IGNORED

Johnson To Do A Redknapp ?

headhunter

As Yeovil lost for the 5th time in a row I pondered whether GJ might consider returning to south Somerset were he to receive an approach from Yeovil.

For my part I'd consider driving him there if he was interested - the more I here him talk the more I form the impression of a cockney wind bag a la Frank Butcher on Eastenders !

He must be running out of soundbites [Murray too reading his quotes in today's EP !] and just what will he say if we stumble on Tuesday ?

It's his side now both in terms of content and the fact that he has managed it for 2 months and surely that is enough to implant his game plan on the numpties that make up our squad.

WE ARE 5 POINTS ADRIFT OF SAFETY - BY THE TIME THE "MAGNIFICANT 3" [WHOEVER THEY MAY BE] ARRIVE WE COULD BE 12 POINTS ADRIFT AND LEFT WITH A MOUNTAIN TO CLIMB.

So might he go - or is Thomson more likely to throw in the towel ? Let's be fair, they are c*** without each other !!!

As Yeovil lost for the 5th time in a row I pondered whether GJ might consider returning to south Somerset were he to receive an approach from Yeovil.

For my part I'd consider driving him there if he was interested - the more I here him talk the more I form the impression of a cockney wind bag a la Frank Butcher on Eastenders !

He must be running out of soundbites [Murray too reading his quotes in today's EP !] and just what will he say if we stumble on Tuesday ?

It's his side now both in terms of content and the fact that he has managed it for 2 months and surely that is enough to implant his game plan on the numpties that make up our squad.

WE ARE 5 POINTS ADRIFT OF SAFETY - BY THE TIME THE "MAGNIFICANT 3" [WHOEVER THEY MAY BE] ARRIVE WE COULD BE 12 POINTS ADRIFT AND LEFT WITH A MOUNTAIN TO CLIMB.

So might he go - or is Thomson more likely to throw in the towel ? Let's be fair, they are c*** without each other !!!

couldn't agree more, i would also personally drive hime back to yeovil, ive got enough room in the car for all his baggage

Couldn't agree less. Even if they lose 8 more games I would expect to still see GJ still here. Firstly because it will take a long time to sort out the mess created mainly by others. Secondly, regardless of loans, it won't be his team until he gets his chance to get some permanent players and not loan ones. And even then he will need time for them to come together. I would hate to see another manager change. What we need to be doing is giving someone at least a season to try and turn it around. It took Tinnion a season a and a bit to turn a 3rd placed team into a 23rd placed team. It can be reversed but it will take a long time and although the fans don't have patience, thanfully I think the board do.

Couldn't agree less. Even if they lose 8 more games I would expect to still see GJ still here. Firstly because it will take a long time to sort out the mess created mainly by others. Secondly, regardless of loans, it won't be his team until he gets his chance to get some permanent players and not loan ones. And even then he will need time for them to come together. I would hate to see another manager change. What we need to be doing is giving someone at least a season to try and turn it around. It took Tinnion a season a and a bit to turn a 3rd placed team into a 23rd placed team. It can be reserved but it will take a long time and although the fans don't have patience, thanfully I think the board do.

Agreed. I can't understand why people on this thread would think another change in manager would be in the best interests of the club.

Agreed. I can't understand why people on this thread would think another change in manager would be in the best interests of the club.

The next two games points are needed badly, otherwise the backlash from the fans will get a lot worse.There are fans on this forum who were 100% behind GJ a few weeks ago who are thinking differently with the ways things are working out. I don't like being bottom of the division, but when the players look at the table and realise whats happening, perhaps they might realise they are better then this. I feel this is also down to the manager playing a settled team. If this does not work i think GJ can use his magic and disappear.

What worries me is his total lack of ability to spot talent.

All of his loan signings have been very poor so god help us when he actually buys someone!

This is what I was worrying about too, not helped by rumours about Guy Branston who was pants everytime he came to the gate last year.

Couldn't agree less. Even if they lose 8 more games I would expect to still see GJ still here. Firstly because it will take a long time to sort out the mess created mainly by others. Secondly, regardless of loans, it won't be his team until he gets his chance to get some permanent players and not loan ones. And even then he will need time for them to come together. I would hate to see another manager change. What we need to be doing is giving someone at least a season to try and turn it around. It took Tinnion a season a and a bit to turn a 3rd placed team into a 23rd placed team. It can be reversed but it will take a long time and although the fans don't have patience, thanfully I think the board do.

Well then, prepare yourself for relegation, because I believe Johnson will take us down, unless results start changing from now.

While you may be happy to see the man do that, I'm not. And even though another manager will cause another upheaval, something drastic needs to be done and I think Johnson's run out of ideas.

If we are more than 10 points adrift by Christmas, we won't make it up and Johnson must go.

Well then, prepare yourself for relegation, because I believe Johnson will take us down, unless results start changing from now.

While you may be happy to see the man do that, I'm not. And even though another manager will cause another upheaval, something drastic needs to be done and I think Johnson's run out of ideas.

If we are more than 10 points adrift by Christmas, we won't make it up and Johnson must go.

Run out of ideas?! Rubbish- he hasn't been given the time to put his ideas in and make the team his own with permanent, not loan, signings. I actually think we might get relegated and I would still back Johnson even if it happened. At Yeovil, he did well with a small budget, litttle resources etc. For me he is now working with exactly the same sorts of things. It may take a while but he will turn it around eventually but people will need to be patient.

Run out of ideas?! Rubbish- he hasn't been given the time to put his ideas in and make the team his own with permanent, not loan, signings. I actually think we might get relegated and I would still back Johnson even if it happened. At Yeovil, he did well with a small budget, litttle resources etc. For me he is now working with exactly the same sorts of things. It may take a while but he will turn it around eventually but people will need to be patient.

The problem is, he doesn't have the time for it to 'take a while' or for us 'to be patient'. Or are you happy for the club to be relegated?

I don't give a toss who the manager is, or what his reputation is. All I care about City being relegated and all I can see right now is that that is a very real scenario.

So, as far as I'm concerned, unless Johnson can get some points on the board by Christmas, he can sling his hook.

:@

Couldn't agree less. Even if they lose 8 more games I would expect to still see GJ still here. Firstly because it will take a long time to sort out the mess created mainly by others.

Well, let's go there again :angry:

With the "mess created by others," we won three games out of the first four.Then we loan out some of the players responsible for that and bring in some loan players and sign a keeper.

Last week at Donnie we had Sankofa, Youga, Basso, Joseph & Noble in the starting line up and Savage, the striker signed by Johnson despite a record of no goals in 40 league appearances, replaced Cotterill on 30 minutes, giving SIXJohnson signings on the field.

This, "they're not HIS players," baloney, just galls me, completely-WHO SIGNED THEM-HE DID, ON LOAN-SO WHAT?-THEY'RE STILL IN OUR FIRST TEAM :angry::angry:

I don't care if they're on permanent or short term contracts, they're wearing our shirts and playing in our games, for us. WE are losing and performing badly

Secondly, regardless of loans, it won't be his team until he gets his chance to get some permanent players and not loan ones.

Nonsense

And even then he will need time for them to come together.

On that basis, Tinnion should still be here then :dunno:

I would hate to see another manager change.

I'd rather see that than relegation and we've never done worse........even with NO MANAGER :(

What we need to be doing is giving someone at least a season to try and turn it around. It took Tinnion a season a and a bit to turn a 3rd placed team into a 23rd placed team. It can be reversed but it will take a long time and although the fans don't have patience, thanfully I think the board do.

Well, let's be fair to the Board, all two of them, they appointed him and not the fans.

Look, no one expects GJ to turn City into Chelsea.............ever!

What I expect, is that we see some light at the end of the tunnel-Just a chink will do, but I can't even see the merest glimmer of hope or change.

I'd settle for improvement-just some, but the players seem more dejected, confused and demotivated as the weeks pass.

After the unlucky defeat to H'Pool, the performances, never mind the results, have got progressively more lacklustre and worse.

Keogh is on his way back on 11th Dec and he'll replace Joseph, who, barring a major performance or two, will return to Hull.

Woodman is returning and will play Tuesday evening, now that Kelly Youga has returned to Charlton, again..... injured........... again.

My point, why do the deals in the first place??

What did they achieve??

Deals for Deals sake :angry: :@ Change for Change sake-Needless Upheaval! -Why??

The problem is, he doesn't have the time for it to 'take a while' or for us 'to be patient'. Or are you happy for the club to be relegated?

I don't give a toss who the manager is, or what his reputation is. All I care about City being relegated and all I can see right now is that that is a very real scenario.

So, as far as I'm concerned, unless Johnson can get some points on the board by Christmas, he can sling his hook.

:@

He does have time. I'm not happy to be relegated but it may well be the best thing to happen in the long run. I'm just glad a lot of people on this forum have not say over the manager as we would be changing manager every few weeks.

He does have time. I'm not happy to be relegated but it may well be the best thing to happen in the long run. I'm just glad a lot of people on this forum have not say over the manager as we would be changing manager every few weeks.

don't tell me the chairman is happy with his manager and where we are in the division! I would like to know what doubts (if any) has gone through his mind.

BristolBoy, I've explained to you so many times why we played well in the first 3 or 4 games GJ was in charge.

Those loan players are not permanent and I don't expect any to be permanent (apart from Noble). So it's not 'nonsense' to say it won't be his team until he has a chance to get rid of the mess other created which is true. We were 23rd when Tinnion left so there was a mess, which is going to take a long time to turn around.

Tinnion shouldn't still be here. He lost 7-1 after an mediocre season before. We had the players to win the league the season before but came 7th. Then he led us to 23rd. When a club is on their way down it is very diffcult to stop- look at Forest for one. I rate Gary Megson and think he will turn it around but no doubt he will be ousted before he is given long enough.

Relegation isn't always the worst thing and may be the shock the club needs.

don't tell me the chairman is happy with his manager and where we are in the division! I would like to know what doubts (if any) has gone through his mind.

Where did I say the chairman was happy?

I don't like being bottom of the division, but when the players look at the table and realise whats happening, perhaps they might realise they are better then this. I feel this is also down to the manager playing a settled team. If this does not work i think GJ can use his magic and disappear.

It's players thinking they're better, that's contributed to this mess in the first place. :angry:

When all's said and done about Johnson, the players, as I said after the Brentford game, have a lot to answer for and a lot to apologise to Tinnion & Johnson about.

In fairness, he can't be held responsible for idiots getteing arrested and injuries to key players, but he can be held responsible for creating the player backlash at the club as he's fired players out on loan and replaced them with no better & tactics that just don't suit the players or produce the goods.

The morale and atmosphere is largely created by the conditions applied by the manager in any business and GJ gives the impression of a bloke who can't see any way out of the current malaise, at least until Jan which is 18 points away :(

How can you say that relegation would be the best thing to happen in the long run when at the beginning of the season, all the talk was of promotion?

If there's one thing that Johnson has done, it's lower the expectations of a lot of fans that frequent this forum and defend the man as if he is some sort of minor god. Now all we're hoping is that we beat the drop!

Relegation would be an absolute DISASTER and would be more likely to kill the club than Lansdown leaving ever would.

And how many seasons, assuming the club survives administration, do you think would be a 'reasonable time' for Johnson to get us BACK WHERE WE WERE WHEN HE TOOK OVER? One? Two?

Precisely when would your patience run out and you finally decide that Johnson needs to go?

How can you say that relegation would be the best thing to happen in the long run when at the beginning of the season, all the talk was of promotion?

If there's one thing that Johnson has done, it's lower the expectations of a lot of fans that frequent this forum and defend the man as if he is some sort of minor god. Now all we're hoping is that we beat the drop!

Relegation would be an absolute DISASTER and would be more likely to kill the club than Lansdown leaving ever would.

And how many seasons, assuming the club survives administration, do you think would be a 'reasonable time' for Johnson to get us BACK WHERE WE WERE WHEN HE TOOK OVER? One? Two?

Precisely when would your patience run out and you finally decide that Johnson needs to go?

My patience would run out when we had showed no signs that he could turn it around in a seasons time, when he has his own permanent players in and has been able to structure the club the way he wants.

Relegation has been a good thing for lots of clubs and may well be the shock the club needs as I said. We wouldn't go bankrupt etc as I've seen Steve say in 'Ask Steve'. Also it may force him to stand down which could be a good thing.

Promotion at the start of the season was mediated by Tinnion, then the fans got over excited as per usual and the bookies always have us as favourites. It didn't go unnoticed by some that we had replaced good players with bad ones and that we missed players in postions like left wing. Those people have now beeen proved correct.

BristolBoy, I've explained to you so many times why we played well in the first 3 or 4 games GJ was in charge.

Alex, You were wrong

Those loan players are not permanent

Never? :blink:

and I don't expect any to be permanent (apart from Noble).

Johnson said and I quote:"I always try to make loan signings on the basis that they'll become permanent."

So it's not 'nonsense' to say it won't be his team until he has a chance to get rid of the mess other created which is true.

No it's not It's not compulsory to loan players in-GJ did better with a team almost entirely comprised of what he had.

We were 23rd when Tinnion left so there was a mess, which is going to take a long time to turn around.

Tinnion was sacked for creating that mess.

If it takes a long time to turn around, why did GJ do it for the first four games-3 wins and an unlucky defeat.

Tinnion shouldn't still be here. He lost 7-1 after an mediocre season before.

7th place, one point short of the play offs-Which we'd settle for tomorrow in our present predicament.

When a club is on their way down it is very diffcult to stop- look at Forest for one. I rate Gary Megson and think he will turn it around but no doubt he will be ousted before he is given long enough.

How long do you think GJ should have? Do you have a time period that you would guarantee? For example-how about if we're relegated and then loose the first five games of next season, would you still have faith in GJ?

This club needs relegation like a hole in the head :angry:

I'm not happy to be relegated but it may well be the best thing to happen in the long run.

relegation can NEVER be a good thing. it will destroy us.

i have have clashed with Bristol Boy before over a similar issue, but agree fully with the fact that the players hold alot of responsibility for both tinnion departure and GJs results. i can't see GJ leaving anytime soon, but the next two back to back home games hold ten-times more importance than they did at 3 o'clock this afternoon. with swindons form being disturbingly good for a bottom two team, the players must be taking a long hard look at themselves, and GJ must galvanise them in a manner he hasn't managed to yet. i am hoping and praying for SOMETHING on tuesday, a draw, ANYTHING. :pray:

Those loan players are not permanent and I don't expect any to be permanent (apart from Noble). So it's not 'nonsense' to say it won't be his team until he has a chance to get rid of the mess other created which is true. We were 23rd when Tinnion left so there was a mess, which is going to take a long time to turn around.

Tinnion shouldn't still be here. He lost 7-1 after an mediocre season before. We had the players to win the league the season before but came 7th. Then he led us to 23rd. When a club is on their way down it is very diffcult to stop- look at Forest for one. I rate Gary Megson and think he will turn it around but no doubt he will be ousted before he is given long enough.

Where did I say the chairman was happy?

You said you would be happy with the manager if we got relegated, you would be alone, i'm telling YOU the chairman would not be a very happy bloke.

Hahah, check out all you short sighted silly people, on the chocolate liquors already are we? :laugh:

What would it say about GJ's commitment if he turned his back on us?

There is nothing in his charactor to suggest for one minute he's a quitter, he has the full backing of the board and the informed fans at this club.

Johnson to do a Redknapp indeed!

Pfffft!!

You said you would be happy with the manager if we got relegated, you would be alone, i'm telling YOU the chairman would not be a very happy bloke.

I wouldn't be happy with the manager but what I'm saying is he needs time to turn it around and for me that is more than 6 months. That may mean relegation.

Taken in isolation, people don't want another change in manager-The problem is, they don't want eight defeats on the bounce either and a truly shoking performance level.No points out of 18 with no improvement on the horizon either. :crying:

I don't care who the manager is but, let's face it, something has to happen and if GJ is convincing you, he ain't convincing me, that he's the man to change things.

What worries me is his total lack of ability to spot talent.

All of his loan signings have been very poor so god help us when he actually buys someone!

Ah, you're OK, I can help you out there because Alex has explained it.

Ahem-well, you see, it goes like this:

"Those loan signing-you know the ones that GJ made to improve things, well, they don't count"

WHY?

Well, you can't get good players on loan anymore, so, er, he got some of those not so good players and we, er, well, er, we played them, instead of players on our books because they were better-NO HANG I'VE GOT THAT WRONG-They we're NO BETTER, that's it. :pinch:

Glad I could clear that up for you and I'll post a disclaimer later to try and cheer us all up. :shifty:

Hahah, check out all you short sighted silly people, on the chocolate liquors already are we? :laugh:

What would it say about GJ's commitment if he turned his back on us?

There is nothing in his charactor to suggest for one minute he's a quitter, he has the full backing of the board and the informed fans at this club.

Johnson to do a Redknapp indeed!

Pfffft!!

i have faith in GJ, but in the six games between now and the 'holy grail' of the transfer window we face 3 teams (gill'ham, yeovil and roth'ham) who we MUST beat, no question. if he cannot raise the team for these three back to back games my faith will be roundly shaken. losses, and even draws, in these games will relegate us in my view. port vale, bradford and hud'sfield will be very tough, but with two of the three at home the team needs to play out of their skins, and build up the momentum of performance for the three games after. we are at a key stage of our season, there is no doubt, and GJs mettle will have its real acid test over the next two-three games.

Taken in isolation, people don't want another change in manager-The problem is, they don't want eight defeats on the bounce either and a truly shoking performance level.No points out of 18 with no improvement on the horizon either. :crying:

I don't care who the manager is but, let's face it, something has to happen and if GJ is convincing you, he ain't convincing me, that he's the man to change things.

When your Clubs bottom of the league the manager will allways come in for stick, but we can't go on loseing forever can we?

I genuinely think GJ will do us proud in the long run, its gut wrenching to think that at the begining of the season we all felt assured of promotion, weird, how wrong could we be? Very sad indeed but its not the end of the world, i promise you it will get better and we will stay up! :pray:

Must keep the faith, won't don't kill you makes you stronger and stuff ... :yawn:

Ah, you're OK, I can help you out there because Alex has explained it.

Ahem-well, you see, it goes like this:

"Those loan signing-you know the ones that GJ made to improve things, well, they don't count"

Erm yes I said that didn't I? I said that he should be judged on permanent signings. I know that Johnson said that these sort of signings could be permenant but obviously they haven't performed so they won't be. I don't think his loan signings have been particulalrly good, although I'd sign Sankofa up, but he should be judged when he gets his own permenant players together. Although good loan signings can be made- haven't seen many myself in this league, it isn't easy to get them in and this has been highlighted by GJ's signings. Loans and permenants are very different and that is why I'm not too worried by his loans.

Archived