IGNORED

What Does Steve L

BB.

East End - opened in first place after considering requests from fans, opened on many occasions but unfortunately privelege abused by some who used it, can not open it now without police presence and heavy bill so it stays shut.

It strikes me, from Steve L's response here, that he doesn't think the fans have an effect on the game and that we could get some extra priceless points in our bid to avoid relegation and climb the league.

Remember when the East End was open in Danny Wilsons last season. We went 11 games unbeaten!

My main point though, is that he says about a "heavey bill". Is it really that much of a heavey bill if he truely believed that the support we give is invaluable?????? If he can spend thousands of pounds on bench warmers and prima-donnas (who provide maybe 2 wins between them) then why can't he spend some cash on the fans who (in my opinion) can help the team to an 11 match winning run????

In my opinion it's because he doesn't actually think we can effect the game. Which makes our support worthless if thats his opinion and he's right!?!

I'm not saying if we spend money on opening the East End we will win every game. But, we spend more money on players who don't help us win many games (if any!!).

The last time the EE was open, there was no trouble that i'm aware of.

What does this response tell you about Steve's real feeling about the supporters?

It tells me he doesn't think support for the team is very important. Are we just pound signs to him?

he speaks about it being abused, but what did he expect when he gave a quid a kid night in the East End. You had kids in there pi55ing about who wouldnt have been there if it was normal admission price. He chose to overlook this.

Guest ashtonyate

eastend makes no difference.........CHESTERFIELD ON SKY LAST SEASON................if policing costs is a problem for the stand to be open it's simple!

Extra 3 or 4 quid per person (don't care how old you are!) to cover it!

You are joking arn't you I will tell you something now if people never had season tickets and paid for each match the crowd last Saturday would have been under 5,000

he speaks about it being abused, but what did he expect when he gave a quid a kid night in the East End. You had kids in there pi55ing about who wouldnt have been there if it was normal admission price. He chose to overlook this.

Policing the east is jusy a lame excuse, first SL said it wasn't viable with small attendances, now it's because of a small few, who were winding up away fans but no trouble. I am waiting to see what the real plans are for this football ground. People keep saying if it wasn't for his cash ? Been there before in 82 not nice, but we survived. If it wasn't for the supporters the club would struggle.

Please accept my apologies if you have already answered this elsewhere.

Can I now expect a refund for the premium I paid this year for my ST in C block of the Dolman, as the proposed stand is not going ahead?

If yes, when will I receive it?

If no could you please explain your reasons?

Thanks

Steve L's response:

I take on board however that we must try to explain these better and take you along with us.

Steve.

PS there will not be a refund.

:doh:

He says they need to explain things better and take us along with them.

So,

Where's the reason for no refund for the people who paid extra for their seats when the reason given at the time for the increase in ST's was because of the reduced capacity? :doh:

He says, "PS there will not be a refund" without a reason, 30 seconds after saying "I take on board however that we must try to explain these better and take you along with us" :doh:

Guest WillsbridgeRed

The East End would cost £3000 a match due to police costs.

The police demand to be there because of badly behaved fans.

Enough chances were given, it is the fault of a handfull of morons both young and old who can't understand the situation.

Guest The Codfather 0312

Enough chances were given, it is the fault of a handfull of morons both young and old who can't understand the situation.

So say there is say 1000 fans in there all paying a extra £3(Which many have pointed out they would do) Then that would cover the costs of the police.

So say there is say 1000 fans in there all paying a extra £3(Which many have pointed out they would do) Then that would cover the costs of the police.

When it's been open in the past it's attracted about 2-300 people at best (not counting capacity games when it's used as an overflow). Adding £3 a ticket would reduce this number even further , and a minority of those would still be trying to act hard and goad the away fans. It's just not worth doing.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Rubbish, it attracted between 5-800 people in the period it was opened in 2003.

1000 people won't be willing to pay an extra £3 - Hence the thread earlier last week.

£3000 a match, we have a home match every other week. Thats £1500 a week, about 3/4 of what most of the players get. Micheal Bridges has left now, he was a high earner, so we can use his wages on the 12th man as oppose to a player who never plays.

If Steve L truely thought that our support helped the team, it wouldn't be very hard to find the money.

He obviously thinks our support doesn't help the team.

£3000 a match, we have a home match every other week. Thats £1500 a week, about 3/4 of what most of the players get. Micheal Bridges has left now, he was a high earner, so we can use his wages on the 12th man as oppose to a player who never plays.

If Steve L truely thought that our support helped the team, it wouldn't be very hard to find the money.

He obviously thinks our support doesn't help the team.

Do really think bristol are not paying a high Percentage of bridges wages when he is on loan?

Spot on - it costs £50 per officer per hour to police AG.Thats why we don't see as many coppers as we used to.

It is down to the morons who goad the away fans and try to climb the netting that the EE remains closed.They just won't accept responsibilty and then complain about a situation they caused themselves.

CHESTERFIELD ON SKY LAST SEASON................if policing costs is a problem for the stand to be open it's simple!

CHESTERFIELD last season was £1 a kid night, sometimes the club attract kids who play up who

would normally be sat in the park drinking their strongbow instead of the young kids who want

to watch football, with this sort of deal, the same thing happened in the williams at LDV games.

you put season ticket holders only in the eastend therefore the club will know who is in there

by their ticket book.

Guest North Street

£3000! How do you know this? How much do they charge an hour? How many do they need? Why when City have virtually police free games do we all of a sudden need "heavy policing"? Why can the Gas have supporters sat virtually side by side whan they have the same football licenesing authority?

Is the East End evil? :(

Do really think bristol are not paying a high Percentage of bridges wages when he is on loan?

He'll be totally of the wage bill in January I suspect.

Spot on - it costs £50 per officer per hour to police AG.Thats why we don't see as many coppers as we used to.

It is down to the morons who goad the away fans and try to climb the netting that the EE remains closed.They just won't accept responsibilty and then complain about a situation they caused themselves.

Quid a kid in the East End ring any bells?

The high police precence really isn't needed. They are kids! I wouldn't have thought they would start any real trouble. They just mouth off.

Make a rule where it's 2 under 16 or 18's per adult.

Fans wind up opposing fans every week up and down the country. Not a satisfactory reason to shut it.

Fans wind up opposing fans every week up and down the country. Not a satisfactory reason to shut it.

True - but when the opposing fans are in the same stand that makes for a much more volatile situation.Cardiff away ring any bells?

The most intimidating place to be an away fan - and 100 times worse since they put both sets of fans in the same end with only a line of stewards,a few coppers and a net to seperate them.I wouldn't want see that at AG.

True - but when the opposing fans are in the same stand that makes for a much more volatile situation.Cardiff away ring any bells?

The most intimidating place to be an away fan - and 100 times worse since they put both sets of fans in the same end with only a line of stewards,a few coppers and a net to seperate them.I wouldn't want see that at AG.

so you watch the premiership? Let's take Man United for example who havn't been doing very well PR related lately have they, what with Charlton etc. They do not have a metal fence to divide the supporters, they do not have a heavy line of stewards, they don't even have a lot of police compared to the capacity.

Why should it be different for us? The only reason it went wrong on that sky tv night was because the board stupidly put quid a kid. Why we can't just have Adults or even the idea of Adults plus two under 16's I really don't know.

Surely it's not hard to strike a deal with the council/ police!

Are you seriously advocating spending money that could be used to strengthen our team and bring in a badly-needed player just so a few fans can watch from the East End? :rofl2br:

And you accuse the board of being out of touch? :rofl2br:

Change the record and move on to discussing something worthwhile.

Exactly, Cardiff City! Not, City vs Chesterfield or the like...

I wasn't at that game vs Cardiff, but, I've been under the impression that the bottles of urine were thrown from the stand on the left?

When I did go to Cardiff, there wasn't any trouble in the ground with supporters in the same stand.

If Cardiff did come to Ashton Gate again, I would understand and respect the boards decision if they said "away fans only in the home end".

Having away fans in the same stand is affordable and trouble free for so many grounds.

If it means the players getting a lot more vocal encouragement to help us up the league then it's worth taking the "risk"!?

Are you seriously advocating spending money that could be used to strengthen our team and bring in a badly-needed player just so a few fans can watch from the East End? :rofl2br:

I think you are being a little out of touch. Seeing that Murray is on £2500 a week, do you honestly think that players like Murray warrant that? Maybe Murray isn't the only player on that much, I can imagine Grant Smith being on that money too.

The Board moan about financial difficulties, but they don't help themselves do they!

If it means getting extra points from more enthusiastic players then YES. The East End isn't just about watching the game. It's about doing what supporters are suppose to do SUPPORT.

Clearly you and Steve L don't think that vocal support is worth as much as a £2500 a week bench warmer.

Each to their own I suppose.

You don't have to be in the East End to support. Block G of the Dolman is good proof of that. Atmosphere can be generated from other areas of the ground.

If having the East End open translated directly into better performances and therefore points in the bag then it would be a no brainer. The East End may well have been open during the unbeaten run (although I don't think it was - please clarify this point), but it was certainly open when we failed to produce the goods in vital home games vs Oldham and Brighton in the 04 season.

I reckon people should get over themselves with regard to seating and the EE etc.., talk about dogs with a bloody bone!

Is it really that important where you sit? Jesus Christ, it reminds me of my being a kid again and fighting with my brothers and sisters for the front seat! :laugh:

it's more important to cheer the boys on REGARDLESS how bad they are playing, and regardless where you are sitting.

Why do people think that opening the East end will suddenly make everthing ok?

Pfft... pathetic. :doh:

I reckon people should get over themselves with regard to seating and the EE etc.., talk about dogs with a bloody bone!

Is it really that important where you sit? Jesus Christ, it reminds me of my being a kid again and fighting with my brothers and sisters for the front seat! :laugh:

it's more important to cheer the boys on REGARDLESS how bad they are playing, and regardless where you are sitting.

Agreed cheer the boys regardless where you sit, just give the dummies who are not a nudge, or a song sheet with the words on.

You don't have to be in the East End to support. Block G of the Dolman is good proof of that. Atmosphere can be generated from other areas of the ground.

If having the East End open translated directly into better performances and therefore points in the bag then it would be a no brainer. The East End may well have been open during the unbeaten run (although I don't think it was - please clarify this point), but it was certainly open when we failed to produce the goods in vital home games vs Oldham and Brighton in the 04 season.

Gary Johnson said it was a help having the vocal support near the end of the match on saturday. With the East End open it will be constantly good vocal support.

The End was present when we failed to produce the goods against Brighton and Oldham. But, so were all the players who are on 2-3000 a week.

Against Brighton only a few were allowed in to the stand for some reason.

It won't win every game. But, it will certainly help get some points for the club.

If anyone thinks that better vocal support won't help the team get more points, then my question is: What is the point in having supporters? (apart from money)

The East End was open after 4 games into our 11 match winning run and I remember a fair few late goals in that run. Coincidence??? Or, the good vocal support encouraging the players to keep going until the end?

We get a letter in G block most weeks telling us to shut up (or words to that effect).

Does Steve L want vocal support? Because he doesn't seem to do much to encourage it.

Taking the home end away from home fans is a bit like making a player play with one boot on. It makes it a lot harder to do what you do best!! It's part of our equipment, just like boots are part of the players equipment.

Sometimes you have to stand for what you believe in;

There is no valid reason not to let a few hundred home fans in the East End, with a season ticket,i.d card or whatever; trouble makers could be then easily kept out with no need for any police presence at all;

We had the too expensive to move the fence, that was done away with so that excuse no longer held.

Then persistant standing was cited this is now directed at any noisy area.

As prev stated the club encouraged the young guns in with a quid a kid then we were told the East End encourages trouble makers.

It is part of our home ground and populated mostly by a taxi load of away fans; the bottom line being if the club wanted it open it would be, they don't and it wont.

People don't think it is a magic wand but then again who knows, we need everything we`ve got at the moment and it cant hurt for a few games at least :dunno:

Wasn't the East End open when we got relegated 3 seasons in a row?

Smarty pants! :razz:

We might go down this season too. But, in my opinion, there will more chance of staying up with good vocal support.

East End doesn't guarentee safety but there will be more chance with it than without it! :city::city:

Archived