IGNORED

Phillips Being Replaced And New Players

B-Rizzle

I think it would be a very big mistake to replace Phillips, as some people are suggesting!

A goalkeeper is the least of our priorities at the moment! Phillips is a proven top goalkeeper at this level and we shouldn't replace him. I think it would be a bad move for Johnson to spend time looking for a first team keep in january rather than what i feel are our main priorities:

Centre back- with pace to do the Danny Coles type job alongside Heywood

Left Back- we all know this

Defensive midfielder- to giver more cover for the defence and allow Wilkshire or Russell to create

Left winger- again we all know we need a left winger

Pacy Striker- who will score goals, neither gillespie or heff were or are the answers as i don't think they are quick enough(yes i do know that heff is banging in the goals at the moment)

Does anyone else really think we need a new goalkeeper?

This is such an old debate!

We all know that Phillips is very agile and a superb shot stopper but that he lacks the other qualities such as commanding his box and consistantly making the right decisions.His all around game is flawed.

Basso may not be in the same class when it comes to spectacular saves but he does know when to come for a ball and he commands the 18 yard box well.At least defenders know what he's doing and adapt their game accordingly.The defence is stronger with a dominant goalkeeper taking charge, and Phillips simply doesn't "take charge".

Archived