IGNORED

Gary Johnson's Report To The Board

nester

GJ was preparing a 'top to bottom' assessment of the club for the Board. Has he done it? Anyone know what's in it?

He's already done it. He told the board that his assessment was that the team has gone from "top to bottom" of Division 1 in just 18 months!

The club have said that it is not a written report and therefore clearly there is no case of "making public" its findings.

The task Gary has is to review the club from top to bottom on an ongoing basis making recomendations to the board as and when required.

I understand that the first major decision was with respect to Brian Tinnion and that other changes will follow.

Guest Legend City Man

Yes heres Garys assesment...

Johnson

"I'm going to give the whole team no praise or confidence whatsoever. I'm going to slate everyone of them, drop the regulars like Phillips and Stewart and bring in plonkers like Russel and Basso. I'm going to get rid of Gillespie to Cheltenham because he isnt a goal scorer, get rid of Clayton Fortune as he's not got a bright future here, oh and I'm going to keep on telling the press every game that more player will be chopped week after week untill I completely ruin this club.."

Landsdown "eerrr cheers for that report Gary, so who are you going to be bringing in before the transfer deadline to save our club from being relegated this season.. Is it a few well known players, strong, phisical, experience of battling relegation, goalscorers, players who will attract more fans to our ground every week.."

Johnson" eeerrr have you ever head of David Noble of eerr Boston!!!!

Landsdown" ok Gary i'l get onto the ticket office now to draw up plans for the local derby with the Gas next season..

Johnson

"I'm going to give the whole team no praise or confidence whatsoever. I'm going to slate everyone of them, drop the regulars like Phillips and Stewart and bring in plonkers like Russel and Basso. I'm going to get rid of Gillespie to Cheltenham because he isnt a goal scorer, get rid of Clayton Fortune as he's not got a bright future here, oh and I'm going to keep on telling the press every game that more player will be chopped week after week untill I completely ruin this club.."

Landsdown "eerrr cheers for that report Gary, so who are you going to be bringing in before the transfer deadline to save our club from being relegated this season.. Is it a few well known players, strong, phisical, experience of battling relegation, goalscorers, players who will attract more fans to our ground every week.."

Landsdown" ok Gary i'l get onto the ticket office now to draw up plans for the local derby with the Gas next season..

Yes very good. BUT you say he 'brings in plonkers like Russell and Basso'. Russell was brought in by Tinnion and was injured before Tinnion could play him. Not Johnson's fault. Phillips made simple mistakes- not Johnson's fault. Basso hasn't done much wrong for me. Saturday's score may have been 3-2 of he wa splaying but we would have still lost.

'Gillespie isn't a goalscorer. Correct in my opinion. 1 goal for the club.

'Fortune hasn't got a bright future'. Correct on current form.

'Johnson... will completely ruin the club'. No Tinnion did that all by himself. Johnson has now got to turn it around in a very short space of time. Not an easy job for any manager as we were left without no left sided players of any use, no holding player, no pace upfront (Gillespie doesn't count as I've yet to see this magical pace he has), and no right back of quality.

David Noble- can't comment and nor can you until we have seen him.

You really are very short sighted. Give Johnson time to turn it around. It isn't his players but the duds we have been left by Tinnion. If it was up to you we would have a new manager every fortnight.

Guest Harry Dolman

he'd better do it quick - before he loses all credibility.

2 successive promotions with Yeovil (where he had next to no ££ to spend) mean it will take a lot for him to lose all credibility. If we are stupid enough to sack him anytime in the next 12 months he will walk into another job.

[(Gillespie doesn't count as I've yet to see this magical pace he has).

ask Lincon city defence about his magical pace! he ran fron the half way line to score on friday!

Guest Harry Dolman

Most managers live by results, not reputation.

If he is sacked and he walks into another job - like Wilson did, then fair play to him and I hope he is successful.

I'd rather he was successful here, but I aint seen a single sign of it yet and his credibility is slowly ebbing away, with more and more people questioning his methods and decisions.

I sincerely hope, for the good of this club, that he justifies the hype he came with and turns things around. But he has to start doing that very quickly.

I just doubt that he can do it. Just an opinion.

And opinions are what make it a beautiful game...........

Generally I am against getting rid of a manager unless they have had sufficient time & failed in that time. I had no real problem with Tinnion & the fact is, he might turn into a good manager elsewhere (I hope so).

With players I tend to have a "2 manager rule" - if things don't work out under 1 manager, he may be the problem, if it doesn't work out under another manager, the players are the problem. Save for a brief "honeymoon" period for Johnson, the current squad have underperformed under him & Tinnion beforehand. I don't like seeing indiviudals named & shamed in public but see no harm in a collective rollicking. When Paul Sturrock took over at Wednesday he made it clear that the players had 6 weeks to prove themselves or he'd get them out & replace them. They got promoted.

Guest cider_kirk

ask Lincon city defence about his magical pace! he ran fron the half way line to score on friday!

he just came off the bench and the goal was in the last few seconds of the game, maybe the defence was a bit tired for his fresh legs?

I've seen it and he was offside. Also hadn't he only been on 2 minutes? He hasn't done it in city shirt with a few chances and I've never seen him out sprint a defence when level with them. he has got a quick burst but not enough for him to be in the team for me. Would be happy to see him go as he doesn't add anything for me.

Guest Bristol Red Rover

Wise words Harry Dolman :)

At Yeovil, GJ dealt with a squad he built himself and they all knew where they stood - except one plonker of a winger that ended up getting shown the door and plays ooop north now :dance: Point is that he's not the kind of bloke that takes sh!t from his players - imagine a sergeant major setting about drilling a bunch of new recruits. Some will come through and some won't - he'll choose replacements. The passage is rocky (too many inuendos here!) but in the end you have a squad who are together. This may take a couple of years to come really good, more to get promotion. Stick with the man, he is the right one for your club, absolutely no doubt about it. Only fans moaning will screw this up for you.

Johnson

Okay, fun's over. Your posts are on here as wind-ups aren't they, and as I type you're laughing at all those who fall for the bait? I can't imagine there being any other explanation for the three posts of yours that I've read today. The most cynical, negative, pessimistic person on here (this week anyway).

He has given the team as a whole, and as individuals, public praise and you simply chose to ignore it.

Okay, fun's over. Your posts are on here as wind-ups aren't they, and as I type you're laughing at all those who fall for the bait? I can't imagine there being any other explanation for the three posts of yours that I've read today. The most cynical, negative, pessimistic person on here (this week anyway).

He has given the team as a whole, and as individuals, public praise and you simply chose to ignore it.

Mozo, there's no point in even trying to reason with 'Legend City Man'- I'm not sure why I even bothered to before! I'm not sure what he was called before but he was equally annoying, and didn't come up with any points that were valid or even interesting.

Archived