IGNORED

Marcus....

Dolman Block B

Get rid NOW, better strikers in the conference who would command a fraction of Stewarts salery

Well said that man; note he was in the reserves v Cardiff subbed at half time; still not scoring; maybe he wasnt getting the service :doh:

notice the guy we were after scored though :doh:

Well said that man; note he was in the reserves v Cardiff subbed at half time; still not scoring; maybe he wasnt getting the service :doh:

notice the guy we were after scored though :doh:

Would be grateful if Mr Gow and Glos Boy would pop along to a few conference games then and get us this striker u say are out there.Total rubbish, Marcus wouldnt been offered good contracts else where if he is so shi..te would he, or cant u see that.

Just fingers crossed the rest of theplayers can support him correctly, i really think he will come good.

Guest Harry Dolman

I really hope to be found wrong, but right now the acquisition of Stewart looks like another act by City which was based 80% on sentimentality & 20% on judgement.

Am not convinced the service this year is much better/worse than last year - when our 2 strikers got 50 between them. Brooker/Stewart doesn't look a good combo to me, neither are quick enough to play off a bigger man & neither are dominant in the air (whenever I see Brooker close up am amazed how small he is).

With genuine pace upfront you don't need great service, long punts upfield can become goal scoring chances. With Brooker & Stewart the approach play has to be perfect.

I would love Stewart to stay, turn it round & become the hero he wants to be, but the fact is a quick striker is a must, & I can't see either Stewart or Brooker settling for an extended period on the bench (& frankly, neither would I want to be paying their level of wages to be on the bench).

Those three are singled out, because they are senior pros, and have all singularly failed to play to their potential, or pull their bloody weight.

You and I would play with more pride than most of this lot.................

And that is where the problem really lies, I don't think Mr Johnson can handle the senior pros, any one who might have an opinion that doesn't agree with his, all three of them (4 including Bridges) have played at a higher level than GJ is used to managing.

Marcus does have a body language that makes him look that way, but look at his reaction when we concede, when notts county scored there second the other week, I looked at him, and his head went in his hands, he was gutted, that is not the reaction of someone who doesn't give a toss. He desperately wants himself, and BCFC to succeed.

I really wanted GJ to be a success at this club, but the longer the time passes, the less and less he is impressing me, you all keep rattling on that no player is bigger than the club, well, no manager is bigger than the club, GJ needs to put the club first, and his over inflated ego second.

We have the players who are capable of getting us out of this mess, he should swallow his pride, bury the hatchet, and get him, and the squad batting for the same side. The them and me attitude has to stop, he should be the twelth man on the pitch, someone the players respect and admire, not someone they are scared to make a mistake in front of.

If you were Marcus, last season playing in the championship, and then find yourself be replaced by some rookie who has never scored a league goal (savage), not even getting on as a sub, and then turning out for the reserves week in week out, how would you feel? I'm sure he could have insisted he left last week for a higher club, but he didn't, he chose to stay and battle it out. That shows a lot more character than GJ is showing at the moment, GJ could learn something from Marcus about attitude and desire.

I back MS 100%, shame GJ doesn't do the same.

Guest Harry Dolman

And that is where the problem really lies, I don't think Mr Johnson can handle the senior pros, any one who might have an opinion that doesn't agree with his, all three of them (4 including Bridges) have played at a higher level than GJ is used to managing.

Marcus does have a body language that makes him look that way, but look at his reaction when we concede, when notts county scored there second the other week, I looked at him, and his head went in his hands, he was gutted, that is not the reaction of someone who doesn't give a toss. He desperately wants himself, and BCFC to succeed.

I really wanted GJ to be a success at this club, but the longer the time passes, the less and less he is impressing me, you all keep rattling on that no player is bigger than the club, well, no manager is bigger than the club, GJ needs to put the club first, and his over inflated ego second.

We have the players who are capable of getting us out of this mess, he should swallow his pride, bury the hatchet, and get him, and the squad batting for the same side. The them and me attitude has to stop, he should be the twelth man on the pitch, someone the players respect and admire, not someone they are scared to make a mistake in front of.

If you were Marcus, last season playing in the championship, and then find yourself be replaced by some rookie who has never scored a league goal (savage), not even getting on as a sub, and then turning out for the reserves week in week out, how would you feel? I'm sure he could have insisted he left last week for a higher club, but he didn't, he chose to stay and battle it out. That shows a lot more character than GJ is showing at the moment, GJ could learn something from Marcus about attitude and desire.

I back MS 100%, shame GJ doesn't do the same.

The thing is it is those "senior pro's" that got us to 2nd bottom before Johnson arrived.

When I speak to fans of other clubs the view most have formed of City over a period of years is that we have vastly greater resources than most of the competition, but still underwhelm. If Johnson rebuilds us in the image of Yeovil - I.E no "stars" in the team, but young, hungry players who work for the shirt, despite the current pain, the benefits will be worth it.

The way some people talk you would think Johnson inherited a great side on the verge of achieving something........ Lets remember, the side he inherited had only won 1 game & then despite putting 4 past PV in 20 mins we fans spent the last 60 mins collectively bitiing our nails.

The way some people talk you would think Johnson inherited a great side on the verge of achieving something........ Lets remember, the side he inherited had only won 1 game & then despite putting 4 past PV in 20 mins we fans spent the last 60 mins collectively bitiing our nails.

The side he inherited wasn't that bad, yes they had only won one, but they drew three, and only lost three of the seven matches before BT left., with GJ's loan players involved, we have lost eight on the bounce, so by that conclusion, the players he inherited, were better than the ones he has brought in.

Guest Harry Dolman

The side he inherited wasn't that bad, yes they had only won one, but they drew three, and only lost three of the seven matches before BT left., with GJ's loan players involved, we have lost eight on the bounce, so by that conclusion, the players he inherited, were better than the ones he has brought in.

The side he inherited weren't that bad ??

Yes we had drawn 3 games, all at home, 2 were against MK Dons & Blackpool - 2 sides we will compete with to get relegated this season. The other was Colchester, who at the time were right in the mire (though they have improved immensely recently) & we still couldn't score against them even though they were down to 10 men for the last approx 20 mins.

In every game (home & away) this season under Tinnion we had significantly less possession than the opposition. Against Brentford, Barnsley & Hartlepool we dominated possession. Suggest to me that Johnson does not what he's doing.

I can't beleive how in Tinnions finals days (7-1 Swansea...... the team weren't that bad ??) many people posted along the lines of "get anyone in, it can't be worse than it is) & now we are saying actually it wasn't that bad.

In every game (home & away) this season under Tinnion we had significantly less possession than the opposition. Against Brentford, Barnsley & Hartlepool we dominated possession. Suggest to me that Johnson does not what he's doing.

So what has happened since those three games? he has brought in his own loan players and it's been down hill ever since. Those first three games proved that the players were capable, it's what GJ has said and players he's brought in SINCE then that has changed.

Guest Harry Dolman

So what has happened since those three games? he has brought in his own loan players and it's been down hill ever since. Those first three games proved that the players were capable, it's what GJ has said and players he's brought in SINCE then that has changed.

Sankofa played against Brentford & Hartlepool. I think Younga came in for the Tranny game (personally I would've preferred Keogh or Fortune to have played). Of the other loanees, Quinn was cover for Brooker (I am glad Quinn went back, never rated him, but he did help Wednesday to promotion last season). Of the other players coming in Basso seems to have done ok & Joesph seem reasonable.

The club has been way too soft for years - how many times have people discussed the "comfort zone" that is Ashton Gate - Tinnion tried to change it & failed, not Johnson is trying....

Sooner or later we need to back a manager to make the changes (even if theres short term pain) otherwise the future is bleak..........

Archived