IGNORED

East End

beaverface

Ok, lets look at this from a rational point of view.

1) The club want don't want the City fans next to the away fans because of extra stewarding.

2) The East End will be rebuilt at some point within the near future, but where will the away fans be housed then? The current thought process has mentioned the lower part of the Williams which again will require extra stewarding.

3) Once the East End is finished, the away fans will then be moved to the Atyeo, thus incurring move stewarding and upheaval.

4) In the longer term the club will need to provide segregation in the Atyeo regardless.

Therefore the answer to all of this is to give the WHOLE of the East End back to the City fans, forget ever moving the away fans to the Williams (which will incur costs), and start work straight away by putting the away fans in the Atyeo with the appropriate segregation.

This is what the club wants to do in the long term, so why mess around and annoy the City fans when we can effectively kill two birds with one stone.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Far to straightforward and logical old chap, and anyways, the post 96 scarf wearing hornbyists would be up in arms!

The so called hard core support :rofl2br:

Guest The Codfather 0312

But the thing that gets me is the plan to house the away fans in the Ayteo but that will also incure the same costs as with the east End as there will be some idiots who will go in the Ayteo to try and cause trouble with the away fans.

Guest The Codfather 0312
I'd go the whole hog and make the Ayteo away fans only. That way there wouldn't be increased stewarding costs to upset Colin Sexton's precious financial spreadsheets.

But the noise from the away fans being in the Ayteo may upset the silence there is in the offices below on a match day.

But the thing that gets me is the plan to house the away fans in the Ayteo but that will also incure the same costs as with the east End as there will be some idiots who will go in the Ayteo to try and cause trouble with the away fans.

The fans want the East End back, they don't necessarily want these new debenture seats. We all know in the long term that away fans will be housed in the Atyeo and nobody has kicked up a fuss about that yet!

<Edit>This repy was intended for Thompo</edit>

Before the East End, sorry Wedlock Stand, can be demolished for construction of it's replacement, the seats will have to be removed. Nows the chance to remove those seats and sell them to some other club whose colours are red. Those fans who want to could then transform the cleared area into a designated safe standing area. :) This would free up seats in other parts of the ground for displaced ST holders.

Ok, lets look at this from a rational point of view.

Therefore the answer to all of this is to give the WHOLE of the East End back to the City fans, forget ever moving the away fans to the Williams (which will incur costs), and start work straight away by putting the away fans in the Atyeo with the appropriate segregation.

This is what the club wants to do in the long term, so why mess around and annoy the City fans when we can effectively kill two birds with one stone.

Not overly rational really.

Your way still incurs the board extra stewarding costs in the short term and so they have a reason to say no to it.

As for the idea of relocating some or even all of the Atyeo - that would cause so much upheaval it would be unreal. Relocating thousand of disgruntled season ticket holders is hardly the way forward (even for our board).

You need to counter-argue all the boards reasoning (safety issues and stewarding costs) and come up with an easy fuss-free alternative. Good luck to you!

Not overly rational really.

Your way still incurs the board extra stewarding costs in the short term and so they have a reason to say no to it.

As for the idea of relocating some or even all of the Atyeo - that would cause so much upheaval it would be unreal. Relocating thousand of disgruntled season ticket holders is hardly the way forward (even for our board).

You need to counter-argue all the boards reasoning (safety issues and stewarding costs) and come up with an easy fuss-free alternative. Good luck to you!

BAN AWAY FANS ! sorted, now open the east and give the stewards a day off. :whistle:

BAN AWAY FANS ! sorted, now open the east and give the stewards a day off. :whistle:

Wouldn't bother me!

I'm sure there's a sensible(ish) solution but I'm not the man to come up with it...

If away fans needed to be moved it might be best to stick them in the Williams since there's up heaval there already.

That way fans in the Atyeo and Dolman could opt for the East End thus feeing spaces for the Williams faithful that are to be relocated.

As for the Stewarding problem, I'd suggest that making the tickets in the now home East End say 50p costlier than in the current Atyeo would make up for those costs.

Does any of that make sense?

Radical view would be to have a temporary ban on away supporters during the rebuilding work, making Ashton Gate all ticket for a short time. Not ideal I know, but no one has to be uprooted from their seats and the policing and stewarding of away supporters would be unnecessary.

In these days of TV being beamed live across the world it's not beyond the bounds of possibility for City games to be shown on screens at other grounds.

Wouldn't bother me!

I'm sure there's a sensible(ish) solution but I'm not the man to come up with it...

If away fans needed to be moved it might be best to stick them in the Williams since there's up heaval there already.

That way fans in the Atyeo and Dolman could opt for the East End thus feeing spaces for the Williams faithful that are to be relocated.

As for the Stewarding problem, I'd suggest that making the tickets in the now home East End say 50p costlier than in the current Atyeo would make up for those costs.

Does any of that make sense?

makes good sence, would be nice if SL read this kind of post.

How is it that other clubs can have opposing supporters seperated by about three rows of seats and never have a problem? The East End is safe in my opinion. You could even put up a big net instead of the fence. Safer and cheaper. The board just don't seem to want our ground to have atmosphere for some reason unknown to me.

The costing of extra stewards (not that they're needed, use a few from other stands) etc... would be covered by supporters (who don't go to AG because of the silence) returning.

I don't know how to deal with the "hassle" it will cause the board to say YES, but, it doesn't seem that building boxes (or whatever they are) is too much "hassle" for them. Oh yeah, this will attract some more of those rich people who don't like to get behind the team by singing and shouting. :grr:

Theres more to supporting a club than giving money.

Steve L, you say you want to do as much as you can to help the team, it is your desicion to open the East End!!

How can the answer be NO??????

The players need vocal encouragement (especially at the moment) and you must be able to see that!

Please.... Open the East End before something happens that we will all regret :city::city:

Guest North Street

BAN AWAY FANS :dance:

The away end raises several thousand pounds at least per game! How much does it really cost to police the hooligan hordes of Milton Keynes, Doncastor, Chesterfield etc. The argument about costs is and always was spurrious. Has anybody seen any "real" hooliganism caused in the East End by City fans recently. BCFC in the past have not used the resources at their disposal properly anyway for this to be an excuse e.g police resting in the williams supporters bar v Plymouth amongst others. The East End can increase revenue by attracting those back put off by the abscence of atmosphere at the Gate and they do exist. Simply raise the price slightly something which BCFC are getting good at :whistle:

Has anybody seen any "real" hooliganism caused in the East End by City fans recently.

Can't say I have. Just kids mimicking hooligans. If they came face to face with a proper hooligan they would soon shut up. They're all mouth. Not a problem. A rediculous reason NOT to open the East End.

The away end raises several thousand pounds at least per game! How much does it really cost to police the hooligan hordes of Milton Keynes, Doncastor, Chesterfield etc. The argument about costs is and always was spurrious. Has anybody seen any "real" hooliganism caused in the East End by City fans recently. BCFC in the past have not used the resources at their disposal properly anyway for this to be an excuse e.g police resting in the williams supporters bar v Plymouth amongst others. The East End can increase revenue by attracting those back put off by the abscence of atmosphere at the Gate and they do exist. Simply raise the price slightly something which BCFC are getting good at :whistle:

SL has mentioned that we have the responsibility to appease the local authorities with our security measures so if we want to get the east end back we need to include that concern in our proposals. Realistically, not something we can shrug off.

Guest North Street

SL has mentioned that we have the responsibility to appease the local authorities with our security measures so if we want to get the east end back we need to include that concern in our proposals. Realistically, not something we can shrug off.

Which is why i have never understood why v Plymouth [and others] police were in the Williams bar resting.

An adequate risk assessment would see the need for a few stewards supplemented by the police doing their "job" along with that fence we used to have. Against some teams we are already having virtually police free games now so are the concens about security so serious? The argument about Security is not being shrugged off but it seems to be an argument which is used when it suits. Strangely the same local authorities have a say at the Memorial and there fans are now almost sitting side by side. Of course they are a family club :dunno:

Which is why i have never understood why v Plymouth [and others] police were in the Williams bar resting.

An adequate risk assessment would see the need for a few stewards supplemented by the police doing their "job" along with that fence we used to have. Against some teams we are already having virtually police free games now so are the concens about security so serious? The argument about Security is not being shrugged off but it seems to be an argument which is used when it suits. Strangely the same local authorities have a say at the Memorial and there fans are now almost sitting side by side. Of course they are a family club :dunno:

I can't really comment on that because I don't know anything about Gas games or about what the expectations of the authorities acually are. My point is more that if SL has two or three key arguments in his defence we need to counter them in what will be deemed to be a constructive manner.

Its easy to criticise but harder to come up with a feasible alternative, god knows I'm struggling!

Guest North Street

I can't really comment on that because I don't know anything about Gas games or about what the expectations of the authorities acually are. My point is more that if SL has two or three key arguments in his defence we need to counter them in what will be deemed to be a constructive manner.

Its easy to criticise but harder to come up with a feasible alternative, god knows I'm struggling!

I think i am coming up with counter arguments to SL staments. As the club is not exactly lucid in their excuses regarding what the "costs" are and what the "hassle" is it is hard to see what their problem is :dunno: The fans have lots of alternatives but when Keith Draisey utters "we do not care what happens at other clubs" it is hard to not become just critical. Fans on ask Stevel have been constructive but Mr Steve has seemingly gone missing for ten days but did pop up to answer other topics during this time.

Is it so hard to listen :dunno:

Why are there so many prem grounds with just a few rows of seats separating fans i.e Chelski/Man u but we seem to need about a 200 seats netting and the fence, police,stewards :dunno: and thats just for a few 100 City v a taxi load from where ever :dunno:

Archived