IGNORED

Was I Born To Early

Brianred

Was i spoilt in my youth to have Harry Dolman as chairman of my football team? A man who was a good buisness man, as well as being a loyal, approachable, quite open man, who spoke openly and with honesty to his loyal members of the club. Alan Dicks was his teams manager, who was a successful manager, and with the club for many years, thanks to a loyal Chairman. Since then i have seen Chairman and managers come and go. Some have had success in the league, and in the egg cup! But over the years the club has become a buisness and loyalty has become a thing of the past! Mr Landsdown is a supporter, as well as Chairman. But the difference is SL is more of buisnessman then a loyal Chairman. Back in Mr Dolmans day supporters never had forums to argue with each other (not a bad thing) but then arguments were constructive, supporters were loyal with each other. The Chairman now hardly ever listens to the paying public, has no communications with fans, just drop notes through letterboxes. I see the club dropping once more, blame the players? But i would start at the top to find out where the loyalty has gone! I used to think football was a sport, but started to think, could i use my money on other things, do i need to lose my temper when i read some of the crap i see on this forum. Suppose what i'm saying, is SL a Chairman or buisnessman?

I think your rant is totally unjustified and way wide of the mark my friend. SL has poured cash into this club year after year and still comes up with massive losses; if that is being a businessman instead of a chairman then i am roger rabbit.

the only reason this club is still in existence is because our chairman is a true supporter and is currently unable to run the club like a business i.e. make a sustainable year on year profit.

Misguided rants like yours are the sort of comments likely to encourage SL to walk away. I suppose you might celebrate that fact until you realise we would have every possibility of going out of business -

- why? because the year end accounts will frequently say that the club continues to remain in business thanks to the guarantees of the Chairman and his fellow directors. Walk away, guarantee collapses and the club would be wound up pretty darn quickly without a new benefactor. oh and they do not grow on trees.

Guest Tauntonman

How can you say SL does not communicate with fans when he regularly amswers postings on the "Ask Steve Lansdowne and Colin Sexton" section of this website.

Also, his finacial support is more than just giving guarantees, we are talking about hard cash payments to keep this loss making club afloat.

Be grateful, we have a good chairman.

I think your rant is totally unjustified and way wide of the mark my friend. SL has poured cash into this club year after year and still comes up with massive losses; if that is being a businessman instead of a chairman then i am roger rabbit.

the only reason this club is still in existence is because our chairman is a true supporter and is currently unable to run the club like a business i.e. make a sustainable year on year profit.

Misguided rants like yours are the sort of comments likely to encourage SL to walk away. I suppose you might celebrate that fact until you realise we would have every possibility of going out of business -

- why? because the year end accounts will frequently say that the club continues to remain in business thanks to the guarantees of the Chairman and his fellow directors. Walk away, guarantee collapses and the club would be wound up pretty darn quickly without a new benefactor. oh and they do not grow on trees.

With SL he has his own way! the club has done nothing to replace the late Mr Gooch and Mr Laycock, we need a bigger board to have opinions not just the onesided board we have now. Other directors would put more money in the club, its gone stale top to bottom!. A lot of the debt is down to the club!

How can you say SL does not communicate with fans when he regularly amswers postings on the "Ask Steve Lansdowne and Colin Sexton" section of this website.

Also, his finacial support is more than just giving guarantees, we are talking about hard cash payments to keep this loss making club afloat.

Be grateful, we have a good chairman.

Matter of opinion about ask SL forum. But but your point have been noted! He only answers questions he wants to, but if there questions about helping the club he leaves it blank. Recently on 20mans programme i know of two fans who phoned early on questions of the East End, was not allowed on due to selective questions! The reason we are not a profit making club is due to BAD management Top to Bottom!

Archived