IGNORED

One Goal.....

Tinmansleftboot

Guest pentlandsl

I'm guessing it was March/April 1986. 2nd leg of the Freight Rover v Hereford, City (always making things hard for themselves) are 2 - 0. Amazingly we get it back to 2-2 - then a heart stopping moment as Mel Pejic ( I think) hits a screamer against Waugh's cross bar & then.................

Bang in front of the East End, the ball comes to Stevie Neville - about 8 yards out , the entire ground (bar a few Hereford fans) scream "shoot", but no, not our Stevie, instead he faints to shoot & sells a little dummy, suddenly theres silence, time stands still, we can't open our mouths else our hearts will pop out, & then the only calm head in the house calmly slots the ball into the net & the place goes mad.

4 years after near extinction, City are at Wembley. I was in my early teens, i think this was the moment my love for City was sealed.

A moot point but Riley & Neville showed that you don't have to have a big man upfront to do well.

Remember this well as I went to Hereford for the first leg and came back gutted but it was a great atmosphere amongst the City fans at Edgar Street that night despite the loss. At home the crowd went absolutely mental when Stevie scored - a brilliant feeeling.

I agree about Neville and Riley but those were the days when the whole squad were having a good time and had really bonded together.

Guest Harry Dolman

Remember this well as I went to Hereford for the first leg and came back gutted but it was a great atmosphere amongst the City fans at Edgar Street that night despite the loss. At home the crowd went absolutely mental when Stevie scored - a brilliant feeeling.

I agree about Neville and Riley but those were the days when the whole squad were having a good time and had really bonded together.

Yeh, I do wonder if City will ever feel as much like a "team" as we did back then.

i remember both games as if it were yesterday,

the city fans at hereford that night were amazing,singing all the way through the game. remember being stuck in a multi storey car park behind the ground for ages after trying to get out. glory days :englandsmile4wf::farmer:

Guest The Codfather 0312

Yea the Roberts goal in the playoffs. Those few minutes will forever live with me. And also Paul Holland/Damien Spencers goal at Wembley.

Is this what makes football special?

Having read everyones replies, it's funny to see that some of the goals that were scored were of NO 'real' importance. I think sport is unique in that everything you witness will be confined to the history books and , if your lucky enough to witness a great goal, you can recall your memories!

Funny what makes you remember a goal etc.

Thanks everyone!

RR

Heres one nobody else will say

Dave Smith v Bury

1 nil win on a cold tuesday night

Bury had a corner which was headed clear (don't see that to often now!!)

Fell to smiffy edge of our own box

ran 80 yard beating 3 players, rounding the keeper

and rollling it into the empty net

Time does funny things to youe mind

but if I remember correctly

going to Ashton Gate was FUN back then :crying:

I wonder if thats on film somwhere? I have never seen Ray's goal against Hull City @ Ashton Gate. I think it was a night game and he kicked from Eastend to Openend. Am i right?

Other way my friend i was in the East End and saw the bounce over the golies head wonderfull :dance:

I'm going to be different and say Peter Beadles 94th minute equaliser against Luton Town just before Xmas three seasons ago.

Because of travelling and university, I hadnt seen a City game since the previous season and thus hadnt celebrated a City goal for about 9 months. 0-1 down deep into injury time it looked as if my return to Ashton Gate would be greeted by the end of our long unbeaten run....Then Sol Davis gets sent off for a hard tackle, Tinnion quickly takes the free kick and Beadle scrambles in the equaliser!! I go absolutely ****in mental and screamed to my Dad that this team were unbeatable!! 10 seconds later and the final whistle sounds, thats how close it was.

Thanks to all for your stories by the way. In these dark times, its nice to remember that supporting BCFC does have its great moments!

Brian Tinnions indirect free kick against Chesterfield in the 6-2 drubbing, New Years Day a few years ago. The Tin Man flicked it up onto his thigh, and vollyed it in from outside the box.

Not the most important goal ever, but one of the most enjoyable games I have ever seen. My wife liked the stroppy goalkeeper Lionel Perez and his bad hair being sent off too. :dance::englandsmile4wf::dance:

Brian Tinnions indirect free kick against Chesterfield in the 6-2 drubbing, New Years Day a few years ago. The Tin Man flicked it up onto his thigh, and vollyed it in from outside the box.

Not the most important goal ever, but one of the most enjoyable games I have ever seen. My wife liked the stroppy goalkeeper Lionel Perez and his bad hair being sent off too. :dance::englandsmile4wf::dance:

actually it was cambridge!!!!! :doh:

All 3 against Chelsea in the FA cup.... ahhhh we were a damn good team then.

Ah yes! Remember Robbie Turner like it was yesterday... Taylor 'n' Turner what a strike pair!!

Amazed that no-one has mentioned the 42 Yard Jimmy Mann goal against Peter Shilton -truley the best goal ever scored at Ashton Gate. Shilton, no.1 in the world at that time, could only grasp at air as it rifled into the top corner of the net in front ofthe East End (and a 30000+ crowd I believe at the time), with me right in line with the ball as it hit the netting- still tingle today recalling it!

Thats my fav too

Lee Matthews V Millwall at home, penalty..

Beadle away at Rotherham 90th minute header, went mental.

Roberts V QPR and Peacock V Plymouth when in the East End both times.

Murray's brace at Cardiff.

Tinnion's 30 yarder at Wycombe when under Joe Jordan, we were ###### but drew 1-1 and he scored a scremer.

Jan Molby's own goal against Swansea, it only pulled a goal back but the City fans celebrated like we'd won the FA Cup.

Peacock's freekick at Swindon.

Hartlepool playoffs obviously.

Mansfield away.

Aaron Brown on a cold wet Tuesday night at Grimby, booked the day off work and went up with a couple of mates, scored in the last minute and went crazy, also went top of the league that night, was superb.

The good old days......... :(

Was interested to see that Perez, now goalkeeping coach at Peterborough, was involved in a "touchline incident" yesterday. Anger management classes, anyone?

Archived