sounds rubbish) being put in the Dolman bar, anyone would think that these plans are being put forward as an ALTERNATIVE to the new stand not something just to pass the time by!

My bet - unless something dramatic happens this season and City get promoted we won't see any new stand this DECADE...

When the plans do re-surface in a few years time lets make sure the fans get more of a say. Get the Supporters Trust involved - build a proper, big stand that holds 6,000+

You have put it better than I have and I agree, it looks to be like no new stand for a few years yet...

The sooner the BCFC board realise we are not Man U or Chelsea fans the better. The ordinary fans are being poorly treated/ripped off again, when is it going to stop?. Most home games the Platinum seating is not sold out and although I cannot confirm this I would imagine that for most home games the restuarants/club bars are are 25% empty.

The so called extra revenue from extra prawn sandwiches being sold is as much pie in the sky as the now dufunkt East end plans were. My message to the BCFC board would be stop trying to get every single penny out of your supporters and look after the loyal paying customers FIRST not SECOND. :@ :@ :@

BCAGFC

P.s. I have not received a letter yet but I expect to do so, and if and when I do I can state that the club will be losing another £375+ from a season ticket holder of 25 years and a supporter of over 38 years.

P.p.s. SL/CS CHANGE your PR guru ASAP before you lose the support altogether.

I posted this exact point 40 minutes before you - http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=48013

sorry - didn't see your post, I wouldn't have started a NEW thread if I had. But it shows none of us are fooled by all this spin that comes out from AG these days.

the point from Kingpin is also spot on - the Williams was due to be next for rebuilding so clearly that is off also..............How could they sell a 10 year debenture for a seat in a stand that was going to be pulled down!

So to recap:

Williams E & F blocks S/T's were moved to accomodate away fans (Whilst E/end etc etc)

Into their place go the Williams BCD S/T's moved to accomodate Prawn eaters

Prawn eaters who bought into the New East End (that now doesn't exist - except in Sexstones imagination)

will be put into the Williams Prawn area

So presumably if the E/End did go ahead the Away fans can't go in the Williams E/F because the Williams BCD people who didn't want to pay 6 grand are there, unless they get moved again so probably the club will put them (Aways not Williams) in the next nearest place to the car park/coaches namely Dolman G block - so the subbers moved from Williams E block ...

you are keeping up arn't you?........ok we'll continue

will have to move again

possibly to Dolman A

An easier solution would be for us all to give our bank account and PIN numbers to Colin Sexstone so he could simply take out whatever cash the club need to run the shambles sorry club and upon arriving at the ground he could direct you to an empty seat of his choosing - on this strict understanding of course that should a prawn sandwich eater arrive late and need somewhere to sit you would of course leave your seat immediately and go home!

Archived