IGNORED

Cole Skuse

Guest Baker32

Guest Baker32

Unfair Comments has been Written on this Forum about Cole Skuse over the past few monthsand i for one I'm sick of it. Not only does he play for city he Supports City would run through brick walls for city. O.k footballs about opinions o.k fair enough but i think some comments have been uncalled for. This Lads in his FIRST full season is in a Struggling Team Who most Pub teams would fancy Beating at the mo yet gets slagged off after every game by the same people over and over again. He's one of you guys a surpport he feels the same as you guys when city win and the same when they lose. Hes just lucky enough to play. He Breaks His elbow in the 15th min and Plays on for the full 90 mins with a single moan. Just let hm get on with his football get behide him and the boys. Also a message to people who keep sayin he's premiership class its a big step up to the prem so lets not put to must pressure on the young lad.

P.s Hope your arm gets better soon and keep your head up

"Ooooh don't pick on Cole he reads this you know," is that what you're saying?

You've got to learn to take it as a pro footballer I'm afraid.

And Cole, you've got a ridiculous name.

:laugh:

Its not ridiculous.. its unique :laugh:

Hes a very good player.. and i rate him alot btw :D

Guest Baker32

You don't like his Name I'm sure He really cares about that but anyway thanks for sharing that with us. i bet you have a nice name.

I have to agree with you there, seeing he is only 19, and is playing with this commitment, I wish the rest of the team showed this.

He is proving to be a valuable member of the squad, and as he ages, will progress to be an excellent player. We need to keep the guys like this, and support them and encourage them.

Otherwise, we will be in the same old position of watching him on TV in a good side saying the old line 'He used to play for us :@ '

Unfair Comments has been Written on this Forum about Cole Skuse over the past few monthsand i for one I'm sick of it. Not only does he play for city he Supports City would run through brick walls for city. O.k footballs about opinions o.k fair enough but i think some comments have been uncalled for. This Lads in his FIRST full season is in a Struggling Team Who most Pub teams would fancy Beating at the mo yet gets slagged off after every game by the same people over and over again. He's one of you guys a surpport he feels the same as you guys when city win and the same when they lose. Hes just lucky enough to play. He Breaks His elbow in the 15th min and Plays on for the full 90 mins with a single moan. Just let hm get on with his football get behide him and the boys. Also a message to people who keep sayin he's premiership class its a big step up to the prem so lets not put to must pressure on the young lad.

P.s Hope your arm gets better soon and keep your head up

He is a young player who has a lot on his shoulders, and i for one am glad he's out (not for his injury) but to give him a rest. i think he is very lightweight and is a confidence player. As for pressure every player has to take criticism for what going on the pitch! There is no time to wrap any player up.

Said the guy with the name 'Rory' in his thread :laugh:

Guest Baker32

He is a young player who has a lot on his shoulders, and i for one am glad he's out (not for his injury) but to give him a rest. i think he is very lightweight and is a confidence player. As for pressure every player has to take criticism for what going on the pitch! There is no time to wrap any player up.

I'm not saying that he should be wrapped up in cotton wool. I'm sure he takes it on the chin But a slagging off after every game is that called for

I'm not saying that he should be wrapped up in cotton wool. I'm sure he takes it on the chin But a slagging off after every game is that called for

I would agree with you that slagging off any player does not help, but saying that they have a responsibility to the supporters, Skuse just seems unfortunate to be in this so called team, he is not the only one that gets slagged off. The manager has started to get his fair share now, in which i think is derserved!

Guest Baker32

got no problem with Cole Skuse and i think he is a good player, however i feel he is

being asked to do a tommy doc style job in midfield when he is more of a tinnion

type of play maker, out of position that's all :dunno:

He's a good Player without Doubt maybe you could be right But is that Cole fault hes playing in that position.

For Me he can do any role in midfield but i understand what u say

got no problem with Cole Skuse and i think he is a good player, however i feel he is

being asked to do a tommy doc style job in midfield when he is more of a tinnion

type of play maker, out of position that's all :dunno:

Agreed.. i think alot of people are putting expectation on to the bloke to become a tommy type.. but he is more of a lightweight player who likes to play the ball out not flyin into tackles..

Scotty brown is more of the tommy type..

Guest Baker32

I would agree with you that slagging off any player does not help, but saying that they have a responsibility to the supporters, Skuse just seems unfortunate to be in this so called team, he is not the only one that gets slagged off. The manager has started to get his fair share now, in which i think is derserved!

The Manager can only work with what he has got you need the right tools to do the right job. Even though i say that you should #NOT lose 8 in a row

He had the right tools when he took over, but not the right attitude!

Rubbish. When he took over he had freebies, academy players and a couple of players worth something. He had no left sided players of use, no holding player and no pacy striker. It could be argued that he had no decent right back or right winger. Poor tools.

Rubbish. When he took over he had freebies, academy players and a couple of players worth something. He had no left sided players of use, no holding player and no pacy striker. It could be argued that he had no decent right back or right winger. Poor tools.

His attitude still stinks now, Rubbish is the team now! The players he started with got his only results, He has a lot to prove that he is the right choice. don't go on about pace the players were there for this division.

If cole puts in his pathetic performances each week then he is open to criticism from me. Just because he is 'City through and through' it doesn't mean the guy has any talent.

Can somebody say how many assists he has got this season, I really don't know, but I would have thought that as a central midfielder he should be doing a lot more than he does going forward, also he offers no protection from the midfield.

I have seen nothing from him that shows any potential etc, at 19 I would expect a lot more from him, and he has been aregular in this team only missing a couple of games. So I think he deserves all the criticism he gets.

If cole puts in his pathetic performances each week then he is open to criticism from me. Just because he is 'City through and through' it doesn't mean the guy has any talent.

Can somebody say how many assists he has got this season, I really don't know, but I would have thought that as a central midfielder he should be doing a lot more than he does going forward, also he offers no protection from the midfield.

I have seen nothing from him that shows any potential etc, at 19 I would expect a lot more from him, and he has been aregular in this team only missing a couple of games. So I think he deserves all the criticism he gets.

harsh but fair..

thing is he is 19 and being asked to do a midfield holding role which involves getting stuck in

hard, like the doc did, now i don't think cole skuse is that type of player, also in a holding

role or center midfield you need a leader, someone to boss the midfield about and he at

the moment is a follower, looking for guidence from experience team mates in what to do

and this he is not getting, too much is on his young shoulders when the team is in trouble,

center midfield is not a easy job if your a in a holding role and he is not quite up to it yet.

His attitude still stinks now, Rubbish is the team now! The players he started with got his only results, He has a lot to prove that he is the right choice. don't go on about pace the players were there for this division.

Why not go on about pace? We have none of it, even before GJ came. The players went there. The problems that Tinnion had will take ages to sort out and the lack of a decent first 11 let alone squad is a real problem. I can't see anything wrong with GJ's attitude. He told the players they were out in January unless they sorted it out and I think that's fair enough. In fact he has tried a lot of things, but you can only take these horses to water.

Guest ashtonyate

He is a young man learning his way in the game its hard to be play well all the time and young players need to be rested now and again.So think before you give him or any young player stick, him and Cotterell are only about 18 years old and needed to brought on slowly

Why don't you mind your own business, and go play on your own forum, what is it with you lot?, is your club and forum that bad, that you need to keep coming on to the City website !!!! :grr:

It wouldn't be so bad if any of you came on here and talked some sense, then again with you lot that is never going to happen :rofl2br:

I have to agree with you there, seeing he is only 19, and is playing with this commitment, I wish the rest of the team showed this.

He is proving to be a valuable member of the squad, and as he ages, will progress to be an excellent player. We need to keep the guys like this, and support them and encourage them.

Otherwise, we will be in the same old position of watching him on TV in a good side saying the old line 'He used to play for us :@ '

well said that man :chant6ez::chant6ez:

He is a young man learning his way in the game its hard to be play well all the time and young players need to be rested now and again.So think before you give him or any young player stick, him and Cotterell are only about 18 years old and needed to brought on slowly

I'll tell you something ashtonyate. You know a lot more about football than most of the teenagers who come on here giving you stick about the academy (not that I share your opinion on that one!!). Of course a young kid making his way in the game needs to brought on properly. Anybody who has played football at any reasonable level and has played with young players and has a brain would realise this.

We are not talking about Wayne Rooney or Pele here. He is being asked to play a holding role that only players of great experience can play properly, such as Claude Makelele or Roy Keane. He is also being asked to play in a side which is losing every week. He is simply being asked to do more than he should be at the moment. And he does it without complaining even though his parents, agent and whoever else advises him are probably fuming. Who'se fault is that. But don't worry because they will remember that when the next contract negotiation arises or a club from a higher league comes sniffing. The same also goes for Dave Cotterill. And then all you people saying that Skuse/Cotterill are "pathetic" will be blaming Lansdown for not holding onto our best young talent.

As for people who say he "deserves" all the stick he is getting - grow up and learn something about the game that you pay good money to watch every week.

Guest ashtonyate

A lot of people think i am against young players i am not ,but think you must handel them properly play in a side that we have at the moment its hard work for them and can let their heads drop

I think Skuse will be an excellent player, but as a defender. He is doing a good job, but is young, learning and playing in a side with no confidence. He does need a rest, and certainly does not deserve the abuse certain people give him. Nor do Phillips, Cotterill or Woodman

Archived