IGNORED

What Does Steve L

BB.

There is no valid reason not to let a few hundred home fans in the East End, with a season ticket,i.d card or whatever; trouble makers could be then easily kept out with no need for any police presence at all;

No police presence?! What about the away fans then? Because.... shock horror.... they bring troublemakers with them at times?

Being a few seats away from rival fans would be like a red rag to a bull for some (albeit the sad, pathetic, minority that ruin the fun and banter of being rival supporters for the majority of us at times)

It would be nice to see - and hear! - a thousand or so fans on the East End but I just can't see it happening.

Sometimes you have to stand for what you believe in;

There is no valid reason not to let a few hundred home fans in the East End, with a season ticket,i.d card or whatever; trouble makers could be then easily kept out with no need for any police presence at all;

We had the too expensive to move the fence, that was done away with so that excuse no longer held.

Then persistant standing was cited this is now directed at any noisy area.

As prev stated the club encouraged the young guns in with a quid a kid then we were told the East End encourages trouble makers.

It is part of our home ground and populated mostly by a taxi load of away fans; the bottom line being if the club wanted it open it would be, they don't and it wont.

People don't think it is a magic wand but then again who knows, we need everything we`ve got at the moment and it cant hurt for a few games at least :dunno:

I hear your plight and fair play for standing up for what you belive in. ;)

I just wish things were better and there was no bickering, moral is low and people tend to focus on the negativity rather than the few positive things happening around the place.

We need that spark back, p'haps opening the EE could be that? Jeez i just don't know, but i know its not the reason we are doing so bad on the pitch, thats down to the players.

Guest North Street

No police presence?! What about the away fans then? Because.... shock horror.... they bring troublemakers with them at times?

Being a few seats away from rival fans would be like a red rag to a bull for some (albeit the sad, pathetic, minority that ruin the fun and banter of being rival supporters for the majority of us at times)

It would be nice to see - and hear! - a thousand or so fans on the East End but I just can't see it happening.

At West Ham, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea and so many others fans are metres apart. City have recently commented that games are virtually police free. As soon as the East End is put into the equation City need to have a heavy police presence despite cctv, stewards and only a few hundred away fans. Across the City the Gas can now sit only metres from the away support. It is all very strange that BCFC get treated so differently despite having the same football licensing authority.So there must have ben some really serious hooliganism going on the East End to merit security even cardiff do not get! :blush:

I hear your plight and fair play for standing up for what you belive in. ;)

I just wish things were better and there was no bickering, moral is low and people tend to focus on the negativity rather than the few positive things happening around the place.

We need that spark back, p'haps opening the EE could be that? Jeez i just don't know, but i know its not the reason we are doing so bad on the pitch, thats down to the players.

We need that spark and yes maybe the E.E could be it :dunno: the stubburness by the suits to not even try it for a couple of games is beyond me :doh:

Do something for gawds sake, smooth the troubled waters :city::sweatingbullets:

security even cardiff do not get! :blush:

Exactly. I want to know what the real reason is that we can't have it. If it's not a problem at Cardiff then what is Steve L on about?

Does he not want to do all he can to keep us in this league. Because opening the East End would help us, even if its by only a few points. Sometimes teams go down on goal difference!! And ours is terrible at the moment!

Exactly. I want to know what the real reason is that we can't have it. If it's not a problem at Cardiff then what is Steve L on about?

Does he not want to do all he can to keep us in this league. Because opening the East End would help us, even if its by only a few points. Sometimes teams go down on goal difference!! And ours is terrible at the moment!

The real reason is ITS TO MUCH HASSLE :dunno::(

The real reason is ITS TO MUCH HASSLE :dunno::(

I really just cannot understand why some people will not accept the real reason. It costs too much money to justify it. I don't think that's a hard concept to grasp, or an unreasonable one. It's a far simpler and more likely explanation than some rubbish about SteveL not caring about a decent atmosphere or not being bothered because it's too much effort. The costs outweigh the benefits. It really is that simple. Some of you act as if the only thing fans want is for you to have your own way and go in the end, and it's the fans on one side and the club on the other. Well, it isn't. There are plenty of fans who think it's perfectly reasonable at a time when we are attracting small crowds and losing money for the club not to be willing to repeat a costly experiment that failed. But no matter how often it is spelled out quite rationally, there are people who ignore reason, throw their dollies out of the pram and act like spoilt brats: "I don't care. I want of be in the East End. I want to be in the East End. Why can't we be in the East End" Well, it's been explained often enough and it's getting pretty tiresome really, so I think I'll give up on this thread and let you wallow in your own self pity. Feel free to go on as long as possible, and call the rest of us non-fans for not agreeing with you. While you do that, I think I'll go off and read some threads about things that are more important. Like what to do about the team.

Guest North Street

I really just cannot understand why some people will not accept the real reason. It costs too much money to justify it. I don't think that's a hard concept to grasp, or an unreasonable one. It's a far simpler and more likely explanation than some rubbish about SteveL not caring about a decent atmosphere or not being bothered because it's too much effort. The costs outweigh the benefits. It really is that simple. Some of you act as if the only thing fans want is for you to have your own way and go in the end, and it's the fans on one side and the club on the other. Well, it isn't. There are plenty of fans who think it's perfectly reasonable at a time when we are attracting small crowds and losing money for the club not to be willing to repeat a costly experiment that failed. But no matter how often it is spelled out quite rationally, there are people who ignore reason, throw their dollies out of the pram and act like spoilt brats: "I don't care. I want of be in the East End. I want to be in the East End. Why can't we be in the East End" Well, it's been explained often enough and it's getting pretty tiresome really, so I think I'll give up on this thread and let you wallow in your own self pity. Feel free to go on as long as possible, and call the rest of us non-fans for not agreeing with you. While you do that, I think I'll go off and read some threads about things that are more important. Like what to do about the team.

What are these costs and why does it "really" need such heavy policing? Something which the club failed to reveal at the FCFC meting in October. I am mystified to what makes BCFC suport so troublesome in the East End. The worst anybody can come up with is some young lad kicked a fence v Plymouth two seasons ago! I kick my seat every two weeks in the Dullmoan :w00t:

I really just cannot understand why some people will not accept the real reason. It costs too much money to justify it. I don't think that's a hard concept to grasp, or an unreasonable one.

But you can justify spending £2000 a week at least on goodness knows how many bench warmers and/or under achievers? I don't believe the amount of money that they're talking about is necessary either.

It's a far simpler and more likely explanation than some rubbish about SteveL not caring about a decent atmosphere or not being bothered because it's too much effort.

So what has Steve L done to make you think he cares about having a decent atmosphere?

The costs outweigh the benefits.

So you don't think that a decent atmosphere can help this club survive relegation either?

experiment that failed.

How did it fail? We won a bigger percentage of games with it open than we have with it shut.

But no matter how often it is spelled out quite rationally, there are people who ignore reason, throw their dollies out of the pram and act like spoilt brats: "I don't care. I want of be in the East End. I want to be in the East End. Why can't we be in the East End"

We have resonably spelt out how it can be opened and why it should be opened. You may call us spoilt brats, but can you imagine what would happen if the kop got shut, or the holt end etc...?

Feel free to go on as long as possible, and call the rest of us non-fans for not agreeing with you.

If you don't want the East End open, it doesn't make you a non-City fan.

I think I'll go off and read some threads about things that are more important. Like what to do about the team.

How about giving them as much vocal support as possible by opening the East End :w00t::city:

Guest DrFaustus

Mr Lansdown was a guest at the Briz launch of the Malone and Faustus deigner outlet village and was impressed with my description of you lot on our forum. So much so that he has chosen it as his mantra when forced to describe you good people. It is repeated here verbatim and I ask for just thanks, not cash donations:

'Savage smelling, low-life dirtbags, with 12 fingers, one eyebrow and low foreheads. They have the intellect of a warthog, the social grace of Attilla The Hun, the dress sense of Worzel Gummidge and the humour and grace of Bernard Manning.

Still, despite all that, some of you buggers are good people.'

"feel free to go on as long as possible" oh thank you sir, your royal bleeding highness sir. :razz:

Archived