IGNORED

Basso...

tin

Judging on what I saw on Saturday this keeper is nothing short of a baffoon. How he can be picked above Phillips is totally beyond me. How a guy, who's only experience is 30 games at Woking, harbours dreams of playing for Brazil at the World Cup is laughable :rofl2br: . Mind you, judging by the crap foreigners being brought in of late this yarns are becoming a bit of a habit! First Madjo tells of how he turned down Boca Juniors for City and winds up at Forest Green :doh:

Bottom line is, this keeper is dire. Phillips is our number ONE and always should be until someone of better quality is brought in.

Thoughts please....

Thoughts please....

My main thought is "what are you basing your opinion on?". He made a great save in a 1 on 1 situation and was not at fault for any of the goals. Sure, the stats don't reflect well on him, but the fact is that the defence in front of him has been responsible for each of the goals scored past him.

Basing my opinion on seeing him twice in the first team and once in the ressies, I agree.

NO better than Phillips, who should reclaim his position pretty quickly as I think Basso will be gone in January.

Was beaten at his near post at Swindle, which shouldn't happen.

Judging on what I saw on Saturday this keeper is nothing short of a baffoon. How he can be picked above Phillips is totally beyond me. How a guy, who's only experience is 30 games at Woking, harbours dreams of playing for Brazil at the World Cup is laughable :rofl2br: . Mind you, judging by the crap foreigners being brought in of late this yarns are becoming a bit of a habit! First Madjo tells of how he turned down Boca Juniors for City and winds up at Forest Green :doh:

Bottom line is, this keeper is dire. Phillips is our number ONE and always should be until someone of better quality is brought in.

Thoughts please....

Phillips has not played well so far this season, in my opinion, and it does absolutely no harm for him to have some competition and feel some pressure, even if that means him losing his place for a while. Basso did make a great save at the weekend, but then in fairness Phillips may also have saved it. I don't think we've seen enough of Basso to make a judgement. He looks lively and has on occasions come out and commanded the boz where Phillips might have stayed back. But only time will tell if he's a better keeper.

Even if it sparks Phillips into realising he has to get back to his best form, it will have served a purpose. He is a quality keeper. It's just that so far this season he, like most of those around him, have been lacklustre.

He made a great save in a 1 on 1 situation

:rofl2br:

Rubbish reason to claim he played well, how many times does Stevo make quality saves like that in a game?

Yes Phillips makes mistakes, but rarely!

This Basso guy didnt look comfortable at all!

Get Phillips back in, time to give the Qquality his place back!!

Flappy for me every time . I can't understand why he was dropped in the first place - it's the defence/midfield and attack that's the problem. At this level ( 3rd Division ) he is a very competant keeper .

From what I've seen of Basso so far in no why is he better than Flappy.

Some people just can't get over their view that Phillips is God's gift to League One goalkeeping.

Well, he is one of the best 'keepers in this league and has been one of the best and most consistent City players in recent memory so it's hardly suprising...

Tell me I'm wrong.

Well, he is one of the best 'keepers in this league and has been one of the best and most consistent City players in recent memory so it's hardly suprising...

Tell me I'm wrong.

You're right, and for the record I wouldn't have dropped him in the first place. I'm simply playing devil's advocate and trying to point out the flaws in the arguments of people who are criticising Basso so unjustly.

hard to argue on the above comments, but I would give Basso one more game.

Not least that if you give flapper the shirt back after the last two games, he will feel pretty relaxed about not losing his place again.

If you remember back to Jordons first time here, where we had two similar keepers and rotated them to good affect, both were fresh and kept their place until a below par performance, then they would rest for a game or two. Kept them both on there toes to my memory.

Guest weaselfeatures

Prefer Phillips............but that's just my view, Basso seems like to much of a showboater!

Let give Mike Gibson a good rub down and put him between the sticks for next week. Thats what you CALL a goalkeeper

Guest ashtonunited

How can you say we wasnt at fault for any of the goals. One of them he was tryin 2 let it go over and it went in.

Did you watch the same game as me u idiot

Guest redphilc

Basso has yet to make a mistake that has led to a goal. Or any mistake in fact.

Some people just can't get over their view that Phillips is God's gift to League One goalkeeping.

Hmmm.. I didn't like the way he watched the second goal (which was nothing more than a speculative shot) float into the net without attepmting to save it.

In fact the first goal he just seemed to slump himself to the ground in an attempt to look like he tried and for the last goal I am sure Phillips would have prevented it.

Basso looked much below the standard necessary to play in goal for Bristol City. I hope this is a quick lesson learnt and Phillips reclaims his place in the side against Doncaster.

Guest ashtonunited

Hmmm.. I didn't like the way he watched the second goal (which was nothing more than a speculative shot) float into the net without attepmting to save it

At last someone who watched the same game !!!!

Hmmm.. I didn't like the way he watched the second goal (which was nothing more than a speculative shot) float into the net without attepmting to save it.

In fact the first goal he just seemed to slump himself to the ground in an attempt to look like he tried and for the last goal I am sure Phillips would have prevented it.

Basso looked much below the standard necessary to play in goal for Bristol City. I hope this is a quick lesson learnt and Phillips reclaims his place in the side against Doncaster.

yeah like phillips hasnt let in 2 many this season !! i think ther both crap time to look elsewhere

Guest redphilc

yeah like phillips hasnt let in 2 many this season !! i think ther both crap time to look elsewhere

The topic was Basso or Phillips and as we don't have an alternative (yet) Phillips should regain his place on saturday.

Basso has yet to make a mistake that has led to a goal. Or any mistake in fact.

Some people can't get over their deperate need to scapegoat.

Basso has shown no signs of an improvement and there's no point blaming the defence because it's the same defence that Phillips had to put up with. He hasn't made a mistake but Philips may have reached shots that the smaller Brazilian couldn't.

Phillips now knows he has competition, he's had the 'rest' that so many asked for. Now it's time for him to be City's number one.

I don't care if he's the best in the division, he's a good keeper and we need him.

Archived