IGNORED

Bbc Sports Personality Of The Year

SouthGlosRed

Guest bristolbred

Well he did score yesterday, and another was a deflected "own" goal!!.

Fair play to the bloke, especially after all the recent flack!!.

And even though we won the "Ashes", with the weather, you couldn't really vote for a cricketer after the recent defeats in Pakistan!!.

:farmer::farmer::farmer:

Crouch deserves it - despite a terrible personal situation re the lack of goals, he has continued to give 100% to the team, run his heart out and laid on many of Liverpools goals. Just wish a few City players showed half his enthusiasm and we would be several positions higher up the league.

Crouch deserves it - despite a terrible personal situation re the lack of goals, he has continued to give 100% to the team, run his heart out and laid on many of Liverpools goals. Just wish a few City players showed half his enthusiasm and we would be several positions higher up the league.

I agree. And he gets my vote just for playing his part in beating Wigan Athletic :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

I was at Anfield on Saturday (second favourite team....) and I have to admit it was a close run thing between Crouch and Gerrard as to who was the best player on the pitch.

As 'England' very rightly said, Crouch has worked his socks off and never dropped his head whilst under an increasing amount of media pressure. He did not hide and has gone from 'zero to hero' with the Liverpool supporters for that. I am sure he will go on to good things.

That committment and work ethic takes a player into the supporters hearts and makes them cult figures or 'legends'. Mistakes are forgiven and positive support is infectious. How we need someone like that now....

I think that all professional players must have the ability to be where they are, but it is the attitude that determines how good a player / team becomes.

This is 'Sports PERSONALITY of the year, and for his attitude, I think Peter Crouch deserves my vote.

Sorry but anything that reduces the possibility of the award going to Andy Flintoff is nuts - here is a guy who strained every sinew in his body and exhibited huge amounts of skill and passion to enable us to win back the Ashes for the first time since 1986/7. Man of the series and he got £4k really says it all about the difference between the two sports- Crouch has behaved well but look at what the guy gets paid. Flintoff should win and I hope he does if only for his shaking hands with Brett Lee after having tried to knock his block off for the previous few hours- that was true sportsmanship. 5 tests 5 full days each and what a contribution if your vote goes anywhere make it a sensible one for a sportsman who truly deserves the award.

Sorry but anything that reduces the possibility of the award going to Andy Flintoff is nuts - here is a guy who strained every sinew in his body and exhibited huge amounts of skill and passion to enable us to win back the Ashes for the first time since 1986/7. Man of the series and he got £4k really says it all about the difference between the two sports- Crouch has behaved well but look at what the guy gets paid. Flintoff should win and I hope he does if only for his shaking hands with Brett Lee after having tried to knock his block off for the previous few hours- that was true sportsmanship. 5 tests 5 full days each and what a contribution if your vote goes anywhere make it a sensible one for a sportsman who truly deserves the award.

and the person who drank the most after the game even though he is a good player he is no way better than hatton at there sports.

Archived