IGNORED

Well Done To The Supporters Trust

Robbored

Just got back from a great evening at the ST launch.

It was very well organised and well attended with about 600( maybe more) people all enjoying the atmosphere and the presentations done very professionally by Johnathan Pearce and Angus Scott.Short speeches from two external people a lady from Supporters direct and Dan Levy of the Stockport County Supporters Trust followed by Miles Hendy (Milo).

A brief interview with Steve Lansdown and then Gary Johnson.

The most enjoyable bit or me was the old footage and legends parade.Film from the 40's right through to the 90's.

Goals galore from all the greats like John Atyeo,John Galley, Chris Garland,Tom Ritchie,Paul Cheesely,Bob Taylor,Jackie,and even Junior Bent.Tinnion's goal at Anfield, Scott Murray's brace at Ninnian Park and Shuan Taylors header against Grimsby. Fantastic stuff. Very enjoyable.There was also a deserved tribute to the AG8 of whom 4 were in attendence.

Congrats go to all the organisers and hopefully loads of fans will have signed up to this very important development in the clubs history.

Guest Ronmeister

I've just got home from the Supporters' Trust launch, and I have to say it was the best night I've had in a very long time. I walked round for 4 hours star-struck by Bristol City legends past and present, and had long conversations with Scott Murray & Marcus Stewart who were absolutely lovely people. Jonathon Pearce and Steve Phillips I bumped into aswell, and Matty Heywood & Dave Partridge were funny messing about near me.

As for the actual show, it was beyond my wildest beliefs - the stage, the lighting, the presentation of the Dolman hall and the performance itself were all fantastic. The rappor between JP & Angus Scott was really good, the footage dating back as far as the very early 1900s was awe-inspiring and the speeches from our very own Milo, Gary Johnson, Steve Lansdown, and the guy from Stockport, aswell as the woman from Supporters Direct, were all fantastic and very interesting to listen to.

Also meeting a few new faces was really good - I managed to put a face to Robbored for the first time (although I have the feeling he doesn't like me :laugh:), Luke Jones was really friendly, and Thatchamred & Citydan were a laugh.

A fantastic night, rounded off by me winning the 2nd prize in the raffle - Ronnie even got a mention in the thanks, but I do anything compared to Miles, Marie, Luke, etc.! ;)

Well done ST! :chant6ez::city::chant6ez::city:

I felt rough as hell tonight, sick as a dog, but went along anyway as it is one postive at the club tonight, somehow I blagged my way onto the guest list and got see some of the older players and it was good to see them and it brought it back how we are lacking any senior pros at the club, there is no Shaun Taylor's or Gary Owers who left at the club........but I will get to the players later......

To all who organsied tonight! Well Done..........It was a very well organised and laid out night and was good from start to finish......The highlights where no doubt the Highlights from old games, but for me Angus Scott and Jonanthon Pearce where fantastic together, I doubt they have worked together before, but they where great and generated a good few laughs. Good Talks from Steve Lansdown who although everyone critsicises him still isn't afraid to duck anyone and was seen talking to everyone and anyone who wanted to talk to him.

Gary Johnson again showed that he has the desire and the right attitude to turn this club around and came across very well.......

Special Praise must go to the Milo and the others tonight who organised a great event! which was enjoyed by all! who went...............well most......

4 players tonight proved what they think of Bristol City.......Scott Murray and Louis Carey who were chatting to fans all night and made the effort, and were also voted into the "Legends Squad"........Steve Phillips who stayed till the end and was also invovled in the Pen Shoot out with the womens goalie. (he saved 2 of my shots but did brick it when I SMASHED the top corner of the cross bar, but of course I'm not bitter!) and also Cole Skuse, who although wasn't involved directly in the night stayed until the end.

The rest of the squad....WELL......probably the less said the better really, yes they made an appearance no doubt due to GJ but to be honest, their attitudes sucked! You could kinda tell from the way the acted who was out the door in Jan, but while the Speechs were going on they were just sat in the corner at the back having a laugh and a joke!.......lots of people sat down where looking around to see where the noise was coming from but only us at the back could see it was the players just............having a laugh and a joke.........very disrespectful.......especially from a certain someone who is a so called Bristol City fan!!!! hardly did himself any favours tonight!

Overall..........though a very good night and well done to all those involved!!!!! sorry for the sour note!

P.S - I joined tonight, I hope many others follow suit!...........you can all afford £1.50 a month!!!! NO EXCUSES!

I agree, it was an awesome night, I signed up and thought the whole evening was amazing. The parade of the legends was the best part of the night, hats off (big time) to Miles & co who organised the night. Nice to see most of the 1st team there (even Basso who signed my shirt "jesus loves you - John 3:16 :dunno: surely it's Austin 3:16!!!!)

Shame Tinnion wasn't there, was really looking forward to seeing him. SL & GJ were excellent as were Angus Scott & Jonathan Pearce (They called Malone an "airhead"!!!)

Cheers again, off to bed to sleep the Blackthorn off!!)

:clap:

I felt rough as hell tonight, sick as a dog, but went along anyway as it is one postive at the club tonight, somehow I blagged my way onto the guest list and got see some of the older players and it was good to see them and it brought it back how we are lacking any senior pros at the club, there is no Shaun Taylor's or Gary Owers who left at the club........but I will get to the players later......

To all who organsied tonight! Well Done..........It was a very well organised and laid out night and was good from start to finish......The highlights where no doubt the Highlights from old games, but for me Angus Scott and Jonanthon Pearce where fantastic together, I doubt they have worked together before, but they where great and generated a good few laughs. Good Talks from Steve Lansdown who although everyone critsicises him still isn't afraid to duck anyone and was seen talking to everyone and anyone who wanted to talk to him.

Gary Johnson again showed that he has the desire and the right attitude to turn this club around and came across very well.......

Special Praise must go to the Milo and the others tonight who organised a great event! which was enjoyed by all! who went...............well most......

4 players tonight proved what they think of Bristol City.......Scott Murray and Louis Carey who were chatting to fans all night and made the effort, and were also voted into the "Legends Squad"........Steve Phillips who stayed till the end and was also invovled in the Pen Shoot out with the womens goalie. (he saved 2 of my shots but did brick it when I SMASHED the top corner of the cross bar, but of course I'm not bitter!) and also Cole Skuse, who although wasn't involved directly in the night stayed until the end.

The rest of the squad....WELL......probably the less said the better really, yes they made an appearance no doubt due to GJ but to be honest, their attitudes sucked! You could kinda tell from the way the acted who was out the door in Jan, but while the Speechs were going on they were just sat in the corner at the back having a laugh and a joke!.......lots of people sat down where looking around to see where the noise was coming from but only us at the back could see it was the players just............having a laugh and a joke.........very disrespectful.......especially from a certain someone who is a so called Bristol City fan!!!! hardly did himself any favours tonight!

Overall..........though a very good night and well done to all those involved!!!!! sorry for the sour note!

P.S - I joined tonight, I hope many others follow suit!...........you can all afford £1.50 a month!!!! NO EXCUSES!

Great account. Just two questions. Did Brian Tinnion show up, and what sort of reception did he get?

Guest redphilc

Great account. Just two questions. Did Brian Tinnion show up, and what sort of reception did he get?

No he bottled it at the last moment. Don't blame him really though.

Brilliant night, well done to the organisers.

Thanks to Ron for saying he thought I'd be old and bald! And everybody else for being generally nice, and very helpful.

Steve Phillips was quite a good sport, and Ruth, the women's keeper is quality, a real nice girl.

One thing though, not to put a downer on things, but the players could have made the effort in the way that they were dressed, out of respect for the legends, who made a hell of an effort. I wasn't impressed with the comments of a couple of players, who made it clear that they were there out of neccesity, and the arrogance of one, but thats another debate!!

Would have been nice to put faces to a few more names, but it was great to meet those who I did meet.

(BTW I was the guy in the England shirt helping out on the Beat The Goalie)

Guest Ronmeister

Yeah..............you barged right past me and spilt my beer as you went off to get your harrords hamper!......to the chants of FIX!"

:laugh: Sorry mate, was just in shock really ;)

Just realise I have lost my voice talking so much tonight :laugh:

Thanks to Ron for saying he thought I'd be old and bald!

You're the guy who used to have the Tattoo in your sig, well old bald "hells angels" have stuff like that, so I presumed you were one of them :laugh:

Don't worry, I thought Lisa was a monkey up until a few weeks ago :laugh:

Unfortunately i couln't make it tonight, but did anyone get any pics?

I got a picture of Marcus Stewart, me with Gary Johnson and me with Scott Murray ^_^

Can I also add that I thought Milo's speech was brilliant, he was obviously nervous but his speech was much more fluent than one Jonathon Pearce ;)

Brilliant night, well done to the organisers.

Thanks to Ron for saying he thought I'd be old and bald! And everybody else for being generally nice, and very helpful.

Steve Phillips was quite a good sport, and Ruth, the women's keeper is quality, a real nice girl.

One thing though, not to put a downer on things, but the players could have made the effort in the way that they were dressed, out of respect for the legends, who made a hell of an effort. I wasn't impressed with the comments of a couple of players, who made it clear that they were there out of neccesity, and the arrogance of one, but thats another debate!!

Would have been nice to put faces to a few more names, but it was great to meet those who I did meet.

(BTW I was the guy in the England shirt helping out on the Beat The Goalie)

ah!!! good to put a face to the name, I was the last of the 4 lads (ok blokes) to have a god, I was with the fatty who scored past Phillips and then started the Easy chant! what a fat ginger fool!.........I'm just gutted that I smashed the top corner of the crossbar.......still it gave Stevie a fright! ha ha!

ah!!! good to put a face to the name, I was the last of the 4 lads (ok blokes) to have a god, I was with the fatty who scored past Phillips and then started the Easy chant! what a fat ginger fool!.........I'm just gutted that I smashed the top corner of the crossbar.......still it gave Stevie a fright! ha ha!

I know the one. You were with the guy who shouted EASY?!!!!

I don't think that went down too well with him! :laugh::laugh:

Guest Ronmeister

Sorry things keep coming back to me through the haze of the evening - I am well chuffed that I went up to Gary Johnson and said, "Sorry mate, but have you heard of Keigan Parker?"

He said no, and then I explained about him and Robbored joined in a bit aswell. Johnson said something along the lines of I'll have a look!

RESULT!

Unfortunately I'll have to go for the night in a moment, been up since 6:30am and another early start tomorrow :(

Sorry things keep coming back to me through the haze of the evening - I am well chuffed that I went up to Gary Johnson and said, "Sorry mate, but have you heard of Keigan Parker?"

He said no, and then I explained about him and Robbored joined in a bit aswell. Johnson said something along the lines of I'll have a look!

RESULT!

Ronnie get down off the ceiling and get to bed.

I'm knackered so you must me too, will post my thoughts when my brain can function again (yes it did work once in 1992)

Great night though, glad all the hard work paid off so well, people really seemed to be enjoying themselves, I even persuaded Billy Mercer, Angus Scott and Johnathon Pearce to sign up as members.

Night all!

I shall sign up when my next installment of my loan comes in. As it is now, I spent all my money trying to score past Ruth Poulter without her saving any that I had to borrow £3 off of my mate to get to uni tommorow! (And I did finally score 3/3 against her at the end!!)

Cynic I doubt we're talking about the same person, the person I'm talking about is only my age, but thats all I'll say! :ph34r::handbags:

Dolly, you were young back in 1992, thats why your brain worked! :me?::whistle:

Congrats to the organisers, a brilliant night that seemed to me to go off without any major hitches! My favourite bit was the screening of the play-off semi final, shivers down my spine when Robbo scored. Brilliant.

Sounds like it was an excellent night.

You aren't the first to mention some of the players messing about and the arrogance of one individual - I had a phone conversation with a mate who was there saying the same thing.

But the main thing is that it was a roaring success, so well done to all concerned.

I'll be signing up, and so should everyone on here.

Who was this arrogant individual?.

Great night, well done to the organisers.

I was also on the guest list and it was somewhat of an added bonus to be on the guest list as me and my mates got to meet Johnson, talk about how things were going with him and have photos taken.

It was interesting to hear his honest views on our current position and how he felt we could end our current bad run of results.

I'm glad that the vast majority of City fans can appreciate what Johnson is trying to do at City and I find his approach to management to be exciting, honest and accurate.

As for the players, I couldn't agree more...why they turned up halfway through the first set of speeches and started fannying around I'll never know.

One player, who shall remain nameless, certainly gave off clear signals that he won't be a BCFC player for much longer. Good riddance as some of those players' attitudes stunk this evening.

Great night, well done to the organisers.

I was also on the guest list and it was somewhat of an added bonus to be on the guest list as me and my mates got to meet Johnson, talk about how things were going with him and have photos taken.

It was interesting to hear his honest views on our current position and how he felt we could end our current bad run of results.

I'm glad that the vast majority of City fans can appreciate what Johnson is trying to do at City and I find his approach to management to be exciting, honest and accurate.

As for the players, I couldn't agree more...why they turned up halfway through the first set of speeches and started fannying around I'll never know.

One player, who shall remain nameless, certainly gave off clear signals that he won't be a BCFC player for much longer. Good riddance as some of those players' attitudes stunk this evening.

Who?

Ok give us a clue at least please!!!!!!!.

And who was the prat who kept walking behind Matt Pick. The guy was on the phone and kept coming into camera shot looking into the camera.???

Absolutely brilliant night. never going to see that many legends in one place again. lansdown looked demoralised. brooker was really down to earth and spot on.wilkshire the only big name i didn't see at all. johnson talked a lot of sense to me when i asked him all the questions i lie awake thinking. supporters trust deserve a huge round of applause.

As someone who is very much aware of the work which has gone on behind the scens to put this night on I too would like to add my thanks. Initially my thanks must go to everyone who has been involved in the supporters trust working party, onward to all of our sponsors and benefactors and to all of the legends who attended.

The biggest thanks must go to all the fans who turned up this evening. Without you all igt wouldn't have been the success that it was. It is fair to say that tonight was one of the best nights of my life seeing it all come together like it did. Tonight, the fans were happy again, we went away from Ashton Gate with a smile. That hasn't happened in a while now, has it!?

I shall try not to repeat what has already been said in the thread above, I will say a big thank you if I may, however, to Cole Skuse (who stayed through all of the speaches), Scott Murray and Louis Carey (who stayed until long after the event had finished), and Steve Phillips (who stayed longer than anyone else talking to fans). Their time was massively appreciated.

We also appreciate the first team squad turning up. Thanks.

I really am pleased that everyone who I have spoken to enjoyed it, and it makes me even happier to read posts like these on her. Remember though guys, the hard work starts here and now. The Trust has launched, now we have to make an impact, representing the fans.

I would urge anyone who has not yet been able to, to sign up for the Trust. It only costs £1 per month and will give you a say in your football club.

Thanks again to all for your support. I am feeling high on adreneline and extremely pleased with the way things went.

Absolutely brilliant night. never going to see that many legends in one place again. lansdown looked demoralised. brooker was really down to earth and spot on.wilkshire the only big name i didn't see at all. johnson talked a lot of sense to me when i asked him all the questions i lie awake thinking. supporters trust deserve a huge round of applause.

Your thoughts are appreciated. Truly. Just to clarify, Luke was there. He spent some time round on the "beat the goalie".

Congratulations are in order, those who have taken on the mantle of organising and promoting the Bristol City Supporters Trust have obviously put in a lot of hard work along with some excellent communication / persuasion skills.

If I had been in doubt about the validity and the level of effectiveness that the trust could achieve, tonight went virtually all the way to eradicating my concerns, slick, professional and without doubt a success.

You are right, there has been a lot ofwork. Comments like this though, mean that it really was all wortwhile. It means an awful lot to us all. Thank you.

My slight concerns, as with most organisations, is that there will be someone who gets themselves in a position of power for selfish reasons, rather than the good of the club and also that whilst the club is being funded to such an extent by the directors, that anyone who believes the trust could step in and run the club would be mistaken, purely down to the levels of finance involved.

I struggle to find a reason why I shouldn't contribute financially to the trust, so I guess that's yet another (albeit) small monthly outgoing that is BCFC related.

With respect to the above, our stated aims do not involve owning the club, but owning a part of the club and being able to partake in the decision making process. Dan told us how their Trust which was begun on a similar premise, ended upopwning the club as an illustration of what could happen rather than what we are aiming for.

As for your concern over someone getting into a position of power for selfish reasons, the great thing about the Trust is that any member can stand to be on the board (the Trust is commited to helping any member stand for election) and that all members will have to stand for re-election by rotation. There are also detailed guidelines around the conduct of board members which will be made available to all. There are safeguards in place as you can see but it is important that as many people as possible become members and are then able to have a vote which counts.

He unfortunately was unable to appear as he was suffering from a throat infection.

In his absence, his reception when mentioned, and again when his goal Vs Liverpool was shown was only bettered by those for the AG8, John Galley and Bob Taylor that I recall. there may hvae been a few others but my point is that tonight's reaction would have showed him what the vast, vast majority of fans think of him.

I am gutted that he wasn't there because, selfishly, I would have liked to have seen him and thank him myself. I am more gutted that he missed his reception in his absence and wish that he had been able to accept the cheer that went his way.

Also, to Brian's great credit, he sent a text message on the night (having apologised previously due to illness) wishing us the best and saying how disapopointed he was not to be there.

If you read this Brian, get well soon!

Incidentally, I was speaking to a member of the first team squad today about Brian and I surmise that Brian Tinnion was well liked amongst the majority of the players. This first team squad member also commented on how much we missed him as a player when he retired. Having seen him at Aldershot on Saturday, it is fair to say that we miss him still now.

Guest Legend City Man

"Brian Tinnion had a throat infection" ... Yeh right ok Brian.. I don't blame you atol for not tuning up in any circumstances Brian.. towards the end a few REAL fans treated you like rubbish and a few players really let you down..Why should you return this club any favours.

"Steve Phillips will be gone in January" - I agree.. The way he was chatting in an interview on Radio Bristol on Saturday you could tell how upset and hurt he was at now being number 2 behind a complete clown.. I wish Steve the best and if he go's elswhere he gos with my good wishes for the future.

Archived