IGNORED

Garry Johnson

Guest sprout1883

Guest sprout1883

Serious question, but how is Gary Johnson coming over in the media to the fans.

IA made excuses all day long, alienated large sections of people and was generally an arrogant (naughty word).

As a Rovers fan, I think GJ is an arrogant cockney (naughty word), so my view is a little jaundiced. Interested to know how he is presenting himself to the City 'masses'

He's direct and honest,some like it some don't.

Honest? Then why does he still bang on about:

a. All the marvellous things he did for Latvian football - when he left in total and utter disgrace after a 1-1 draw with San Marino.

b. "Consulting" the Latvian team in Euro 2004 - when the Latvian manager and coaching staff said that he did no such thing.

When non-footballing people apply for a job then the personnel department usually checks up on the accuracy of a candidates CV. Did anybody at City check Johnsons claims with a Latvian sports journalist or member of the national teams coaching staff?

So far Johnson has given out mixed messages.

He was obviously happy to soak up the accolades when he first arrived and bask in the glory of two good wins.He came over as a straight talking if not articulate guy with a confident air who gave the impression that he knew what he was doing.

When the wheels came off we saw a different Johnson.Excuses and a blame culture began to show through. "Players aren't good enough" and "I know whats happening in January" are the words of a man who is truly struggling.

More recently in an effort to appease the faithfull he's been saying complimentory things about the fans and taken a softer approach in post match interviews,making general statements about confidence and not tackling properly.

I have to say I prefered Wilsons approach.He may not have the most revealing but at least he was consistant.

Something that I thought was interesting was when he took credit for Skippy's goal against Tranmere. The original shot came off the post so Skippy controled it and scored at the second attempt. GJ said "I have been trying to make them more alert when they are tired". Skippy probably said "I'm off in May". :whistle:

Archived