IGNORED

How Loyal Is Stewart ?

Guest maccer1

Guest maccer1

The only reason Stewart has been linked to moving away is purely financial and the same goes for Bridges. If Stewart loves this club so much then he would offer to take a huge pay cut then he would fit into Johnsons plans. The club needs to reduce the wage bill in order for Johnson to strengthen the side.

So it

Judgeing by what Stewart said yesterday, he's very loyal to BCFC. Lets not forget that he could have gone to one of several Championship sides before he came to City with the financial rewards that go with it.

Yesterday he said he wanted to stay,get back in the side and scoring goals regularly.He was aware of the interest from Millwall but not thinking about leaving City.

How loyal do you want?

The only reason Stewart has been linked to moving away is purely financial and the same goes for Bridges. If Stewart loves this club so much then he would offer to take a huge pay cut then he would fit into Johnsons plans. The club needs to reduce the wage bill in order for Johnson to strengthen the side.

So it

Stewart does not need to take a pay cut, the club allowed for his wages. What we need is for Marcus to be in the team more with a few goals, crowds would come back, giving the club more money for new seating! Sorry! money to strengthen the team. :whistle:

:blink: how do you know its about money ?, i wouldnt think millwall would pay him more than us

So it

Guest maccer1

Judgeing by what Stewart said yesterday, he's very loyal to BCFC. Lets not forget that he could have gone to one of several Championship sides before he came to City with the financial rewards that go with it.

Yesterday he said he wanted to stay,get back in the side and scoring goals regularly.He was aware of the interest from Millwall but not thinking about leaving City.

How loyal do you want?

I would love to see him scoring goals on a regular basis. I know he could have gone to other clubs in the Championship. However, he says he supports City and he always wanted to play for us, which is fine. But the fact is he is 33 or 34 and he came on a free which meant City could offer him a high salary. Would he have come if City offered a vastly reduced salary?

There is loyalty and loyalty. The loyalty I would like to see from him is for him to offer a pay cut and get some goals as he has done throughout his career. But I suspect money wins the day.

:blink: how do you know its about money ?, i wouldnt think millwall would pay him more than us

Thats why it was made easier for him to decide and come to the club he said he supports at aged 33 ish.

Guest billywizz

Sod loyalty unless he scores he is out.

hes a born and bred city player i don't think hell be going anyware in a hurry

hes the sort of player we need, plays for city :) most importantly supports city :city:

Agree there Ali,have found out today that he met Colin Lee earlier this week and was offered the same deal as he,s on at City, but he,s gone back to Steve and Gary and wants to stick it out with City to prove his worth.

Now, thats loyalty mate, and i respect the man for that!

Guest MaloneFM

hes a born and bred city player i don't think hell be going anyware in a hurry

hes the sort of player we need, plays for city :) most importantly supports city :city:

But even more importantly that THAT I pay his wages and he can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. I couldn't care less if he built the East End with his bare hands. His job is to score goals.

And he isn't.

Guest billywizz

But even more importantly that THAT I pay his wages and he can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. I couldn't care less if he built the East End with his bare hands. His job is to score goals.

And he isn't.

ide luv it even more if he built the east end :) hes still got what it takes. the next few games will tell

And he isn't.

But Malone, support would be nice for a change, he will be our saviour , keep this club up, and forever have blood bcfc blood flowing through him, so come on , no more crappy quotes or at least keep them to yourselve and don't post on here, as i want positives only!

THESE LADS NEED IT PLEASE

Guest MaloneFM

I reserve the right to be a moany old sod. 'Please love Marcus, he is one of us'.

No.

He is a player. When he packs it in and sits in the stand again he will be one of us. And if the next few games will tell all the first 20 odd have told me is that he's past it.

:englandsmile4wf: don't think people can dispute his commitment, just hasnt clicked at the mo, i think stick with him as i belive it will come good, also he hasnt had the best of service. we all know he doesnt have the pace he used to , but if he gets the service IN THE BOX he will score , as prove against tranmere

I would love to see him scoring goals on a regular basis. I know he could have gone to other clubs in the Championship. However, he says he supports City and he always wanted to play for us, which is fine. But the fact is he is 33 or 34 and he came on a free which meant City could offer him a high salary. Would he have come if City offered a vastly reduced salary?

There is loyalty and loyalty. The loyalty I would like to see from him is for him to offer a pay cut and get some goals as he has done throughout his career. But I suspect money wins the day.

Thats why it was made easier for him to decide and come to the club he said he supports at aged 33 ish.

:englandsmile4wf: don't think people can dispute his commitment, just hasnt clicked at the mo, i think stick with him as i belive it will come good, also he hasnt had the best of service. we all know he doesnt have the pace he used to , but if he gets the service IN THE BOX he will score , as prove against tranmere

USE THE MAN ALI WRIGHT WRIGHT WRIGHT, ALI WRIGHT WRIGHT WRIGHT :)

Guest Concrete Joe

We are the only team that he has played for where he has failed to score goals.

That says more about us than him

Get the ball into the box, then he will score goals :Party27:

Guest Simon Lambley

Seems strange to be talking about a players loyalty,

After all thats been said on here bout throwing season tickets away and not attending matches, protests etc.

If stewart can show loyalty to this club and as stated players come and go , more fans should be looking at themselves and there commitment.

I'm not targeting any one individual but at the times when the club needs STRONG loyal commited supporters , a few on here should question their own commitment..

Now i think i'll run for cover

After all thats been said on here bout throwing season tickets away and not attending matches, protests etc.

If stewart can show loyalty to this club and as stated players come and go , more fans should be looking at themselves and there commitment.

I'm not targeting any one individual but at the times when the club needs STRONG loyal commited supporters , a few on here should question their own commitment..

Great thread, to the point, and i know those u r talking about.

don't run for cover, totally on yer side. Nice one!

Stewart does not need to take a pay cut, the club allowed for his wages. What we need is for Marcus to be in the team more with a few goals, crowds would come back, giving the club more money for new seating! Sorry! money to strengthen the team. :whistle:

My understanding is that Stewarts wages are directly and personally underwritten by SL. SL said as much when interviewed on World when Stewart signed - So all this rowlocks about him earning 60 grand a day and us needing to free up wages is p1ssing into the wind - it wont make any difference at all to the clubs overheads. Still why let the facts get in the way of a bit of righous indignation ?

And he isn't.

brilliant post Mr Mallone, and I couldn't agree more with what you are saying. Marcus coming home had all of us expecting a fantastic season, I no he can't shoulder all of the blame, and to be fair he hasn't really had to much service, his touch is good, however he is employed to bag his chances, which he hasn't done yet. I would like to see him stay and fight for his place, but at the end of the day, if he isn't doing what he is paid to do, then he needs to go. Thats part of life, any employer would do the same

Lets hope he scores a few goals tomorrow

I agree...and I'll run for my bloody life too!

Red Lam, I cant argue with your post, and yes some of the fans SHOULD question THEIR loyalty and commitment, but some of us (few maybe) actually want the best for BCFC and we'll be there no matter what happens spending our well earned cash on watching the team that we love,

looks like i'm going to also be running now :laugh:

Guest MaloneFM

My loyalty and commitment has lasted nearly 40 years. Where's MY bloody testimonial then? I will still be renewing my season ticket for next year. But I don't like my loyalty and commitment being taken for granted and being shat on.

If Stewart is still playing for us in 2045 I won't question his loyalty and commitment then.

My loyalty and commitment has lasted nearly 40 years. Where's MY bloody testimonial then? I will still be renewing my season ticket for next year. But I don't like my loyalty and commitment being taken for granted and being shat on.

If Stewart is still playing for us in 2045 I won't question his loyalty and commitment then.

No you'd be busy calling for the old codger to finally be dropped, except you won't be able to because by then you'll be snug as a bug in a chryogenic freezing tank.

Guest MaloneFM

No you'd be busy calling for the old codger to finally be dropped, except you won't be able to because by then you'll be snug as a bug in a chryogenic freezing tank.

Only my body old sausage. My head will be in one of those jars similar to Futurama next to the head of Full Throttle and Durden and probably hospital Radio at the back of the still undeveloped Williams.

Going...'another bloody ball lost in the KFC car park then'

Guest Vodared

How strange that we can blame Marcuss. This club is a shambles and laughing stock. Maybe he has the right to be dis- illusioned. What other club in our state would ever treat this fella with such dis respect.

Archived