IGNORED

For Fooks Sake

tin

I'm really getting fed up with this loan situation at City. The calibre of players we're bringing in compared to the ones we're letting go is alarming. As some of you will know, I'm a big Bridges fan and it ridiculous to think he's never been given a chance.

Here's a man, who's dropped two divisions to try and resurrect his career only for an absolute donkey, in James Quinn, to be brought in and be ahead of him in the pecking order. Yeah, he may be a 'big-time charlie' but he's not on the huge salary that eveyone thinks when in fact he actually took a big drop in his wages to come here and, more importantly, wants to plays for Bristol City. You would think his history in the game would earn him a chance with a struggling club like ours?! But no. If he was given a chance and subsequently failed then by all means bomb him out but give the guy a break.

Seriously, if Lansdown or Johnson reads this, sort it out big time because judging by the players coming in and going out of this club it seems you're only planning for a season in the basment next year and that simply isn't good enough in my book.

:@

I'm really getting fed up with this loan situation at City. The calibre of players we're bringing in compared to the ones we're letting go is alarming. As some of you will know, I'm a big Bridges fan and it ridiculous to think he's never been given a chance.

Here's a man, who's dropped two divisions to try and resurrect his career only for an absolute donkey, in James Quinn, to be brought in and be ahead of him in the pecking order. Yeah, he may be a 'big-time charlie' but he's not on the huge salary that eveyone thinks when in fact he actually took a big drop in his wages to come here. You would think his history in the game would earn him a chance with a struggling club like ours?! But no.

Seriously, if Lansdown or Johnson reads this, sort it out big time because judging by the players coming in and going out of this club it seems you're only planning for a season in the basment next year and that simply isn't good enough in my book.

My thoughts exactly, Bridges never given a decent chance and to let him go and keep Quinn is shambolic!

I really am starting to worry about the running of the club! If Bridges has been farmed out for financial reasons, which is all I can see it being because he's got the talent, why the hell sign him in the first place!

I fear 1982 all over again!

Guest Harry Dolman

Here's a man, who's dropped two divisions to try and resurrect his career only for an absolute donkey, in James Quinn, to be brought in and be ahead of him in the pecking order. Yeah, he may be a 'big-time charlie' but he's not on the huge salary that eveyone thinks when in fact he actually took a big drop in his wages to come here. You would think his history in the game would earn him a chance with a struggling club like ours?! But no.

Bridges shows some nice touches but he lacks something... belief ?? He missed sitters against Colchester (1st min) & H'pool (last min) - I don't necessarily hold this against him, but for me he was summed on by his cameo appearance in the Barnsley game. He came on late, we are 3-0 up - he had some nice touches, but had a couple of half chances & didn't even make the keeper work hard. Just seems to me that even he doesn't believe he can do it any more.

I don't doubt that he took a massive pay cut to come here, but he will still be one of our best paid players. I hope that he does well at Carlisle - we either get an inform player back or offload him & re-use his wages. Worst scenario is that he has a mare up there - we get him back with less confidence & our unable to shift him.

Irrespective of Stewart/Bridges & even Brooker, what we desperately need up front is some genuine pace.

My thoughts exactly, Bridges never given a decent chance and to let him go and keep Quinn is shambolic!

I really am starting to worry about the running of the club! If Bridges has been farmed out for financial reasons, which is all I can see it being because he's got the talent, why the hell sign him in the first place!

I fear 1982 all over again!

Its not just that that worries me though. It really does seem that the club is planning to go down this year. That's why we're bringing in players who have hardly set world alight at clubs like Peterborough or Cambridge and getting rid of the ones with talent. I just can't get my head round it. Stewart will be the next to go when all that's needed is a few decent acquisitions to strengthen the midfield to get some supply.

Guest Harry Dolman

Its not just that that worries me though. It really does seem that the club is planning to go down this year. That's why we're bringing in players who have hardly set world alight at clubs like Peterborough or Cambridge and getting rid of the ones with talent. I just can't get my head round it. Stewart will be the next to go when all that's needed is a few decent acquisitions to strengthen the midfield to get some supply.

The most creative midfield in the world will struggle to make chances for an attack that is utterly devoid of pace. Any combo of Brooker/Bridges/Stewart will struggle for that reason.

I like Stewart but it is difficult to accommodate him - he's not a big man who can win flick on's etc & he's certainly not quick enough to play off a big man. For now (unless we can get a nippy James Hayter type striker in) I would persevere with Brooker/Stewart as thats the best we have. If (big if) we could get a lot of quality balls into the penalty area that could be ok as they are both decent in the air. Stewart needs to work more in the box & do less "dropping deep".

I can't believe how bad Quinn was against Notts County. Send him back now, no need to wait until Sat.

i couldnt believe how good he was against oldham, bridges just don't look like scoring, if i was honest i think we should look at a totaly new striker, theres got to be someone out there.

Bridges shows some nice touches but he lacks something... belief ?? He missed sitters against Colchester (1st min) & H'pool (last min) - I don't necessarily hold this against him, but for me he was summed on by his cameo appearance in the Barnsley game. He came on late, we are 3-0 up - he had some nice touches, but had a couple of half chances & didn't even make the keeper work hard. Just seems to me that even he doesn't believe he can do it any more.

I don't doubt that he took a massive pay cut to come here, but he will still be one of our best paid players. I hope that he does well at Carlisle - we either get an inform player back or offload him & re-use his wages. Worst scenario is that he has a mare up there - we get him back with less confidence & our unable to shift him.

Irrespective of Stewart/Bridges & even Brooker, what we desperately need up front is some genuine pace.

Before Bridges had all these nightmare injuries, he was being hailed as big player for the future, which he was proving to be. He has still got alot of quality about his play but his confidence is sadly missing, but i think if he could make a go at Carlisle and have a good run with a couple of goals, he has still got it in him to be a quality player. Even Gj said he hopes he does well because he is only on loan and could come back with more confidence. I for one want to see him in a City shirt again

The most creative midfield in the world will struggle to make chances for an attack that is utterly devoid of pace. Any combo of Brooker/Bridges/Stewart will struggle for that reason.

I like Stewart but it is difficult to accommodate him - he's not a big man who can win flick on's etc & he's certainly not quick enough to play off a big man. For now (unless we can get a nippy James Hayter type striker in) I would persevere with Brooker/Stewart as thats the best we have. If (big if) we could get a lot of quality balls into the penalty area that could be ok as they are both decent in the air. Stewart needs to work more in the box & do less "dropping deep".

Agreed. The service from the flanks needs to improve, if only we had someone who could beat people, get to the by-line and put quality crosses in!

If only we could re-wind Murray 2 years and fast-forward Cotts another 2 years and we'd be laughing.

I wouldn't mind a ball winning battler in the middle of the park either!

Guest Harry Dolman

Agreed. The service from the flanks needs to improve, if only we had someone who could beat people, get to the by-line and put quality crosses in!

If only we could re-wind Murray 2 years and fast-forward Cotts another 2 years and we'd be laughing.

I wouldn't mind a ball winning battler in the middle of the park either!

Maybe time has addled my mind, but really has Murray ever been a "beating players for skill & delivering great crosses" type of winger ? I think mostly his crossing has been average ad infinitum. He had 1 season when he scored a lot (thriving on Tinnions through balls) but he has never been the best crosser.

Personally I would rest Cotterril from the 1st team for a while - remember the bright sparky kid of last season - yes he overdid things & failed to deliver end product - but you could see something there. Now he loses the ball before beating anyone (don't think he once got past lardy Ritchie Humphreys for H'pool) - for his own sake he needs a break - before his confidence has evaporated to zero.

I think the 3 most important players we need are a) left back, b) left winger & c) pacy striker.

I suppose the tag 'luxury item' must be applied when Bridges himself prefers to play 'in the hole'

In this division and certainly in our current state we cannot afford that player.

(we need a stronger MF pairing first.)

The sad thing is I'd rather have Bridges than Stewart, but ideally rather have someone with pace.

It almost makes you wish we still had Roberts......

.....ahhhh no it doesn't.

arse

Maybe time has addled my mind, but really has Murray ever been a "beating players for skill & delivering great crosses" type of winger ? I think mostly his crossing has been average ad infinitum. He had 1 season when he scored a lot (thriving on Tinnions through balls) but he has never been the best crosser.

Personally I would rest Cotterril from the 1st team for a while - remember the bright sparky kid of last season - yes he overdid things & failed to deliver end product - but you could see something there. Now he loses the ball before beating anyone (don't think he once got past lardy Ritchie Humphreys for H'pool) - for his own sake he needs a break - before his confidence has evaporated to zero.

I think the 3 most important players we need are a) left back, b) left winger & c) pacy striker.

On reflection your right, Murray hasn't beent the best crosser and agree totally with you on Cotts.

No doubt he is a special talent but at that tender age confidence is a major part on how a youngster plays.

I don't know who we could get on loan for the other 2 positions but I wouldn't mind seeing Paul Parry on the left for us, Akinfenwa has bagged a few at Swansea, and we were linked in the summer.

Apparently Ian Harte is being released by Levante, read on a previous thread, but would imagine his wages would be too high!

Maldini? :laugh:

Archived