IGNORED

Up Front On Saturday

mercury

With Steve Brooker only being given an outside chance of playing on Saturday, And GJ only 'hopeful' of making a loan signing by Thursday, MS is the only striker left at the club (Cotterill is not up to the job).

Do we have a recall option on Gillespie or Bridges? As it stands, I would definately call back one, or even both of them. Lets not forget MS is only one booking away from suspention as well.

If Brooker is not fit then Johnson might have to consider recalling Bridges or Gillespie but I would expect him not to do so.

Stewart and Cotterill would have to start and with it being an away game Cotterills' pace would be a usefull asset if City decide to try and play on the break.He must impress upon the defensive players to try and keep the ball down when they can as without a front man with height and strength hoofed balls will come straight back.

Hopefully Brooker will recover in time which would solve the problem.

MS is the only striker left at the club (Cotterill is not up to the job).

Cotterill scored on Saturday, more than can be said about Stewart.

I think they'll be the first choice if Brooks is out, with maybe Benyon on the bench (I've said that befor though and was wrong!)

You can't play Stewart up front alone, he's not got the pace to be running onto long balls, but stick Murry up there too and maybe we might have somthing?

Either that or give the boy Benyon a shout?

Not sure Murry would be a good option... last saturday he completely missed the goal with a couple of shots and also tried to make a pass that was not on just to avoid shooting.

He lacks confidence... but then again that can be said about most of the squad at the moment!

Give the young'un a try.... let's destroy his confidence too!! (only joking)

Not sure Murry would be a good option... last saturday he completely missed the goal with a couple of shots and also tried to make a pass that was not on just to avoid shooting.

He lacks confidence... but then again that can be said about most of the squad at the moment!

Give the young'un a try.... let's destroy his confidence too!! (only joking)

Play him off Stewart then to his right, and focus passing direct down the right wing, we know Murry can cross well and if he's low on confidence you don't want him running at players from deep, play him more forward on the wing and get as many balls to Stewart who will score!

no only after 1st month then you can..

why not give benyon a chance he was scoring for fun earlier in the season for youth and reserves...

I agree. Nobody else can seem to score. What have we to lose . There is that word again....

Yeap, give Benyon a chance. Other top notch players have broken into league football at his age....

Cotrill is actually a striker not a winger, although it pains me to say this because i don't think he cuts it with the "big boys" and his performances havn't been great recently I think that maybe he should be given a chance to play in his position.

I say that asuming we can't recall the likes of bridges. I still don't think cotrill will impress but we may as well give him a chance.

Carey and Heywood?

Phillips and Basso?

Golbourne and Youga?

Don't care. Would do as good as/better than whatever else we put up there.

Do you actually have a clue what your talking about?

When is the last time you went to watch City?

You seem to spend a lot of time at The Mall!

Archived