IGNORED

And If We Win ......

headhunter

Tonight's game vs. Bradford IS the most important game so far this season.

If we win one can already hear the soundbites that will be forthcoming ....

"we've turned the corner.... let's kick start our season from here .... they all gelled as a team .... we were in a false position" etc. etc.

All those on this forum who have criticised GJ will be expected to fall on their swords !

And what if we lose and the performance is another shambles ? Again, one can predict the soundbites:

"it's not my team ... we'll be OK when I can bring in my own players when the transfer window opens ... we're not seeing his true ability as he's been out most of the season [about Russell] ... etc etc.

If we do lose then will the happy clappers on here be saying well it's just another step towards relegation which might be best in the long run !!!! - IT'S REALLY WORRYING HOW MANY ON THIS FORUM ARE TAKING THIS VIEW !!

I'll be there tonight hoping we do get a win but how will you feel either way ?

Re arrange these words : swallow summer make doesn't one a

To be honest, if we win, then we have seen it before where we say "this is it, our season has started". Remeber Barnsley and Brentford?

I just want a win tonight, I don't care how, just a win. If it comes off someones backside fine, if we win 1-0 and it was an own goal...fine.

I want to see the players play with passion and with the will to win and EARN THEIR ######* money.

MM

No matter how hard I try to be optimistic about the next two games I simply can't see City getting anything from them if the last 8 performances are anything to go by.Johnson would have had to have worked miracles over the last 10 days to achieve such a turn around.

The defence has been a shambles,the midfield has been far too lightweight.Only the forwards have looked like they might produce something but they can't be expected to score 4 every game especially with the poor service they get.

Win tonight and I'll be very pleased to have picked up three vital points,lose tonight and I won't be suprised.

Tonight's game vs. Bradford IS the most important game so far this season.

If we win one can already hear the soundbites that will be forthcoming ....

"we've turned the corner.... let's kick start our season from here .... they all gelled as a team .... we were in a false position" etc. etc.

All those on this forum who have criticised GJ will be expected to fall on their swords !

And what if we lose and the performance is another shambles ? Again, one can predict the soundbites:

"it's not my team ... we'll be OK when I can bring in my own players when the transfer window opens ... we're not seeing his true ability as he's been out most of the season [about Russell] ... etc etc.

If we do lose then will the happy clappers on here be saying well it's just another step towards relegation which might be best in the long run !!!! - IT'S REALLY WORRYING HOW MANY ON THIS FORUM ARE TAKING THIS VIEW !!

I'll be there tonight hoping we do get a win but how will you feel either way ?

Re arrange these words : swallow summer make doesn't one a

If we win tonight and it is a big IF, people will say we've turned the corner, but how many corners can we turn with this man in charge before he turns up his own backside.

That we are in terrible trouble, is in no doubt.

The fact is, we have 81 points to play for and 16 in the bag-97 points would win the Division.

More realistically, a target a 50-52 points should be sufficient for City to stay in a woeful division, full of very average & poor teams.

That's another 36 points from 81 or 44% of the points left to play for.

Our record to date is 16 from 57 or 28%.

That means we have to improve by over 50% to get out of this..........and on current form that's impossible, never mind unlikely.

Our best players WILL surely leave at the end of this season, even if we stay up.Players like Brooker must have a wry look at a Port Vale Team full of "city rejects," sitting in 7th spot, whlst we languish at the bottom.

I'll be making my near 300 mile round trip to AG this evening, more in hope than expectation and, although Bradford are hardly tearing up trees this season, with Claridge & Windass up front, they'll always have a chance against the worst defence in English professional football.

I hope GJ changes his tactics but I know he won't.

I hope we win, but I think a draw is likely.

I'll be making my near 300 mile round trip to AG this evening, more in hope than expectation and, although Bradford are hardly tearing up trees this season, with Claridge & Windass up front, they'll always have a chance against the worst defence in English professional football.

Firstly, a draw is never likely under Johnson.

Secondly, Bradford are a very good side away from home - they've only lost twice away from Valley Parade this season!

Looks like another defeat to me.

Firstly, a draw is never likely under Johnson.

Secondly, Bradford are a very good side away from home - they've only lost twice away from Valley Parade this season!

Looks like another defeat to me.

I was trying to be hopefull and working on the law of averages-very tenuos, I know :)

Can't we all just go to the match thinking it's the first game of the season and get behind the players and try and roar them on to a win? I'm sure it doesn't help the players when most of the crowd turn up expecting us to lose :( At least try and have some optimism?

I think that comment is better directed at the players, who, having gone a goal down, tend to pack it in.

Actually we don't have the worst defence anymore Crewe have! But it will probably be us after tonight :(

That's really no comfort :crying:

Archived