IGNORED

Trust Us Or Not

Guest ashtonyate

Guest ashtonyate

I think the Trust is nobel ideal but deep down I just wonder if it could support a premership side which must be the aim of Bristol City,or consign us to lower league football or do you need really rich men who can afford to put vast sums of money in the Club.

I wonder if it could stop that happening would big investers want to work with a trust how would a trust work in the premership could it afford to running to debt,who is libel for any debt incured. As I said a nobel ideal but what are the pit falls of a trust.

I think the Trust is nobel ideal but deep down I just wonder if it could support a premership side which must be the aim of Bristol City,or consign us to lower league football or do you need really rich men who can afford to put vast sums of money in the Club.

I wonder if it could stop that happening would big investers want to work with a trust how would a trust work in the premership could it afford to running to debt,who is libel for any debt incured. As I said a nobel ideal but what are the pit falls of a trust.

We don't play in the Premiership, we're at the wrong end of the Third Division. Nor do the trust want to own the club.

They want a say for us, the fans, which is only right in my opinion.

I see it as the trust has to work for the fans and I think it's a brilliant idea. I take my hat off to everyone involved.

I wish I could put my time and effort into it as much as they have but with a demanding full time job and a family, time is something of a luxury.

I wish the trust all the best and hope it works for the club and the fans.

MM

Guest ashtonyate

Just out of interest were you there last night ashtonyate??

Last night I was teaching beginners how to play bowls which i do most monday night if any one wants to learn let me know and I will book then on the next course in Jan

Last night I was teaching beginners how to play bowls which i do most monday night if any one wants to learn let me know and I will book then on the next course in Jan

Its a shame you couldnt go. The atmosphere was fantastic and anyone who was there would know what a great night it was. The football coverage was fab and I'm sure would have brought a shiver down your spine and mafe all those realise what a great football club we are even though we are having a bad time at the moment.

Well done to all involved and to all fortunate enough to attend.

I couldn't get as finishing work at five ( Boss would'nt let me take the time ) and living in

lincolnshire did'nt seem a possible trek.

Really gutted but it's great to hear all the names, City dan , Ron , dolly, etc all meeting up

and having a great time ..

Nice to hear a good buzz on the forum and thats down to the supporters trust so well done one and all

It is not the aim of the Bristol City Supporters Trust to own the Club.

13 clubs in the UK are, however, owned by Supporters Trusts.

That won't happen here in the forseeable future for many reasons.

However, you should note that the biggest and most successful team in the world, with the most European Championship titles to its name, with a team including Zidane, Raul, Ronaldinho, Beckham etc is owned by its supporters. As is Barcelona. As are most of the teams in the German Bundesliga.

I would argue that whether the football club is owned by a mutual or a plc is almost incidental. There's a slight difference in that a plc can borrow larger sums than a mutual can. Less borrowing means less risk.

Collectively the annual income of the 40,000 fans travelling to Cardiff is estimated at just under £1 billion and dwarves the income of any individual barring the super rich.

To answer your question, therefore, yes in theory, but it won't be happening here.

Collectively the annual income of the 40,000 fans travelling to Cardiff is estimated at just under £1 billion and dwarves the income of any individual barring the super rich.

And collectively they probably have around 100,000 mouths to feed and around 20,000 mortgages to pay - which wouldn't happen to any individual! :blink:

Guest ashtonyate

It is not the aim of the Bristol City Supporters Trust to own the Club.

13 clubs in the UK are, however, owned by Supporters Trusts.

That won't happen here in the forseeable future for many reasons.

However, you should note that the biggest and most successful team in the world, with the most European Championship titles to its name, with a team including Zidane, Raul, Ronaldinho, Beckham etc is owned by its supporters. As is Barcelona. As are most of the teams in the German Bundesliga.

I would argue that whether the football club is owned by a mutual or a plc is almost incidental. There's a slight difference in that a plc can borrow larger sums than a mutual can. Less borrowing means less risk.

To answer your question, therefore, yes in theory, but it won't be happening here.

But what would happen if a very rich group of people wanted to take over the club but would not want to work with the trust.I know its a bit far fetched but a club in this part of the Country that was doing well could be a good investment and not cost alot to buy.

What do the fans get out of the trust?

And what is it actulley going to do, i keep asking this cause nobady seems to have a clear answer

if you had gone to the launch on Monday you would have found out! Many legends there including some from the Ashton 8! go to our website - www.bristolcityst.org.uk, hopefully this will answer your questions if not email us on

info@bristolcityst.org.uk :ph34r::rolleyes:

if you had gone to the launch on Monday you would have found out! Many legends there including some from the Ashton 8! go to our website - www.bristolcityst.org.uk, hopefully this will answer your questions if not email us on

info@bristolcityst.org.uk :ph34r::rolleyes:

At last a non snippy answer,

But what would happen if a very rich group of people wanted to take over the club but would not want to work with the trust.I know its a bit far fetched but a club in this part of the Country that was doing well could be a good investment and not cost alot to buy.

If they didn't want to work with a Major Supporters Group that have a shareholding in the club, I would be very concerned as to why they wanted to take over???...........rather not have those sorts of people at the club regardless of how much they have..........At least with Lansdown in charge we know he has the clubs best interests at heart.......

if someone wanted to come in a take over and didn't want fans to know what is going on, I'd rather they were not here!!!

If they didn't want to work with a Major Supporters Group that have a shareholding in the club, I would be very concerned as to why they wanted to take over???...........rather not have those sorts of people at the club regardless of how much they have..........At least with Lansdown in charge we know he has the clubs best interests at heart.......

if someone wanted to come in a take over and didn't want fans to know what is going on, I'd rather they were not here!!!

That is my opinion too. Part of the point of the ST is to make sure the fans are involved in the running of the club. One person autonomous in decision making can never be healthy.

Archived