IGNORED

Great Club Or Commercial Success?

jimtastic

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm interested to know which way you vote Jimtastic...

Option 1) Plasticy bore, no emotion, not my idea of a club, with good football

Option 2) Real supporters, real emotions, real club, togetherness, with some (at times) bizzare football thrown in.

Option 1) "City"

Option 2) City

With the second option your more likely to meet new mates. As you know you are part of the same club. On the first option there wouldn't be a club feel to it. People wouldn't have the same main common goal to make the "club" a club.

People who run clubs have a duty to meet the needs of the club members. In youth clubs for example, the owners put activities on that suit the youth. If this didn't happen the youth wouldn't be intersted in going because it wouldn't be a youth club. Just like executive boxes etc aren't suited to majority of football fans. People are beginning to stop going because it doesn't feel like a club. The needs aren't being met for the fans who like to stand and sing for example.

Somethings not right with City at the moment. We need togetherness Steve L! :city:

How many families that have money problems seem a lot more close and together than families that are well off?

Money isn't everything! :city:

I'm interested to know which way you vote Jimtastic...

Against my initial thoughts, I went with the Div 3 option. I'd rather have the passion, I think.

I'm not surprised that the div 3 option is winning, to be honest, but what do you think the reaction would *really* be if SL pulled all investment out of the playing squad and sold off our higher earners. I reckon there'd be big calls for his head for a lack of ambition.

[edit] You know, the more I think about this, I think it's more a problem with football than with BCFC. Dwindling attendances in the premiership bear this out too. Sooner or later, I think that FIFA/UEFA are going to have to consider imposing a wage cap, as money is making success a necessity rather than a dream, taking the passion out of football and turning clubs into businesses rather than hobbies.

What does anger me is thoughtless people having a pop at the board. They're doing their best for this club and putting their money where their mouths are. Without them, BCFC would be stuffed (at least in their current form) :(

Against my initial thoughts, I went with the Div 3 option. I'd rather have the passion, I think.

Thats the spirit jimtastic! :city::chant6ez:

I'm not surprised that the div 3 option is winning, to be honest, but what do you think the reaction would *really* be if SL pulled all investment out of the playing squad and sold off our higher earners. I reckon there'd be big calls for his head for a lack of ambition.

If recent events are anything to go by then I don't think Steve would take the fans feelings into consideration. Are the high earners doing anything more than low earners. We see enough other clubs go up the leagues without spending as much as we do. A fair few people are calling for his head as it is.

You know, the more I think about this, I think it's more a problem with football than with BCFC. Dwindling attendances in the premiership bear this out too. Sooner or later, I think that FIFA/UEFA are going to have to consider imposing a wage cap, as money is making success a necessity rather than a dream, taking the passion out of football and turning clubs into businesses rather than hobbies.

Agreed. And it's very sad how so many clubs are so desperate to win they forget to enjoy the game (fans, board, managers and players all included in that).

I would also prefer teams to have as many players as possible that come from the same place as the rest of the club. This would make the players more of a representative of the City or Town.

What does anger me is thoughtless people having a pop at the board. They're doing their best for this club and putting their money where their mouths are.

I don't mind admitting that I don't know the whole job of being a chairman of a football club. The percentage of their money that they put into the club is probably no different to mine or yours.

Without them, BCFC would be stuffed (at least in their current form)

Where are we now compared to when they took over?

I don't know exactly what they do behind the scenes, but they are doing a very bad job with supporters.

I like it that you said "in our current form". As I said in the other topic, AFC Wimbledon are living proof that a club isn't just about the pound signs.

If I had to choose, I would rather support AFC Wimbledon than Wigan.

I'm slightly, pleasently surprised that option 2 is winning to be honest. :city:

Guest sandstopper

A brief example of what commercial success means to the true fan-- a season ticket holder since 1975 my mother one of the founders of the senior reds, swept the stadium for nothing after matchdays during citys bad patch, former fan of the year, just been told pay at least double for your seat next season or bugger off, that my friends is what means to 500 true city fans.

why does it have to be one of those two options?

c / 3 ... A Prem club with fans in the thick of it.

You tell me!

Because have any Premiership clubs got the third option?

I'd be happiest in the 2nd tier of football myself. Enough big games but not so much of the plasticy bore effect that Premiership clubs seem to have.

In the premiership it seems money rules, not supporters :( . Hense, Chelsea fans stop going to Stamford bridge and head to Millwall.

If I was presented the choice of the two options then I know which one I'd choose. :englandsmile4wf:

Archived